It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Republican Speaker of the House Mike Johnson is a Young Earth Creationist

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2023 @ 09:27 PM
link   

New House Speaker Thinks Creationist Museum Is 'Pointing People To The Truth'

An ark replica with dinosaurs "is one way to bring people to this recognition ... that what we read in the Bible are actual historical events,” Mike Johnson said.

Before arriving in Washington less than a decade ago, House Speaker Mike Johnson, a deeply religious Christian, was a legal crusader associated with a fringe evangelical movement called “young Earth creationism,” based on a literal reading of the Bible’s Book of Genesis that posits the Earth is only several thousand years old.

www.huffpost.com...

What a great surprise!

The Speaker of the House holds the belief that Earth was created between 6,000 and 10,000 years ago and that humans lived alongside dinosaurs. The creationist museum will show people what the truth is.

Mr Johnson believes the Bible describes actual historical events and because it's the word of God therefore it's the only truth and hence the sole legitimate source of public policy.

Anyone can guess his views on abortion. He wants to ban abortion nationwide and no matter the circumstances abortion must become illegal. He has compared abortion to an American Holocaust.

Mr Johnson likes to entertain conspiracy theories and that's for sure. He is a firm believer of Trump's claims the 2020 election was stolen, there was widespread election fraud and voting machines were rigged.

But there is more. Links provided for reading.

www.theguardian.com...

www.theguardian.com...

www.theguardian.com...

edit on 10-12-2023 by Jane1B because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2023 @ 09:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Jane1B

So you’re here to demonize and belittle anyone that may believe in a higher power than self but doesn’t agree with the timeline? Got it. You’re so predictable

You’re conflating two different subjects entirely.
edit on 10-12-2023 by KrustyKrab because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2023 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Young Earth Creationism

en.wikipedia.org...

Young Earth creationism (YEC) is a form of creationism which holds as a central tenet that the Earth and its lifeforms were created by supernatural acts of the Abrahamic God between about 6,000 and 10,000 years ago. In its most widespread version, YEC is based on the religious belief in the inerrancy of certain literal interpretations of the Book of Genesis. Its primary adherents are Christians and Jews who believe that God created the Earth in six literal days.

posted on Dec, 10 2023 @ 09:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: KrustyKrab

So you’re here to demonize and belittle anyone that may believe in a higher power than self but doesn’t agree with the timeline? Got it. You’re so predictable

What does belief in a "higher power" have to do with throwing away scientific rigor and logic?

posted on Dec, 10 2023 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Can you imagine what is to have lawmakers who firmly believe the only legitimate source of policy is the Bible?!?!

Seems he wants the US to become a nice Theocracy or a Biblical Republic as he stated back in 2016.

I wonder which of the testaments is his favourite? The old or the new?

posted on Dec, 10 2023 @ 10:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

What does belief in a "higher power" have to do with throwing away scientific rigor and logic?

I just told you, pay attention.

posted on Dec, 10 2023 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Figure it out

posted on Dec, 10 2023 @ 10:09 PM
link   

I was wondering if anyone REALLY believed the Earth was only10,000 years old. What books teach this? I want to see their rationale.

(post by Vermilion removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Dec, 10 2023 @ 10:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeMustCare

I was wondering if anyone REALLY believed the Earth was only10,000 years old. What books teach this? I want to see their rationale.

There are people who believe it. They even believe there is an invisible old man in the skies looking after us.

posted on Dec, 10 2023 @ 10:14 PM
link   
a reply to: KrustyKrab

I just told you, pay attention.

Maybe you think you did. You might even believe you did. But you did not.

Figure it out

Oh, I think that's exactly the opposite of you want folks to do; figure it out. That means doing and showing one's work, so that it can be duplicated. That's not in your wheelhouse.

posted on Dec, 10 2023 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Can you imagine

We don't have to imagine Jane, this is the mental reality we are faced with. An old story that is as great a mind trap as any ever written.

posted on Dec, 10 2023 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Quick question: who cares?

Elizabeth Warren thinks she's native American. There. There's another random fact.

ETA: there are so many theories regarding the nature of existence. Young Earth is middle of the road in the grand scheme of insane theories. Hell, our history books taught in schools are pretty dumb to believe.
edit on 10-12-2023 by sine.nomine because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2023 @ 10:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vermilion
POST REMOVED BY STAFF

He also hears voices, who he believes is "God's" voice: Mike Johnson Compares Himself to Moses and Claims His Rise to House Speaker Was a 'Red Sea Moment' From God
edit on 2020232023k20America/Chicago2023-12-10T22:20:20-06:0010pm2023-12-10T22:20:20-06:00 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

edit on Sun Dec 10 2023 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2023 @ 10:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Maybe there are two Moses equivalents in our midst?

Donald John Trump has been equated with Moses in several ways: www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 10 2023 @ 10:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vermilion

This gentleman from Louisiana believes in only two genders.
Seems pretty sciency to me. 👍

I wonder how many genders his detractors believe there are.
Is the count up over 100 yet?

He also hears voices, who he believes is "God's" voice: Mike Johnson Compares Himself to Moses and Claims His Rise to House Speaker Was a 'Red Sea Moment' From God

It's rather concerning not to say terrifying the speaker of the house hears voices he believes are coming from God......

posted on Dec, 10 2023 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Initial i

originally posted by: Jane1B

Can you imagine what is to have lawmakers who firmly believe the only legitimate source of policy is the Bible?!?!

Seems he wants the US to become a nice Theocracy or a Biblical Republic as he stated back in 2016.

I wonder which of the testaments is his favourite? The old or the new?

Honestly dude.
That sounds scary.
A house of horrors it is.
Lord have mercy they are going to try and turn our kids into virgins.
Quick, bring on the Trans to read and entertain the kids before they hear something about morals.
Haven't we got that new Bible yet?
You know, the one up to date with all the correct pronouns.

Lord have mercy, what about the kids.
What about the kids?

This is a call to arms.
We cannot have this.

If we let this happen the next thing you know they will start back up the Boy Scouts and....and...and, THEY WILL ONLY ALLOW BOYS.

We must organize.
What can we cancel?

posted on Dec, 10 2023 @ 10:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: BingoMcGoof

Can you imagine

We don't have to imagine Jane, this is the mental reality we are faced with. An old story that is as great a mind trap as any ever written.

I too find it very difficult to understand why this particular story is so special.

posted on Dec, 10 2023 @ 10:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeMustCare
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Maybe there are two Moses equivalents in our midst?

Donald John Trump has been equated with Moses in several ways: www.abovetopsecret.com...

I know right? Mike should have stuck with his original thought; That he was meant to be Aaron, to Trump's Moses. Maybe he can still walk it back!

posted on Dec, 10 2023 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Because it is the mind trap that fostered Western Civilization.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join