It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Study Shows Children of Conservative Parents Have Best Mental Health

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2023 @ 11:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified

originally posted by: quintessentone

originally posted by: FlyersFan
a reply to: Klassified

The key is a two parent household. When you have two well behaved parents, which conservative values tend to lean toward, you have kids who come out better than the liberals who think being a single parent is just fine. Kids miss a lot when there is only one parent. They need both parents being positive role models for them in the house. It's more stable.

Agreed. Two stable, well behaved parents who can lead by example, not just words.

Not if their biases allow them to believe in disinformation or misinformation.

Name one person on the planet who believes zero mis or dis information.

We all have some wrong ideas about the world we live in.

If you choose to put your child in the public education system where their mission is inclusivity, respect and diversity then not only will Christian conservative views confuse the child, but may cause isolation and anxiety because the religious and other ideologies go against the majority views.

So you couldn't name anyone who doesn't have some wrong beliefs. Well done, at least you didn't try to BS us.

I am an atheist, but my family are all Christian on both sides with a few exceptions, including me. I haven't seen this isolation and anxiety you're talking about in any of them. They have worked hard, made a good life for themselves, and treat people with respect, including me and my liberal gay cousin. We will both be at the Christmas gathering this year, and we will enjoy it. I haven't seen anyone burned at the stake in the back yard for at least 20+ years.

Oddly enough, for all of of the democrats preaching and religious indoctrination, it is the left that seems to have much more of a problem with tolerance, acceptance, and respect of opinions and lifestyles different from their own than the right does, which is proven every day in the televised and written media.

You folks literally hate anyone who thinks differently than you do, or calls you out on your hypocrisy.

I never hated anyone in my life, what does it feel like to hate freely?

posted on Dec, 10 2023 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Then they wouldn’t be “stable parents”

a reply to: quintessentone

posted on Dec, 10 2023 @ 12:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jane1B

The key is a two parent household. When you have two well behaved parents, which conservative values tend to lean toward, you have kids who come out better than the liberals who think being a single parent is just fine. Kids miss a lot when there is only one parent. They need both parents being positive role models for them in the house. It's more stable.

Agreed. Two stable, well behaved parents who can lead by example, not just words.

For example a number of christian right wing fundamentalists teach their kids about creation and creationism and they demand these bronze age views taught as facts in schools. Great values and great parenting!

And a large number of left wing lunatics teach their kids that...

Men can become women and women can become men.

Black people are stupid and require the help of white liberals to get by in this world.

White skinned people are inherently evil and should be exterminated, unless they are liberal of course, then it's the white liberal's job to save the brown folks who are inferior to them.

No one should have free speech or be able to defend themselves unless it has been approved by the regime first.

that Marxism and authoritarianism are good when it's the democrat party doing it.

that an inequitable justice system is preferable when the ends justifies the means.

And the list goes on and on.

My lack of belief in gods and religion includes yours.
edit on 12/10/2023 by Klassified because: add

posted on Dec, 10 2023 @ 12:04 PM
link   

If you choose to put your child in the public education system where their mission is inclusivity, respect and diversity then not only will Christian conservative views confuse the child, but may cause isolation and anxiety because the religious and other ideologies go against the majority views.

So you couldn't name anyone who doesn't have some wrong beliefs. Well done, at least you didn't try to BS us.

I am an atheist, but my family are all Christian on both sides with a few exceptions, including me. I haven't seen this isolation and anxiety you're talking about in any of them. They have worked hard, made a good life for themselves, and treat people with respect, including me and my liberal gay cousin. We will both be at the Christmas gathering this year, and we will enjoy it. I haven't seen anyone burned at the stake in the back yard for at least 20+ years.

Oddly enough, for all of of the democrats preaching and religious indoctrination, it is the left that seems to have much more of a problem with tolerance, acceptance, and respect of opinions and lifestyles different from their own than the right does, which is proven every day in the televised and written media.

You folks literally hate anyone who thinks differently than you do, or calls you out on your hypocrisy.

I never hated anyone in my life, what does it feel like to hate freely?

I wouldn't know.

posted on Dec, 10 2023 @ 12:21 PM
link   

We all see it played out here on ATS every day with cherry picking sources. Confirmation bias is what it's called ...

Pot meet kettle.

posted on Dec, 10 2023 @ 12:29 PM
link   

For example a number of christian right wing fundamentalists teach their kids about creation and creationism and they demand these bronze age views taught as facts in schools. Great values and great parenting!

And a large number of left wing lunatics teach their kids that...

Men can become women and women can become men.

Black people are stupid and require the help of white liberals to get by in this world.

White skinned people are inherently evil and should be exterminated, unless they are liberal of course, then it's the white liberal's job to save the brown folks who are inferior to them.

No one should have free speech or be able to defend themselves unless it has been approved by the regime first.

that Marxism and authoritarianism are good when it's the democrat party doing it.

that an inequitable justice system is preferable when the ends justifies the means.

And the list goes on and on.

My lack of belief in gods and religion includes yours.

Agree on what some left wing parents say and do.

But does this change the nonsense taught by right wing christians? You shouldn't apologise for what some fundamentalist young earth creationists believe.
edit on 10-12-2023 by Jane1B because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2023 @ 12:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: FarmerSimulation

originally posted by: Annee
Media bias fact check: Overall, we rate the Institute for Family Studies (IFS) right biased based on story selection that favors conservative causes and Mixed for factual reporting based on the endorsement of poor science. mediabiasfactcheck.com...

Programed parents have programmed kids.

What happens after they get away from mommy and daddy?

If you are a Democrat you go stay with grammar.

I am an unaffiliated -- independent thinker. Leaning fiscal conservative/social liberal (as I think most people are).

Was originally a Goldwater Republican for 40+ years -- until the Republicans became insane.

“Mark my word, if and when these preachers get control of the [Republican] party, and they're sure trying to do so, it's going to be a terrible damn problem. Frankly, these people frighten me. Politics and governing demand compromise. But these Christians believe they are acting in the name of God, so they can't and won't compromise. I know, I've tried to deal with them.”
― Barry Goldwater

Dominionism/Chrisitan Nationalism is the current scourge that will destroy this county.

Not Liberals.

Parents who teach integrity, personal responsibility, work ethic, compassion, etc -- can be Liberal or Conservative.

edit on pm1212America/ChicagoAmerica/Chicago by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2023 @ 12:34 PM
link   

We all see it played out here on ATS every day with cherry picking sources. Confirmation bias is what it's called ...

Pot meet kettle.

At least I read both sides then choose the most rational.

posted on Dec, 10 2023 @ 12:40 PM
link   
*shrugs* children Need stability, structure and discipline (I am not talking about beating them mercilessly) growing up, not constant validation.

Doesnt mean non-conservatives cant give that in my opinion, just they are more likely to provide that environment.

Me personally I subscribe to a mix of freedom and structure, while I hope my son wants to go to trade school if he chooses college we will be ready (as an example).

posted on Dec, 10 2023 @ 01:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn

Communism isn't the "majority view", it's just the preferred state for the regime, so it gets the larger platform.

We're seeing more and more people opposing your disgusting BS. The majority doesn't want it.

The U.S. public education system isn't a political ideology it's a put the kids first and meet their unmet needs. As for inclusivity, respect for others and diversity it will be their reality, their world going forward.

Flat Earth
Creationism
Trump ideology
The Bible...

To name a few things taught in schools or things the right wing christians are teaching their kids.

Provable examples? And again, YOUR "Damage" assessments 🤣

posted on Dec, 10 2023 @ 01:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf
*shrugs* children Need stability, structure and discipline (I am not talking about beating them mercilessly) growing up, not constant validation.

Doesnt mean non-conservatives cant give that in my opinion, just they are more likely to provide that environment.

Me personally I subscribe to a mix of freedom and structure, while I hope my son wants to go to trade school if he chooses college we will be ready (as an example).

Absolutely!!!

posted on Dec, 10 2023 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Pot meet kettle.

At least I read both sides then choose the most rational.

Yes!

And this is what caught my attention in the fact-based description: "Mixed for factual reporting based on the endorsement of poor science."

Not that it was Right leaning.

posted on Dec, 10 2023 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Jane1B

Agree on what some left wing parents say and do. But does this change the nonsense taught by right wing christians?

My opinion on religion is well known by older members here, but that opinion has come to include the religiosity and proselytizing by the churches of consensus science and political extremism. They are at least as much "nonsense", if not more so than believing in Santa Claus and/or Jesus.

What I fail to understand is why the left jumps to the defense of a religion and its adherents that are the most militant and fanatically dangerous group on the planet. A group whose goal is to turn the world into a theocracy and murder anyone who does not adhere to their doctrines in the name of Allah. And it is precisely those who support them in the Western world they wish to murder. SMH

posted on Dec, 10 2023 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Here’s one fresh out of the public education system.
God help us if this is what you mean by majority views.

Sry, couldn’t find the stand alone vid.

posted on Dec, 10 2023 @ 01:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Thanks for pointing out the obvious, I didn't want to assume but thank you. I googled it too and it's a conservative think tank. I don't understand why ATS got rid of the mud pit.

Thread title should actually be:

Conservative Study Shows Children of Conservative Parents Have Best Mental Health

Deny ignorance
edit on 10-12-2023 by sendhelp because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2023 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: NorthOS

Got one with an honours student graduating?

posted on Dec, 10 2023 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Why do you assume she isn’t?

I have a young family member, university by 16, straight into Gender Studies.

That person reminds me of my family member.
Medicated for depression and other issues, so far she’s been gay, bisexual, and straight.

posted on Dec, 10 2023 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Do you agree that children raised in a two parent household are much better off?

Do you agree that conservatives raise their children in two parent households are a much higher percentage than non conservatives?

edit on 10-12-2023 by Vermilion because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-12-2023 by Vermilion because: I’m drinking beer watching football so the wording is poor

posted on Dec, 10 2023 @ 02:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: sendhelp
a reply to: Annee

Thanks for pointing out the obvious, I didn't want to assume but thank you. I googled it too and it's a conservative think tank. I don't understand why ATS got rid of the mud pit.

Thread title should actually be:

Conservative Study Shows Children of Conservative Parents Have Best Mental Health

Deny ignorance

I even research my own stuff.

Almost everything today is Opinion based. It's difficult to separate Fact from Fiction.

Having Left or Right opinion is one thing -- but when you mix in pseudo-science and extremism -- then the stop signs flash.

"Content" -- the most important word today. I've actually noticed Right Wing Op-Eds showing up on Left leaning sites. Gotta fill the void.

"Always research your source -- know the bias"

posted on Dec, 10 2023 @ 02:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vermilion
Do you agree that children raised in a two parent household are much better off?

NO. Animosity between parents can make life a living Hell for kids.

Do you agree that conservatives raise their children in two parent households are a much higher percentage than non conservatives?

I think religion is a factor in parents believing they need to stay together for their family.

Religious tend to be more conservative.

Does not mean the household is harmonious.

edit on pm1212America/ChicagoAmerica/Chicago by Annee because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join