It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The World Is Getting Tired of Ukraine vs. Russia

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2023 @ 07:55 AM
link   
It's been two years. There is a Russia/Ukraine stalemate. Israel dominates the news now. The cost of supporting Ukraine keeps going up, while Americans at home are suffering - 1/5 of American children go to be hungry and there is a record number of homeless elderly on the streets. The Ukraine flags are gone from front lawns and there is little talk of it anymore. The Ukrainians themselves are skipping out on fighting - estimated 650,000 fighting age men left the Ukraine to avoid the war. If they won't fight for their own country .. why should we support them? Russia is still the bad guy invading and butchering and raping, but everyone is tired of hearing about it. There seems no end in sight. The USA and Europe want negotiations and talks, which translates to 'Russia, you win, let's get back to a normal rhythm of life with a smaller Ukraine'.

A little long but a good read - goes into some of the problems and that the entire world is tired of the Ukraine vs Russia war -

The World Is Getting Tired of Ukraine vs Russia

Ever since the October 7 attacks against Israeli civilians, the conflict in Ukraine has largely disappeared from public view. Less than two years ago, Ukrainian flags and signs of solidarity were everywhere. What’s going on now? Are people still getting killed? Are we still arming them? Is peace being negotiated?

Early in November, Ukrainian Commander-in-Chief Valery Zaluzhny admitted in an interview with The Economist that the war is at a stalemate. He stated frankly that Russia has three times as many men as they do, and that their technology is too similar for a huge breakthrough unless the Ukrainians are given some kind of massive technological advantage.

President Zelensky has always been insistent that Ukraine can beat off Russia, and for a long time, General Zaluzhny was, too. After the slow counteroffensive this spring, rather than admitting any difficulties within the Ukrainian military, he was quick to blame Americans, saying we were not giving him enough advanced weaponry.

General Zaluzhny also blames the huge amount of Ukrainian men avoiding conscription. Ever since the beginning of the Russian invasion, men between the ages of 18 and 60 have been forbidden from leaving the country. However, many men have taken advantage of the chaos to leave anyway. The BBC estimates that 650,000 Ukrainian men within this age group have left for Europe since the fighting began.

posted on Dec, 5 2023 @ 08:03 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

Assumming Ukraine goes down so will the Bidens. Later rather than sooner. Possibly Pussy Riot will hold a charity concert for Ukraine over there.

posted on Dec, 5 2023 @ 08:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Waterglass
Assumming Ukraine goes down so will the Bidens.

I don't know if Ukraine will go down ... but it could turn out to be a stalemate with Russia gaining territory. That'd be my guess. At any rate, the world is tired of funding the Ukraine while more than a half million Ukraine fighting age men ditched the country and ran to Europe.

posted on Dec, 5 2023 @ 09:15 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

The same end result, but with far less bloodshed, if America had just stayed out of it.

posted on Dec, 5 2023 @ 10:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan
It's been two years. There is a Russia/Ukraine stalemate.

What stalemate
How come you keep saying stalemate
I don’t think that word means what you think it means

Europe and the US have given Ukraine all their stockpiles and are running low and Russia, keeps taking territory
Slow and steady, taking what they want, taken what they want

Ukraine need to go back to the negotiating table and leave Biden/USA out of the loop.
No NATO, small price to pay to end a war

posted on Dec, 5 2023 @ 10:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Creaky
What stalemate

Because there is a stalemate. That's why.

posted on Dec, 5 2023 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Russia invaded a much smaller neighbor.

Thats like the US invading Mexico and declaring their land, etc now belonging to the USA.

When has the Middle East not been in conflict?

posted on Dec, 5 2023 @ 11:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

originally posted by: Creaky
What stalemate

Because there is a stalemate. That's why.

Because zelensky says so? Lol

Russia is winning and the Ukraine will fall.

Russia needs to go Israeli on Ukraine then it will be over quick.

After all you don't care about dead Muslim kids so why would you care about dead Ukrainian kids.

posted on Dec, 5 2023 @ 12:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Maybenexttime
Because zelensky says so? Lol.

No, because if Russia was winning, it would be over by now.
It's been two years.
Russia gained some territory. But no movement now.
It's a stalemate.

posted on Dec, 5 2023 @ 12:29 PM
link   
The world is just now "getting" tired of the Russia Ukraine deal?

I thought the world got tired of that a long time ago... Personally I was done as soon as everything and everyone turned Pro-Ukraine, I just couldn't deal with the stupidity anymore and had to tune in out.

Glad to see they're still having fun out there, though. Good for them.

posted on Dec, 5 2023 @ 12:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Maybenexttime

"Russia is winning and the Ukraine will fall."

Because you say so?

Supposing Ukraine does fall. What next?

A repressive Russian occupation?

You good with that?

posted on Dec, 5 2023 @ 12:36 PM
link   
I think Russia emarasssed it's self Its a joke that a supposed super power could even take a neighbor , The only thing that gives Russia any power is nukes and most of them probably don't work . All they have done is make Ukraine rich .
edit on 5-12-2023 by Ravenwatcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2023 @ 12:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2

"Russia is winning and the Ukraine will fall."

Because you say so?

Supposing Ukraine does fall. What next?

A repressive Russian occupation?

You good with that?

What's a little empire building?

Doesn't personally affect me.

s/

posted on Dec, 5 2023 @ 12:40 PM
link   

"Russia needs to go Israeli on Ukraine then it will be over quick."

Why? Did Ukraine attack Russia?

posted on Dec, 5 2023 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Would you have said that when Hitler invaded Poland?

posted on Dec, 5 2023 @ 01:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2

Would you have said that when Hitler invaded Poland?

Can't say for sure, but as an independent thinker I see Trump for who he is.

I've always been this way. an independent thinker.

Didn't go over very well in my high school days. Just couldn't be a "clone".

posted on Dec, 5 2023 @ 01:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

s/

It could though. At it's root it is all about global food security and Russia not being willing to have their's undermined by a soft invasion, hence why Russia took such great exception to both the EU and the US making overtures.

posted on Dec, 5 2023 @ 01:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: BrucellaOrchitis

originally posted by: Annee

s/

It could though. At it's root it is all about global food security and Russia not being willing to have their's undermined by a soft invasion, hence why Russia took such great exception to both the EU and the US making overtures.

You ever read a biography of Putin?

posted on Dec, 5 2023 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Not a whole one, no. Once I learned he was a nepo baby I kind of lost interest.

posted on Dec, 5 2023 @ 02:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: BrucellaOrchitis

Not a whole one, no. Once I learned he was a nepo baby I kind of lost interest.

I like biographies. George Washington Carver is my favorite (including the fact he was gay).

Putin developed a shrewdness. He didn't start out that way but developed it over time.

It surprises me that he miscalculated this war so badly. But it's not over yet. Can't really predict the outcome.

edit on pm1212America/ChicagoAmerica/Chicago by Annee because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join