It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rogue-Nation has Been Down for About a Week

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2023 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Hey, rogue-nation.com has been down for about a week now. What gives?

There are many refugees from ATS who made that their home forum board. I posted on Discord about it to ATS members there but got no response, now I'm making a thread here about it.

Does anyone know why I can't get in to rogue-nation? I suspect a hack attack. It would be nice to put a thread or two up over there like I do here, I always figured they'd survive well after the fall of Above Top Secret.
edit on 12/25/2023 by TheMichiganSwampBuck because: Typo

posted on Dec, 25 2023 @ 10:28 PM
link   
a reply to: TheMichiganSwampBuck

I checked is it down,and even they dont have a reason why. Prolly server issue since the server cant be reached.

posted on Dec, 25 2023 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Checked on FB. Told would be resolved. Nothing more.

Kind regards,

Bally

posted on Dec, 25 2023 @ 11:09 PM
link   

I do know it's not the first time they had problems with being online.
Not sure how uncommon that is for some forums. I remember in the early days of ATS, there were more than a few outages and each one gets the CT paranoia going.

I hope they get fixed.

+1 more 
posted on Dec, 25 2023 @ 11:27 PM
link   
From a MOD

"Just a note to let you know what's going on at RN. The web service provider changed our IP address without warning. The DNS servers don't know what IP address to send requests for "rogue-nation.com" to. They're sending them to the old IP address, which is dead, so the internet can't find us any more.

The only place we can change the IP address for the DNS is at GoDaddy. I just spent a couple hours chatting with GoDaddy trying to get that done, but no luck. I don't have Guohua's login information for GoDaddy, so I can't get into the account to change the DNS settings.

I hope Gordi or Sol have that information so that someone can get in to change it and fix the site. I've sent them both e-mails about it. "

So I assume after the holidays things will get back to normal ??

posted on Dec, 25 2023 @ 11:39 PM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

When Guohua took down Hernando's Charles worked with GoDaddy techs until threethirty in the morning before they figured out she took the account-which was in her name-and applied it to RN. They were able to finally sell Charles the Hernando's domain name and get it going again.
Maybe whoever is at the top of RN can get GoDaddy to work their magic without her password when all the particulars are known?

posted on Dec, 26 2023 @ 01:53 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

sounds like someone told the provider to make the "Conspiracy site" go away.

posted on Dec, 26 2023 @ 02:46 AM
link   
I hope they get it sorted.

RN welcomed lots of ATS refugees without question when ATS was down once, DDOS attack or something if I remember correctly.

Its a good site, unfortunately I can't log in anymore as I lost my login details etc and I sent them an email and got no reply.

posted on Dec, 26 2023 @ 04:06 AM
link   
I heard it is because of a murder investigation?
But that's just gossip

posted on Dec, 26 2023 @ 04:42 AM
link   
I'm aware that this isn't the first time they've encountered issues with connectivity. Not sure about the frequency of such occurrences on other forums, but thinking about the early days of ATS, there were several instances of downtime, and each incident heightened the suspicions among the community lol .a reply to: TheMichiganSwampBuck

posted on Dec, 26 2023 @ 04:43 AM
link   
really thats crazy - where did u hear that? a reply to: GarbageCollector

posted on Dec, 26 2023 @ 05:00 AM
link   
I thought it was idle as the owner died?
Idle as in no new posts for some time now. Couple of years, can't remember exactly.

How is everyone always writing about RN as if it's still an active site?

Is it just me who didn't get new posts and the message about the owner?

For me it would be that it's gone because nobody is paying for it.

posted on Dec, 26 2023 @ 06:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Hecate666

Because it was , I hope they can sort out the problem RN is a pleasant oasis in a desert of despair.

posted on Dec, 26 2023 @ 06:09 AM
link   
Good morning!
Very early but trying to connect to their website with no success. It looks like it's down.

posted on Dec, 26 2023 @ 06:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

Because it was , I hope they can sort out the problem RN is a pleasant oasis in a desert of despair.

It's a decent site with plenty of information and conversations. I hope the problem is fixed as soon as possible.

posted on Dec, 26 2023 @ 06:53 AM
link   

Your probably going to the old site address? It has a new one that has been up and running for about a year now? PM me if you want the new one?

posted on Dec, 26 2023 @ 06:56 AM
link   
a reply to: chiefsmom

the new one is down, been down like MSB said about a week now.

posted on Dec, 26 2023 @ 07:03 AM
link   
When a site changes their IP address, the FQDN does not get immediately propagated to DNS servers and can take some time. Also, your local DNS cache also needs time to catch up.

If it is a DNS problem now that they have the correct domain name, then (in windows) Command Prompt, type "ipconfig /flushdns" which will cause your cache to update and send a resolve train to the DNS server that is local to the new IP address.

May be the problem.

posted on Dec, 26 2023 @ 07:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: chiefsmom

Your probably going to the old site address? It has a new one that has been up and running for about a year now? PM me if you want the new one?

The new one doesn't work at the moment. Have you tried to access the site?

posted on Dec, 26 2023 @ 08:00 AM
link   
a reply to: charlyv

i think it's the sever and MYBB that's been having the problem. last two times that's what's it's has been and you could still go to the rogue-nation 3. you can't go to rogue-nation 3 this time. they never shut down rogue-nation 3 access, it has a lnk to go to rogue nation there for people that didn't know about the new site.

it could be josiahpastor playing games again. he was is/was a member there to.

edit on 26-12-2023 by BernnieJGato because: (no reason given)

<<   2  3  4 >>

join