It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

United Nations Security Council demand an immediate humanitarian ceasefire - US vetoed

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2023 @ 06:34 AM
link   
13 of the 15 members of the UN Security Council voted for a ceasefire at yesterdays vote which was triggered by UN Secretary-General Antonio Guterres who invoked the rarely used Article 99 which allows him to “bring to the attention of the Security Council on any matter which in his opinion may threaten the maintenance of international peace and security”

Israel's lapdog did its duty and vetoed the resolution while America's British Poodle timidly abstained from the vote on what is the biggest issue of this Century , absolutely shameful and damaging behaviour by the weak as dishwater British government.

On his way into the chamber, France's ambassador to the UN, Nicolas de Riviere, put it this way: "A resolution failing because of veto is a failure of the UN Security Council."

Mr de Riviere wanted more time to negotiate towards an agreement and spoke of the danger of driving "the Security Council car against the wall".

The Americans duly raised a hand against the ceasefire resolution and so the will of the minority carried the day.

Around the UN table, as around the world, there was a recognition of a defining episode for the organisation.

The UN describes its four "pillars" as peace and security, human rights, the rule of law and development.

It's a list that people in Gaza won't recognise.

As an organisation, the UN appears powerless to enforce any - after the vote, as it did before.
news.sky.com...

The World's Superpower being wagged by its tail while Britain once again shows it has no balls , History will be our judge.

At least 17,177 Palestinians have been killed and 46,000 wounded since Oct 7 , 70% of those women and children.
edit on 9-12-2023 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2023 @ 07:06 AM
link   
If things go next level it shows where the lines are. With Europe backing Palestine, sucks to be the USA, UK and that side. One thing Israel got right was in how to unite the rest of the world over something.

+4 more 
posted on Dec, 9 2023 @ 07:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
At least 17,177 Palestinians have been killed and 46,000 wounded since Oct 7 , 70% of those women and children.

... SAYS HAMAS. You keep forgetting to add that to the post. No one knows how many have died in Gaza. The number could be higher. But the number could easily be lower as well. Hamas lies. And there is no way to know how many bodies are in the rubble. And ANY Palestinian deaths are the fault of Hamas and the Palestinians themselves who put Hamas in charge.

A ceasefire would be Israel losing to Hamas. It would be disarming Israel so Hamas could strike again and again. Hamas has promised not to stop until Israel is destroyed. 75% of Palestinians support Hamas therefore 75% want Israel destroyed. There is no reason for Israel, or anyone else for that matter, to listen to the corrupt United Nations. What they are calling for is not a 'humanitarian cease fire', but is instead the destruction of Israel. Why should Israel sacrifice itself and destroy itself to save Hamas and the Palestinians who want to destroy it? That makes no sense. No other country would be called to cave to self destruction like that. But it's okay to tell the Jews to commit suicide? Pffft. Screw the UN.

edit on 12/9/2023 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Dec, 9 2023 @ 07:15 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

totally right. The UN and the world should demand HAMAS surrender and turn over the hostages to prevent anymore bloodshed as a result of their horrific attack on civilians on October 7th. This should be screamed from the rooftops! I'm glad you agree!

posted on Dec, 9 2023 @ 07:25 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

And Hamas will also not truthfully tell how many of their terror soldiers are being counted as none combatant deaths.

I would think the world would also want an investigation into the 70 killed on a declared safe route of Salah-al-Din Road on Oct Friday 13 in Gaza. Funny how the media was all over this until evidence started pointing to Hamas.

posted on Dec, 9 2023 @ 07:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lazy88
a reply to: FlyersFan

And Hamas will also not truthfully tell how many of their terror soldiers are being counted as none combatant deaths.

I would think the world would also want an investigation into the 70 killed on a declared safe route of Salah-al-Din Road on Oct Friday 13 in Gaza. Funny how the media was all over this until evidence started pointing to Hamas.

only that which supports the narrative will be accepted. You can't have mindless drones spread your propaganda if facts start to emerge proving them wrong.

posted on Dec, 9 2023 @ 07:31 AM
link   

I'm curious, what if the UK and the US had voted for it, then what? You gonna force Israel to stop fighting while Hamas remains true to their word and won't stop...ever, until there is no Israel no more? Is that how this works?

I hear a lot of talk from the haters of Israel, but not one viable solution.

How many civilians have died in each of the wars fought in the 20th century? 21st century? No one on the left knows or cares, do they? They don't care about those deaths because that's so 5 minutes ago and no longer among the talking points and the things you're are supposed to hate this month.

posted on Dec, 9 2023 @ 07:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: kwaka
If things go next level it shows where the lines are. With Europe backing Palestine, sucks to be the USA, UK and that side. One thing Israel got right was in how to unite the rest of the world over something.

Then why are people not calling for an investigation into the 70 killed on Friday Oct 13 along Salah-al-Din Road. Funny the media you don’t trust all the sudden becomes trusted when they repeat Hamas lies. And the same media dropped the Salah-al-Din Road narrative when it started to look like Hamas lied about an Israeli air strike, and Hamas booby trapped the declared safe route.

posted on Dec, 9 2023 @ 07:43 AM
link   
I've kept quiet on this so my opinion would be based on observations and not feelings.

Hamas attacked Israel, stated they will continue to regroup and attack until Israel is no longer in existence, hide behind civilians when they launch their attacks, and then cry when Israel retaliates? Now the world wants those people to be safe from the retaliation because they are being overwhelmed?

Hamas is also stealing and/or(basically same thing) confiscating the humanitarian aid meant for the Palestinian people(who also seem to support Hamas or the destruction of Israel and it's people) so they may regroup and reengage the attacking. Yet the "UN" wants to allow that to continue?

Am I missing something? This seems like it would be resolved if Hamas was destroyed, so why isn't the "UN" concerned with coordinating an effort to do that.

posted on Dec, 9 2023 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Are you still trying to get a Nobel Peace Prize or that year end bonus? Sure you have an opinion yet its obviously biased.

Heres two stories to chew on relating to your axe. I hope your around after it goes down as you may know somethin g the rest of us dont.

Gaza Woman on TV Calls Out Hamas for Keeping Aid: 'Let Them Shoot Me'

Gaza Palestine Woman Say Shoot Me

Terriorism Status in USA

Mayorkas Confirms FBI Warning, Says Blinking Red Lights Everywhere On Terror Threats

Mayorkas Confirms FBI Warning

Slut Puppy?

posted on Dec, 9 2023 @ 08:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Waterglass

Are you still trying to get a Nobel Peace Prize or that year end bonus? Sure you have an opinion yet its obviously biased.

Unlike you who has no bias whatsoever , if my opinion is biased it's because I will always speak out against Genocide regardless of who is committing it , when all of this is over and Netanyahu is either in the Hague or accidentally fell down some stairs we will see who was right and who was wrong.

posted on Dec, 9 2023 @ 08:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

... SAYS HAMAS. You keep forgetting to add that to the post. No one knows how many have died in Gaza.

Good lord you are a moron...

The death toll from. October 7th is below 1,000 now and most casualties have been identified as IDF or Hamas fighters. ONE baby was killed, though still horrific. No 40 beheaded babies, no babies in ovens, no mass evidence of rape either. You are a fing lier and I suspect you know it.

You have aligned with a sadistic regime not that dissimilar from nazis. Your compromised my man...

Oh and Israeli did 9/11...

posted on Dec, 9 2023 @ 08:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lazy88

Then why are people not calling for an investigation into the 70 killed on Friday Oct 13 along Salah-al-Din Road. Funny the media you don’t trust all the sudden becomes trusted when they repeat Hamas lies. And the same media dropped the Salah-al-Din Road narrative when it started to look like Hamas lied about an Israeli air strike, and Hamas booby trapped the declared safe route.

We are also seeing videos made by Hamas and locals on their phones of what we would call children 8 to 15 dressed up in all black, calling out positions with many carrying weapons of some kind. I don't think people know who the IDF is fighting over there. Within a population of 2+ million how many have risen to support Hamas? We have seen over and over again how the extremist side has had little issues with strapping a bomb to a kid and having the kid run into a group of soldiers in Iraq/Afghanistan so why is it so hard for people here to understand the communities are also in the fight at some level. Those who do not want to be a part of it have fled already.

We need to understand they feel dying while fighting Jews is their fast-track ticket to heaven. That is what they have been told all their lives and they are eager to get there and that is why for them to die or use the civilian population as part of their forces is not a big deal to them.

The 70% women and children seem like some pushed narrative as we see streets filled with men, but I guess only women and children are killed. How deaths are reported is "The figures do not give the cause of death, but describe the dead as victims of "Israeli aggression". They also do not distinguish fighters from civilians.

If we go back in time on Nov 13 they reported over 11,000 dead. That is about 300 total per day starting Oct 8.
On Dec 9 they reported 17,000 dead, so that is now 200 per day dead since Nov 13. We do not know the true makeup of the dead if the numbers are correct or even what they died of or who killed them.

posted on Dec, 9 2023 @ 08:17 AM
link   
a reply to: FeeshJefe
Do you have any legitimate evidence to these claims or is it all stuff you heard from the same people who lied about Afghanistan, Iraq, and Ukraine?

posted on Dec, 9 2023 @ 08:19 AM
link   
How did Turkey vote? Did they vote for a ceasefire in order to save innocent people? Thats where my family came from. In fact my family member was a ruler in charge of Palestine. The Jews were treated like trash, and not allowed to own any land in the country given to them by God. It was forbidden for Jews to own land. My Great grandmother's uncle Hagop Kazazian (Pasha (Ruler) and Minister of Finance for the entire Ottoman Empire) Used his position to sell Jews their land, and he gave them a legitimate title from the Empire. The Arabs freaked out like they are now. Hamid, the Sultan (Hagops best friend) supported Hagops decision and threatened to step down if the Turks kept up their poor aggressive behavior. They shut up and put up. My family left right before Turkey became like Hamas. Their behavior was identical.

How did Germany vote? Do I need to even go there?

How about Australia?
Who owns the land down under? This is about land right? Perhaps someone would like their land back.

I wonder what would happen if Aborigines pulled a Palestinian move on Aussies, they would want a ceasefire?

I have always been against war. I was seen as a liberal in the Viet Nam war years. I saw the lie then, and I see it now. I especially stand against those who start them.

Now, one last country... Russia. They dont have a vote, but if they did, would they align with your position? You can bet your sweet Bippy they would. So would Iran.

I hate war. I hate fights. As a steel worker for 40 years, when someone starts a fight, You hand them their ass. There is no way around it. You knock them out, put them out of commission, whether you like it or not. You dont stop punching them until they cry Uncle. Thats war. Dont want a war? Dont start one.

I saw the Israelis capture many men in Palestine and interrogate them. They released all but two men. Would Hamas do that? Do Palestinians support and approve Hamas actions?

Want a ceasefire? Stop the Palestinian mind washing nonsense and accept that the land is not Arab Pagan property. It belongs to God. In the caves under The Dome of the Rock, lie the bones of Abraham, Issac, Moses, David and Solomon. We know who lived and died there. Abraham and Sarah made a big mistake, and we have been seeing the results for thousands of years. Adam and Eve blew it too. Now here we are dealing with the crap they caused by disobeying God.

Ceasefire? Give up Hamas and all hostages, and all regular Palestinians who participated in the slaughter. Then there will be peace. Until then, its war

posted on Dec, 9 2023 @ 08:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: JAY1980
an...

These guys blew up the WTC how? From an art project?

By the way, how long would any man last under Hamas rule in Gaza dressed like that….

posted on Dec, 9 2023 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Good lord you are a moron...

Not at all.
Not the you care ... I have the same opinion of you.

The death toll from. October 7th is below 1,000 now and most casualties have been identified as IDF or Hamas fighters.

Incorrect.
Death Toll Estimate 1200
1033 Civilians Killed on Oct 7

ONE baby was killed, though still horrific.

36 Children Killed by Hamas on Oct 7 Some burned alive
And there is the unborn child that was ripped from the mothers womb and killed.

no babies in ovens,

Eyewitness testimony of baby in oven
... and it says multiple babies were killed.

no mass evidence of rape either.

Incorrect
BBC - Evidence of Rape and Mutilation Oct 7 Terrorist Attack.
NBC News - Evidence of Rape and Mutilation Oct 7 Terrorist Attack
CNN - Evidence of Rape and Mutilation Oct 7 Terrorist Attack
Times of Israel - Graphic Report of Sexual Violence Oct 7 Terrorist Attack

ATS Thread - Hamas Sexual Violence and Mutilation Oct 7 Terror Attacks

You are a fing lier and I suspect you know it.

Right back atchya
You can't handle when Hamas is exposed as bad people doing bad things.

You have aligned with a sadistic regime not that dissimilar from nazis.

Says the Hamas apologist.

Your compromised my man...

I'm not a man.

No they didn't.

My statement stands. ANY call for a ceasefire is nothing more than a call for Israel to disarm and be destroyed. No country on the planet would do such a thing, but the corrupt UN is calling for Israel to do so. It's insane.

edit on 12/9/2023 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2023 @ 08:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero
I don't think people know who the IDF is fighting over there. Within a population of 2+ million how many have risen to support Hamas?

Polls posted on ATS show 75% of Palestinians support Hamas.

Long but good read -
Former Israeli Defense Minister: ‘Naive’ to Believe Gazans Seek Peace, Oppose Hamas

posted on Dec, 9 2023 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Unlike you who has no bias whatsoever , if my opinion is biased it's because I will always speak out against Genocide regardless of who is committing it , when all of this is over and Netanyahu is either in the Hague or accidentally fell down some stairs we will see who was right and who was wrong.

In using the term genocide does it help your point? If Netanyahu goes to the Hague he will be standing behind 100 others waiting their turn for doing much worse. If you always speak out where are your posts for the 100s of atrocities that recently happened or still going on?

I understand your side in this, I really do, but yours and others Selective Outrage is just getting old. What is your dog in this fight? Just a warrior against Genocide? If so then you must have 100s of posts against the Saudis that have killed actual women and children in well over 400,000 like it is a weekend hunting trip. Where is your ongoing Outrage over that or do you just have enough for the Jews?

posted on Dec, 9 2023 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Do you have any legitimate evidence to these claims or is it all stuff you heard from the same people who lied about Afghanistan, Iraq, and Ukraine?

As 100s of billions are dumped into Gaza it is still one big sh!t hole, so where does everything go? You can hate Jews, but you need to stop with the Hamas are just misunderstood BS.

I bet back in the day when there was a push to suggest only a few 100k Jews were killed in WWII you were leading that narrative too.
edit on x31Sat, 09 Dec 2023 08:31:18 -06002023342America/ChicagoSat, 09 Dec 2023 08:31:18 -06002023 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join