It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The World Is Getting Tired of Ukraine vs. Russia

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2023 @ 03:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: orbhunter

originally posted by: Jane1B
Russia has strategically won the war. The objective was never to conquer the entire geographical area of Ukraine. The reason it lasted longer is because we were funding Ukraine.

No victory as yet for either 'team' according to the Beeb today and nothing is for sure. Pootin has put Russian industry on a war footing. They said this will make no difference in 2024. Too early for gearing up and mass production. The fruits of putting Russian industry on a WW2 style war footing will only make a difference by 2025. Guess it's wait and see

I just don't see it this way.
For me this is a strategic win and the only reason is being going on for that long is the funding and help we provided to the Ukrainians. It is better if we invest in peace and not try the proxy wars.

posted on Dec, 8 2023 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Russia has strategically won the war. The objective was never to conquer the entire geographical area of Ukraine. The reason it lasted longer is because we were funding Ukraine.

No victory as yet for either 'team' according to the Beeb today and nothing is for sure. Pootin has put Russian industry on a war footing. They said this will make no difference in 2024. Too early for gearing up and mass production. The fruits of putting Russian industry on a WW2 style war footing will only make a difference by 2025. Guess it's wait and see

For me this is a strategic win and the only reason is being going on for that long is the funding and help we provided to the Ukrainians. It is better if we invest in peace and not try the proxy wars.

Surely it's only a "strategic win" when the peace treaty rolls out and borders once again, are redrawn. Until then nothing is guaranteed. The West might throw in a massive amount of extra weaponry. Maybe even personnel too. Who knows what the future holds. Yet right now Putin has taken 1/5 of the entity known right now as Ukraine. I guess I can see where you are coming from on that basis

posted on Dec, 9 2023 @ 04:40 AM
link   

Surely it's only a "strategic win" when the peace treaty rolls out and borders once again, are redrawn. Until then nothing is guaranteed. The West might throw in a massive amount of extra weaponry. Maybe even personnel too. Who knows what the future holds. Yet right now Putin has taken 1/5 of the entity known right now as Ukraine. I guess I can see where you are coming from on that basis

I will agree that we don't what the future holds but surely peace is the best option and the West shouldn't use Ukraine for a proxy war. All these wars must end either in Ukraine or in the Middle East and elsewhere.

posted on Dec, 9 2023 @ 05:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: 38181
Someone was saying it’s a way to cycle out our old ammo. Makes sense, Vietnam era 155mm etc ammo. It doesn’t make ammo manufacturers any profit when there are huge inventory’s sitting on the shelf. Add the fact that training rarely use actual combat loads. Training rounds are made of concrete or inert fillings. Machine gun training use regular ball rounds.

The U.S. has programs under the Next Generation Combat Vehicle to replace a large proportion of the U.S. armored fleet over the next decade or so. At the same time, the U.S. has thousands of mothballed tanks, infantry fighting vehicles, etc. etc. that are going to need to be recycled in the not too distant future.

Giving these vehicles to Ukraine has very little actual cost associated with them. These are vehicles the military is going to have to pay to recycle, if they don’t get used.

Ammunition expires its very expensive to have it decommissioned. Shipping it to Ukraine actually saves money and allows the US to get the upgraded rounds for us inventory. When you see them claim 30 billion aid package it costs half that and then there is the savings of not having to pay to have it destroyed or scrapped.

posted on Dec, 9 2023 @ 06:04 AM
link   
2nd post removed

edit on 12/9/23 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2023 @ 06:08 AM
link   
a reply to: orbhunter
Borders won't change the UN already voted and consider any land taken by Russia to still belong to Ukraine. So Russia is occupying Ukraine and borders will not be redrawn.

posted on Dec, 10 2023 @ 01:46 PM
link   

I will agree that we don't what the future holds but surely peace is the best option and the West shouldn't use Ukraine for a proxy war. All these wars must end either in Ukraine or in the Middle East and elsewhere.

Peace and throw in love while we are at it is the only way forward, yes the best option and for sure the "West shouldn't use Ukraine for a proxy." Totally agree
yet after spending many days in the monkey house of various zoos on a schizophrenic friends recommendation, I see little hope for this

posted on Dec, 10 2023 @ 01:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr
a reply to: orbhunter
Borders won't change the UN already voted and consider any land taken by Russia to still belong to Ukraine. So Russia is occupying Ukraine and borders will not be redrawn.

Borders are drawn up by pen pushers, dreamers, TPTB. In reality the only thing that counts is whose boots are on the ground

posted on Dec, 10 2023 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Sunday, December 10, 2023

Zelenskyy is making an emergency last-minute trip to Washington D.C. this week.

Sugar Daddy done stopped sending cash to Ukraine. Big-Z wants to know why!

Source: thehill.com...

posted on Dec, 10 2023 @ 04:02 PM
link   
a reply to: WeMustCare

What "cash"?

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join