It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Study Shows Children of Conservative Parents Have Best Mental Health

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2023 @ 06:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified
a reply to: Jane1B

Agree on what some left wing parents say and do. But does this change the nonsense taught by right wing christians?

My opinion on religion is well known by older members here, but that opinion has come to include the religiosity and proselytizing by the churches of consensus science and political extremism. They are at least as much "nonsense", if not more so than believing in Santa Claus and/or Jesus.

What I fail to understand is why the left jumps to the defense of a religion and its adherents that are the most militant and fanatically dangerous group on the planet. A group whose goal is to turn the world into a theocracy and murder anyone who does not adhere to their doctrines in the name of Allah. And it is precisely those who support them in the Western world they wish to murder. SMH

A different argument and discussion about a different topic. And your assessment isn't correct.

posted on Dec, 10 2023 @ 06:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vermilion
Do you agree that children raised in a two parent household are much better off?

Do you agree that conservatives raise their children in two parent households are a much higher percentage than non conservatives?

Depends on the circumstances and how good and adequate are the parents.

Depends again on the types of conservative parents. Because some of them teach their kids flat earth theories, the world is 5,000 years old, the Bible as factual information and the lord who is waiting for us (without the virgins scenario).

posted on Dec, 10 2023 @ 06:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

PM4U

posted on Dec, 10 2023 @ 06:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Jane1B

A different argument and discussion about a different topic. And your assessment isn't correct.

Neither is yours, but I want to clarify something...

I have no idea what your beliefs are, but if you are atheist, you know there is no way to prove or disprove the existence of God or gods. Atheists lack belief because there is a lack of evidence. That said, there could be a God or gods, and whose to say that religious people aren't wrong about that much. I personally believe that IF such an entity exists, no earthly religion represents it, neither can any religion represent it.

My point being, freedom of religion is a right in this country, and one that should NEVER be taken away. Not because any of us are right or wrong, but simply because none of us can prove it either way. This is why I believe religious people have a right to raise their children in their faith as long as it does not infringe my right and freedom not to.

The lefts campaign to stamp out the rights and liberties of many people in this country and force their own woke religion and doctrines on the masses undermines the very fabric of our society, and that is one big reason children who are raised by conservative parents, religious or not, will more often than not have a better and more balanced life, because they have a more traditional upbringing.

That is all.
edit on 12/10/2023 by Klassified because: corrections

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join