It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Joe Rogan Uses Drugs & Owns Guns

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2023 @ 08:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
a reply to: BehindYou

The law is to antiquated on this issue.

It’s too broadly defined when the scope is obvious, people possessing guns in the sale of drugs (which is one of the leading causes of gun crime).

Like almost any other crime, I’d like to see intent be a factor in prosecution.

Are you a well off individual who lives a balanced life with no clear intent to commit crimes? And I don’t even mean well off as rich, I just mean is it obvious someone makes an effort at having their life in order.

If you’re not involved in drug trafficking, I don’t see how smoking weed is any different than drinking. In fact, if we took out trafficking of weed, I’d be hard pressed to learn more people use a weapon while under the influence of weed than alcohol.

These laws shouldn’t be arbitrary, they should be thoughtful.

I completely agree, but currently, the law is as is and until it's changed, it will be this way. But the good news in all this, is that Hunter's lawyers are arguing the case for all of us, so that the law will have to be changed, or he will be guilty and serve some time. So something good might come from a Biden. Whodathunkit.

posted on Dec, 12 2023 @ 08:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified

Hunter Biden IS a criminal, but not because he owns a gun and uses drugs. The second amendment says nothing about drug use. It says "shall not be infringed".

He should never have been charged for the gun to start with, but they were trying to get him off easy and sweep his other crimes under the rug. It didn't work.

So yes, clear him of the gun charges and try him for his real crimes.

This isn’t a debate on what should be law , it’s about the question on the Federal background check that asks if you use drugs YES OR NO .
Joe Rogan obviously is a liar & breaker of Federal law just like Hunter , but one is doing podcast & the other is facing a possible 5 year prison sentence for it ?

posted on Dec, 12 2023 @ 08:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

It’s too broadly defined when the scope is obvious, people possessing guns in the sale of drugs (which is one of the leading causes of gun crime).

Are you a well off individual who lives a balanced life with no clear intent to commit crimes? And I don’t even mean well off as rich, I just mean is it obvious someone makes an effort at having their life in order.

If you’re not involved in drug trafficking, I don’t see how smoking weed is any different than drinking. In fact, if we took out trafficking of weed, I’d be hard pressed to learn more people use a weapon while under the influence of weed than alcohol.

I completely agree, but currently, the law is as is and until it's changed, it will be this way. But the good news in all this, is that Hunter's lawyers are arguing the case for all of us, so that the law will have to be changed, or he will be guilty and serve some time. So something good might come from a Biden. Whodathunkit.
I agree with you , but Joe Rogan needs to be charged right along with Kid Rock for the same reasons

posted on Dec, 12 2023 @ 08:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: BehindYou

originally posted by: TzarChasm

originally posted by: Lichter daraus

Yeah well, Joe Rogan also isn't the presidents son.

Peace.

As I was just reading in another topic, all US laws apply to all US citizens.
Unless it’s someone on your political side.
Most here on ATS want Hunter Biden put in prison for lying on his Federal background check about drug use , but as you can see are already making excuses for right leaning Joe Rogan

I want him to be judged by the same laws I or anyone else is subject to. If he's found guilty of a crime, then he should be punished. Just like I or anyone else would be.

And just so you know, this argument goes much farther if it's not political. Sure your side sucks, but that's not the point. (see, that little snip didn't change anything about the topic)

When making an argument like this, let the facts speak for themselves.

posted on Dec, 12 2023 @ 08:15 AM
link   

this is actually a good argument. Other than Joe Rogan being conservative that is.
Exactly 👍
I believe Hunter needs to be put in prison for many reasons , but the most listened to person on Earth is Joe Rogan & he is on video smoking weed , admitting to various drug use as well he owns guns & admits to owning guns ?
Im very confused.
For the record , I don’t think cannabis use should infringe on anyone’s 2A rights period.

posted on Dec, 12 2023 @ 08:17 AM
link   
License to carry?? That's horrible.

link   

originally posted by: Boogerpicker

Oh, is the question whether or not you've ever used drugs or is the question whether or not you are a drug addict? It would be pretty difficult to prove you're addicted to shrooms or dmt lol, or anything really... unless you were dumb enough to admit it in a memoir no one asked for. Next.

It asks both very clearly on the Federal gun background check. Do you use & or addicted to weed or other drugs .

link   

I agree with you , but Joe Rogan needs to be charged right along with Kid Rock for the same reasons

are you just wanting to go after those on the right or seemingly on the right to justify your lust for political justice?

This is a topic that should be out in the open and discussed so the laws can be changed to fit the times. But if it's just another political cudgel, it's largely pointless. In order for Kid Rock or Joe Rogan to be charged, there needs to be a prosecutor to take the case, and charge them. So far, that hasn't happened. And if and when it does, I suspect the laws will be looked at much deeper. But remember, Hunter's lawyers are already riding this train.

posted on Dec, 12 2023 @ 08:19 AM
link   

On November 14, 2016, the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (“ATF”) announced changes to Form 4473 – the form that federal law requires any transferee to complete before acquiring a firearm from a licensed dealer. Question 11.e on Form 4473 asks the purchaser: “Are you an unlawful user of, or addicted to, marijuana or any depressant, stimulant, narcotic drug, or any other controlled substance?” Among the changes, which will go into effect on January 16, 2017, is bold lettering warning potential transferees that “the use or possession of marijuana remains unlawful under Federal law regardless of whether it has been legalized or decriminalized for medical or recreational purposes in the state where you reside.”

fedsoc.org...

Based on the wording, an argument could be made that because Joe Rogan admitted to using drugs in a public way, that he sets himself up for the same charges Hunter is facing. It's not a (who you like) kind of rule, it's just the law. Should it be changed? Obviously, due to how MJ and even shrooms have been legalized in some states. It's time for the federal government to stop the classification of MJ as a schedule 1 drug. (IMHO)
Absolutely 👍

posted on Dec, 12 2023 @ 08:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified

Hunter Biden IS a criminal, but not because he owns a gun and uses drugs. The second amendment says nothing about drug use. It says "shall not be infringed".

He should never have been charged for the gun to start with, but they were trying to get him off easy and sweep his other crimes under the rug. It didn't work.

So yes, clear him of the gun charges and try him for his real crimes.

This isn’t a debate on what should be law , it’s about the question on the Federal background check that asks if you use drugs YES OR NO .
Joe Rogan obviously is a liar & breaker of Federal law just like Hunter , but one is doing podcast & the other is facing a possible 5 year prison sentence for it ?

You missed my ETA, but that's okay, I added it minutes later.

I understand the present law. Your argument is good from that perspective.

I just don't think Hunter OR Joe should be charged for gun possession based on their drug use, constitutionally, but that is an argument for another thread.

posted on Dec, 12 2023 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Do you have any proof that he actually owns, or has purchased, any guns?

You can still use and posses firearms in the state of Texas, you just can't OWN them.

"Who is prohibited from possessing a firearm in Texas?

Under federal law, people are generally prohibited from possessing firearms if they have been convicted of a felony or some domestic violence misdemeanors, or if they are subject to certain court orders related to domestic violence or a serious mental condition."
edit on 12-12-2023 by PorkChop96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2023 @ 08:22 AM
link   

To own a gun in America, you need to answer questions about drug use on a Federal form .

To buy a gun from a licensed dealer you need to answer a question on a Federal form.

I don't know how he got his guns. And I don't know what he smokes on podcasts. And I don't know if he is telling the truth about what he actually does or claims to do.

Somebody above my pay grade would have to find these things out before Rogan could get dinged.
edit on 12-12-2023 by FullHeathen because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2023 @ 08:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm

originally posted by: Lichter daraus

Yeah well, Joe Rogan also isn't the presidents son.

Peace.

As I was just reading in another topic, all US laws apply to all US citizens.
Unless it’s someone on your political side.
Most here on ATS want Hunter Biden put in prison for lying on his Federal background check about drug use , but as you can see are already making excuses for right leaning Joe Rogan

To me this has nothing to do with politics.

It’s apples and oranges on the two case studies.

You think a Texas DA is going to find the initiative on this one, or a federal prosecutor opening up the door to a can of worms that could loosen restrictions?

It’s not politics, it’s comparing a drug no one is willing to die on a hill over to one that’s societally accepted as a soft drug with most states changing legislation to medical, decriminalization, or outright legal.

If we really wanted to split hairs on the laws, the way drugs are scheduled are- is it addictive, does it have medical use, and its risk for abuse. Alcohol, nicotine, and caffeine fit the above criteria more than weed, it just so happens weed was criminalized because of politics which is being unwound now.

posted on Dec, 12 2023 @ 08:25 AM
link   

are you just wanting to go after those on the right or seemingly on the right to justify your lust for political justice?

This is a topic that should be out in the open and discussed so the laws can be changed to fit the times. But if it's just another political cudgel, it's largely pointless. In order for Kid Rock or Joe Rogan to be charged, there needs to be a prosecutor to take the case, and charge them. So far, that hasn't happened. And if and when it does, I suspect the laws will be looked at much deeper. But remember, Hunter's lawyers are already riding this train.
Left & Right both need accountability.
Im a classic liberal , so to most that puts me in the middle.
There are many here on ATS who love Rogan , but blow past his self incriminating use of drugs , admitting of drug use & purchasing/owning guns , yet those sane ATS members rant & rave about how horrible Hunter Biden is for doing the same .
Im sick of people both on the right & left ignoring laws over right & wrong over their personal politics.
That’s a huge reason America is a mess right now.
Im just curious as to how conservatives give Rogan a pass but not Hunter ?

posted on Dec, 12 2023 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Maybe you should call and report Rogan?

Bottom line is weed needs to be removed from Schedule 1 by the Feds.
It’s crazy they keep it in the same category as heroin, meth, '___' etc.

Until then, the law is the law.
If anyone lies about it to obtain a gun, fry their ass.

posted on Dec, 12 2023 @ 08:34 AM
link   

I commend you on the argument, as I stated, it's valid in my opinion. But it's one that should exist regardless of political affiliation. (kind of the entire point you made) Hypocrisy should be pointed out, I say that even when I find myself being the hypocrite. It's the only way to be consistent and truthful.

But as for the "pass", it's not up to any of us, it's up to a prosecutor that would want to take up the case. As has been floated, this charge on Hunter seems to have been a calculated risk as part of the sweetheart plea deal that was previously set up. If you look at all the events, that looks like the most logical answer.

posted on Dec, 12 2023 @ 08:35 AM
link   
You don't sound classic liberal, but I'll take your word for it.

Im just curious as to how conservatives give Rogan a pass but not Hunter ?

In case you haven't noticed, there are conservatives in this thread agreeing with your OP, me included, but if you keep running it into the ground, we're going to see your point as strictly political motivation instead of applying the law fairly across the board.

Did it ever cross your mind that not everyone knows about Joe's drug use just because they know his name? You have made the point and now those folks know. Pat yourself on the back. Good job!

Now, find me any thread where liberals are as willing to agree with a conservative when they make a good point. Just kidding, there aren't any.

edit on 12/12/2023 by Klassified because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2023 @ 08:36 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

I was just looking this up but don't really have time to dekve much more.
But a Marijuana TAX stamp I believe makes one immune to CCP rules and regulations.
That TAX stamp is expensive for the average Joe....that was good!
I believe it is intended for grower and distribution of that herb.
I imagine that is how he gets away with all that.

posted on Dec, 12 2023 @ 08:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: FullHeathen

To own a gun in America, you need to answer questions about drug use on a Federal form .

To buy a gun from a licensed dealer you need to answer a question on a Federal form.

I don't know how he got his guns. And I don't know what he smokes on podcasts. And I don't know if he is telling the truth about what he actually does or claims to do.

Somebody above my pay grade would have to find these things out before Rogan could get dinged.
Your same logic can be applied to Hunter Biden .

posted on Dec, 12 2023 @ 08:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: FullHeathen

Your same logic can be applied to Hunter Biden’s case . I see this topic is making you uncomfortable via my bullet proof logic.
If Hunter is guilty via admitting to drug use , then so is Rogan in regards to both their gun ownership

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join