It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Republican Speaker of the House Mike Johnson is a Young Earth Creationist

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2023 @ 07:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
a reply to: Jane1B

I suppose you have to put it all in perspective when you have people who think a dude can put on a dress and chop off his dick and become a woman, having a guy believe Dinosaurs are a myth (like Antifa) isn't too far out of the realm. But as my signature states, some members here think that soon, a man will be able to have a baby. If that's not crazy, I'm afraid you will have to define the word.

I think the people you're talking about are intellectually dishonest and they know a man can never turn into a woman. That's very different to people who actually believe earth is a few thousand years old.

posted on Dec, 11 2023 @ 07:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: AMrLogic

I suppose you have to put it all in perspective when you have people who think a dude can put on a dress and chop off his dick and become a woman, having a guy believe Dinosaurs are a myth (like Antifa) isn't too far out of the realm. But as my signature states, some members here think that soon, a man will be able to have a baby. If that's not crazy, I'm afraid you will have to define the word.

I think the people you're talking about are intellectually dishonest and they know a man can never turn into a woman. That's very different to people who actually believe earth is a few thousand years old.

I think that they say and appear to believe exactly what I stated. Until they come out and explain they were just kidding and everyone knows the Tranny movement is a joke, I kind of have to believe them. Now if you have some evidence, I'm all ears.

eta:
and welcome to ATS.
edit on 11-12-2023 by network dude because: Beto, what a stupid name

posted on Dec, 11 2023 @ 07:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jane1B
Can you imagine what is to have lawmakers who firmly believe the only legitimate source of policy is the Bible?!?!

He's a Dominionist. That's what they believe. That it's inevitable that the USA will be fundamentalist christian from sea to shining sea, and that it will lead the world to conversion to fundamentalist Christianity. It's the same kind of thing the Muslims believe about Islam, but the Dominionists aren't violent rapists and murderers.
edit on 12/11/2023 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2023 @ 07:42 AM
link   
a reply to: AMrLogic

Science isn't dogmatic by definition. Some of the scientists can be religious and dogmatic on some occasions which may result in bad science...

We can agree on this. In fact, it happens all too often.

...but the pont is the speaker of the house is a nutcase.

May be, but as I noted in my first post, "the world is full of whacky beliefs". What makes Johnson any more insane or worthy of ridicule than a Muslim leader who thinks the world is flat and he's going to get 72 virgins when he dies, especially if he dies fighting the infidels? Note, we have a few of these people in government in this country.

Or how about the numerous Catholics in government who think they're eating the body of Christ and drinking his blood in communion?

Mitt Romney is a Mormon. Do I even need to explain that one?

And these are NOT all republicans. There are plenty of Christian, Muslim, Jewish, Hindu, etc democrats in government.

Picking on Mike Johnson for his creationist beliefs is a cheap shot, and honestly, hypocritical.

edit on 12/11/2023 by Klassified because: wording

posted on Dec, 11 2023 @ 08:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

This thread has a built in litmus test for determining the dogmatic religious tendencies of the posters.

If you cannot explain what a woman is without using the word"woman" in the definition in explaining your belief you are a fanatic, dogmatic religious nut and unable to legitimately discuss others religious views as important qualifiers for public service and representation.
There is a serious flaw in deductive reasoning in all those that seek to disqualify a person based upon religion and dogmatic beliefs if you cannot easily, clearly and succinctly describe in definitive terms what a woman is.
Never in the history of the world, whether it be 6billion years or 6000 years, has entire groups of religious fanatics believed so dogmaticly that they cannot describe what a woman is without circular logic in attempts to protect dogmatism in that religion.

The Trans movement is pure unadulterated religion that dominated most of the earth 2000 years ago in worship of Asherah.
These religious fanatics are so dogmatic they do not even know what a woman is.
And yet they actually believe they can judge others.
"If there is a speck in your brothers eye, remove the log sticking out from your forehead first before you attempt to remove the speck so as not to harm them in doing so"

posted on Dec, 11 2023 @ 08:16 AM
link   
He's basically the Republican version of AOC.

It is entertaining to watch the republican party force it's base to rally around nobody's. Only for that nobody to be rejected by ultra MAGAS.

*me wondering when Republicans will realize they've been disenfranchised*
edit on 11-12-2023 by JAY1980 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2023 @ 08:24 AM
link   
The earth was not created 6,000 years ago, the earth existed before the 7 days of creation: "the earth hath existed waste and void" Genesis 1:2

Also, when creation is taking place, all the things that God creates are created in their matured form. Adam was technically 1 day old after creation but he had the body of a mature adult male. The mature aspects of the earth would have been the same.

With that being said, there is vast evidence that the evolutionary timelines that we are taught in school are incorrect:

1) rocks don't take millions of years to form. The formation of bricks shows that sedimentary rock can form very quickly. The largest stalactite known on earth, according to empirical data on stalactite growth, could be merely 900 years old (link). A WWII jet found beneath 300 ft of ice in Greenland calibrates the ice caps to being only thousands of years old.

2) soft tissue is found in dinosaur bones consistently. These soft tissues were carbon-dated to less than 40,000 years old. Our ancestors all around the world depicted living in their art the various dinosaurs that we know of today. (source)
edit on 11-12-2023 by cooperton because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2023 @ 08:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: theatreboy
I am not a YEC, but I am inclined to believe that over evolution.

There are plenty of reasons, and some good proof.

Rocks that formed in the 80s after Mt St Helen's erupted, has been carbon dated to millions of years old, but it was formed after the eruption..

I love the theories that are believed in this day.

Belief in God is laughed at, but people will believe a bunch of random things happened and here we are.

Or we live in a simulation...but believing in a creator is a sign of ignorance.

You think there is evidence for intelligent design and the earth is a few thousand years old? Where do you base your beliefs?

posted on Dec, 11 2023 @ 08:47 AM
link   

I think that they say and appear to believe exactly what I stated. Until they come out and explain they were just kidding and everyone knows the Tranny movement is a joke, I kind of have to believe them. Now if you have some evidence, I'm all ears.

eta:
and welcome to ATS.

I am not saying anything different because it is a joke but I don't think anyone believes in gender transformation. They accept gender is different from biological sex so they know you can't change your sex.

On the other hand the beliefs of these republican christians are coming directly from their beliefs in christianity and the bible.

edit on 11-12-2023 by AMrLogic because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2023 @ 08:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: cooperton
2) soft tissue is found in dinosaur bones consistently. These soft tissues were carbon-dated to less than 40,000 years old.

That was easily explained and the notion that Dinos were here 40,000 years ago has been debunked.

Live Science
What The Evidence Says

posted on Dec, 11 2023 @ 08:51 AM
link   

You think there is evidence for intelligent design

The laws of nature are precise to a razor's edge to allow the existence of all matter, and the biological organisms that inhabit this planet which so happens to be orbiting at the goldi-locks zone of existence. If any of the laws of physics were to stop perpetuating as they normally do, all matter would cease to exist as we know it and ruin the entirety of life. I could go on and on, but the mathematical precision of physics alone shows this is clearly an intelligently contrived construct.

posted on Dec, 11 2023 @ 08:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified

Science isn't dogmatic by definition. Some of the scientists can be religious and dogmatic on some occasions which may result in bad science...

We can agree on this. In fact, it happens all too often.

...but the pont is the speaker of the house is a nutcase.

May be, but as I noted in my first post, "the world is full of whacky beliefs". What makes Johnson any more insane or worthy of ridicule than a Muslim leader who thinks the world is flat and he's going to get 72 virgins when he dies, especially if he dies fighting the infidels? Note, we have a few of these people in government in this country.

Or how about the numerous Catholics in government who think they're eating the body of Christ and drinking his blood in communion?

Mitt Romney is a Mormon. Do I even need to explain that one?

And these are NOT all republicans. There are plenty of Christian, Muslim, Jewish, Hindu, etc democrats in government.

Picking on Mike Johnson for his creationist beliefs is a cheap shot, and honestly, hypocritical.

Muslims can believe whatever the want just like christians do but it doesn't make their beliefs true.

From my experience it's usually the christian branch of the republican party that holds these views among christians and among conservatives.

posted on Dec, 11 2023 @ 08:59 AM
link   

You think there is evidence for intelligent design

The laws of nature are precise to a razor's edge to allow the existence of all matter, and the biological organisms that inhabit this planet which so happens to be orbiting at the goldi-locks zone of existence. If any of the laws of physics were to stop perpetuating as they normally do, all matter would cease to exist as we know it and ruin the entirety of life. I could go on and on, but the mathematical precision of physics alone shows this is clearly an intelligently contrived construct.

The laws of physics don't show any sign of intelligent design.

posted on Dec, 11 2023 @ 09:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

That was easily explained and the notion that Dinos were here 40,000 years ago has been debunked.

Live Science
What The Evidence Says

Say it in your own words I'm not gonna go fish. Soft tissue does not last for millions of years. There's no empirical explanation for it lasting longer in what is now known to be common in dinosaur bones. This was not due to special preservation conditions, now that scientists know where to look, they are realizing it is a common occurrence. "Iron" does not magically persist soft tissue for millions of years. The half life of DNA is 521 years, yet they still find DNA in dinosaur bones as well.

You think physics perpetuate unintelligently? No way. If physics were perpetuating without intelligible input, the laws would be nonsense, rather than consistent and purposeful.

posted on Dec, 11 2023 @ 09:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

Live Science
What The Evidence Says

Say it in your own words I'm not gonna go fish. Soft tissue does not last for millions of years. There's no empirical explanation for it lasting longer in what is now known to be common in dinosaur bones. "Iron" does not magically persist soft tissue for millions of years. The half life of DNA is 521 years, yet they still find DNA in dinosaur bones as well.

You think physics perpetuate according to unintelligence?

I just don't see any intelligent design and there is no talk in any physics lessons of a supreme being behind the scenes.

posted on Dec, 11 2023 @ 09:09 AM
link   

I just don't see any intelligent design and there is no talk in any physics lessons of a supreme being behind the scenes.

What would constitute evidence of intelligence for you?

micromolecular motors are found in all biological organisms (ATP synthase), the mitochondria is like a hydrogen fuel cell generator, the heart is like a pump that can work non-stop for over 100 years, we have 800,000 miles of neural circuitry compacted into our brains to allow rationality and emotions. The world that we inhabit is allowed to persist by precise physical laws that allow the consistent existence of matter. Water literally falls from the sky to feed the plants which feed us, and then the excrement of animals fertilizes that plants that fed us. we breathe in what plants breathe out. It's quite astonishing.

posted on Dec, 11 2023 @ 09:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: sine.nomine
Quick question: who cares?

Exactly. I think it is a silly belief, but so what...

Elizabeth Warren thinks she's native American. There. There's another random fact.

I'm much, much more concerned about people like Hank Johnson, who believe that Guam will tip over if too many people live on one side of the island.

Rotflmao!

posted on Dec, 11 2023 @ 09:25 AM
link   

What would constitute evidence of intelligence for you?

micromolecular motors are found in all biological organisms (ATP synthase), the mitochondria is like a hydrogen fuel cell generator, the heart is like a pump that can work non-stop for over 100 years, we have 800,000 miles of neural circuitry compacted into our brains to allow rationality and emotions. The world that we inhabit is allowed to persist by precise physical laws that allow the consistent existence of matter. Water literally falls from the sky to feed the plants which feed us, and then the excrement of animals fertilizes that plants that fed us. we breathe in what plants breathe out. It's quite astonishing.

You describe physical and chemical processes and not an intelligent being.

Our world wasn't always like this.
The planet was hostile to life for most its existence and will be hostile to life in the future when conditions change.

posted on Dec, 11 2023 @ 09:29 AM
link   

You describe physical and chemical processes and not an intelligent being.

I am describing intelligent physical and chemical processes, not the Being that designed it.

The planet was hostile to life for most its existence and will be hostile to life in the future when conditions change.

What's the empirical evidence to show this? You'd be surprised at how much scientists just completely guess with these sorts of statements.

posted on Dec, 11 2023 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Faith is what makes God real. If you have it, he is. If you don't, he's not. But the one thing that none of us can get away from, is we are going to die eventually, and when we do, we get to find the answer to that question. But just as you can't prove there is no God, you can't prove there is, you have have to believe. And if you don't, that's fine. But if you don't want folks preaching to you, then you might not want to bash their beliefs either. That way everyone can just get along.

And if someone in power does something overtly religious and threatens the views of those who aren't, there are plenty of Atheist's to speak up.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join