It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time does not progress in a linear fashion but circularly.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2023 @ 01:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Adlow75yo

Technically it would be everything is vibration.

With matter and energy being the same thing.

Depending on resonance/frequence.

If indeed we exist within an explosion, which is the universe, that started with a big bang.

But again its somewhat more complex than the above or "Everything is just light and sound. Time doesnt exist."

Time is an integral part of the universe. And the linear concept of time is tied to the concept of the ​second law of thermodynamics.

Space-time exists for all intent and purpose.

posted on Dec, 20 2023 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: ButterfliesAndPonies

Ile get back to it buddy im going for a bath, covered from head to toe in fecking pine needles.

Grrr.

posted on Dec, 20 2023 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Sound and fury I think. At least it feels that way, because fate seems rather, um, retarded.

"Life's a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury and signifying nothing."
Ol' Billy Shakespeare

posted on Dec, 20 2023 @ 03:09 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

To go a level deeper, what is vibration?

The tone of a musical note is determined by the frequency of the percieved binary between noise and silence, and the ratios between them.

Applied to quantum mechanics, it seems like a vibration would be the rate at which something is observed.
In other words, When I look at you, I'm not constantly observing you without fail, there are gaps between my focus and attention, because my consciousness isn't perfect.

Does that make sense?

Kind of a wordy way of saying we filter everything through our state of consciousness.

Could there be anything without lapses of attention? Could we observe anything as it truly is?
Does anything even have distinct qualities at all, or is it all just a wave function collapsed by our big dumb monkey hands?
edit on 20/12/23 by TheValeyard because: spelling

edit on 20/12/23 by TheValeyard because: spelling

posted on Dec, 20 2023 @ 03:19 PM
link   
a reply to: TheValeyard

I suppose Quantum mechanics is the ultimate level deeper considering the macro scale at which we exist.

And down there amongst the quantum foam time can apparently do a lot of strange things.

As to what constitutes vibration, definitions would seem to suggest "a back-and-forth motion of an object or a medium, often around a central point of equilibrium."

But if there ever was a central point to the universe I'm not sure if it's ever going to be found or even exists in the manner it may have in the beginning, if that makes any sense.

Its a head-scratcher that's for sure and a great question.

posted on Dec, 20 2023 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Yeah I'm not convinced there ever was an ultimate beginning, so, have to agree with that.

posted on Dec, 21 2023 @ 05:05 AM
link   
a reply to: TheValeyard

The tone of a musical note is determined by the frequency of the percieved binary between noise and silence, and the ratios between them.

I like that alot, it's an interesting way to look at it and I've never done it like that.

Reality as an interpretation of the frequency and ratios between everything and nothing... I'll have to ponder that some more...

posted on Dec, 21 2023 @ 05:45 AM
link   
a reply to: BrotherKinsMan

Hard to understand what time is.. as we dont know how to step outside its yoke to observe.. For all we know it might go backwards sometimes... we would never know..

posted on Dec, 21 2023 @ 07:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Terpene

Ever watch the old He-Man "Masters of the Universe" movie from the 80s?

There is a spinning, musical device called the "Cosmic Key."

Essentially a mystical and powerful artifact that has the ability to open portals to other dimensions or realities via producing unique musical tones/frequencies that serve as a key to unlocking these portals, which is why i brought it up.

Obviously, science fiction but for some reason it sprung to the front of my mind since we are talking about frequence, vibration and tone.
edit on 21-12-2023 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2023 @ 08:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheValeyard

Sound and fury I think. At least it feels that way, because fate seems rather, um, retarded.

"Life's a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury and signifying nothing."
Ol' Billy Shakespeare

Didn't Shakespeare steal that quote from Francis Bacon?

Honestly, I believe time is our construct.

As always, we don't understand something, so therefore we make up to explain it.

With different calendars in our world today, time is used to control the masses by fear...of death or other adverse effects.

posted on Dec, 21 2023 @ 08:52 AM
link   
a reply to: theatreboy

no offence but if you are on that level of thinking that the world is controlled by evil super-powerful all controling they:

step back
it's alright
some fresh air.
a walk.
you need a break.

just friendly advice from someone who has been there.

posted on Dec, 21 2023 @ 10:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: ButterfliesAndPonies
a reply to: theatreboy

no offence but if you are on that level of thinking that the world is controlled by evil super-powerful all controling they:

step back
it's alright
some fresh air.
a walk.
you need a break.

just friendly advice from someone who has been there.

No. The ruler is Lucifer, the bearer of light. The fallen one. He has blinded those in power with power and money.

Now, I don't think they know what they are doing. They are blinded. And I don't think they are lurking in the shadows at every turn.

posted on Dec, 21 2023 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Yeah science fiction i wouldn't be so sure... Now of course air molecules in movement aren't even remotely small enough to manipulate the fabric of reality but it serves as a well understood model to get some ideas about frequencies.
If you consider harmonics and resonance to be part of some fundamental rules of frequencies, then every frequency has the potential to influence another frequency, no matter on which scale they vibe...
It's well understood how sound can influence our minds... Now where the influencing happens is as far as I know still not completely understand... Is it the frequency of the sound, or that of the electromagnetic signal sent from your ear to your brain?
Another interesting question would be if the molecules atoms frequency in a Soundwave somehow are Harmonic with the air carrier wave...
the 80s was the time of kymatics, and Kirlian photograph blowing up.
I have yet to see that movie...

posted on Dec, 21 2023 @ 10:35 AM
link   

No offense but some people can handle the truth and some can't... For the latter your advice is gold...

posted on Dec, 21 2023 @ 11:55 AM
link   

no because if that (to those extreme lengths people imagine it to be possible) would be true: obsessing over it wouldn't help. There are forces that can't be fought even if they make you uncomfortable and they can control you without you knowing, but you can't really control them. Or as in our case say anything with any satisfying degree of certainty about them other than:
they might be real. There's some weird stuff happening.

You're only kind of sensible strategy would be to be:
just
SO. CUTE.
AND FUNNY!
so they maybe think: meh it doesn't cost that much maybe I keep one alive for at home?

For anything about them to be obtainable for us to know about them their tech and whatnot they would have to give us a lot more access to their existence, ergo:
intelligence is the only startegy that makes sense.

Put something nice on, tell a few jokes and make sure people are entertained, from as far as I can tell that is actually kind of working.

But arrrrgh they are enemy
it's not a cool look across a potential opponent who might or might not but is certainly appearing pretty #ing basically omnipotent.
I mean if everything is planned and surprisingly happening according to plan: that would indeed be:
a marvel to behold

like a never ending Christmas miracle
lol

posted on Dec, 21 2023 @ 02:31 PM
link   

The funny thing with their omnipotence is that it basically ends where you decide.
now of course if you're reality is bound by your perception your boundaries might be very limited in the scope of reality itself which might apear as if your boundaries can be broken, but they can't. You just have to be more omnipotent than them...

Imagine you have a pristine lake and you hold complete authority over it.
all you consider relevant to your reality is the lake and its shores and it's what you keep clean and under close protection.
If you are unaware of the stream feeding the lake and don't consider it part of your ecosystem, anyone who does can easily poison your whole lake...
They are not omnipotent we are just impotent...

posted on Dec, 22 2023 @ 12:46 AM
link   

no dude, not like that. Me and others have had actual experiences where your body doesn't do what you want it to.
I am also not convinced free will is actually a thing.
You can imagine you have total control, but from my experience it will take not much time and the universe will laugh at your arrogance.

also:

edit on 22-12-2023 by ButterfliesAndPonies because: joke has been added

posted on Dec, 22 2023 @ 02:30 AM
link   

Me and the universe laugh together regularly, threads like these are our main comical inspiration...

Then there are the critters, they are not cool and they like humam especially the ignorant ones. Religion was their doing, so don't expect religion to give you any valuable tools against them... Use physics!

I know what they can do. But that's only because you don't even control your body... They enter from the bottom and once they reach your head you're a puppet.

But trust me you can expand your field of influence far beyond your body and push them even out of most other humans when they enter your vicinity. They are critter!

My arrogance is either you not being happy about me taking away power from your handlers or my arrogance is just your ignorance...

posted on Dec, 22 2023 @ 02:36 AM
link   

what I consider 'your arrogance' is that you constantly try to tell me what to do.

Use physics!

I don't respond well when strangers use the imperative to talk to others. Especially since you have not once said anything that was in any way convincing, just your opinion. So I'd say your arrogance is imperative + your ignorance.

What if the universe is in reality a really old alien infinitly swinging between menstruation (cramp-ed into singularity) and menopause (the big freeze)
How does that make you feel?
Or to put it in Zuckerberg's words: Hot? Or not?

edit on 22-12-2023 by ButterfliesAndPonies because: lost a r

posted on Dec, 22 2023 @ 03:36 AM
link   

You poor thing, hope you'll get over it that somone made a suggestion online to you with an exclamation mark at the end... A thicker skin would already make them less potent... But some are happy with impotency, they don't want any responsibility whatsoever. Let me guess you have no kids...

Oh well there you go loosing the plot again... Whatever makes you feel good, hot or not.... I don't care.

It's all subjective anyway, there is no objective truth to it that could be shared like we share other truths, unless you can listen beyond the limited concepts our language allow us to comunicate with... Then maybe you'd realize that everyone is basically talking about the same but with such big discrepancy and yet such great compassion that it should anyone that didnt fall for either of their traps make your head scratch.
Some almost scratch a hole into their heads before they kinda give in to any one teachings that resonates and basically give away their intrinsic authority over the phenomenon.

Then you become impotent and they become omnipotent.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join