It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to survive a heart attack alone…

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2023 @ 08:27 AM
link   
a reply to: SprocketUK

I hope we sure never have to use it!

posted on Nov, 22 2023 @ 09:55 AM
link   
a reply to: JJproductions

24 / 7 + a mitochrondrial myopathy disease as inherited since birth. I tune it all out and just keep going. I am in shape and think positive. Sure it catches up now and then but F it.

Unless I say something one would never know as I keep all to myself.

posted on Nov, 22 2023 @ 09:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Waterglass

You are a strong person and brave! Good for you!

posted on Nov, 22 2023 @ 10:04 AM
link   

I also became spiritual after it happened. I can also now feel a persons energy. Not everyone but typically those who are Empaths. Its a deep rabbit hole that science doesnt recognise.

In brief its a huge backstory that covers the last 5 years of my life. My journey is now published in a peer reviewed thesis at York University in london, UK and I have been interviewed internationally on a Podcast as just a guy.

I am not in public to make coin or fame as I am incognito. Same here on ATS. I am quite grounded down to earth person whose journey includes a visit to my home by an Exorcist. The priest gave me a clean bill of health with exception to an decades long spiritual attack. He told me what to do and I do so.

I pray to the rosary and attend church. Prior to all of the above I was successful in corporate america as an executive and I made my money.

I now give back and try to help above and beynd as to what I accomplished in business.

posted on Nov, 22 2023 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Your story is heartening despite its' gravity, best wishes- and thanks for sharing friend.

posted on Nov, 22 2023 @ 10:15 AM
link   

This makes a lot of sense. Good points to consider from others as well.. certainly puts a new spin on a proper mindset for survival.

posted on Nov, 22 2023 @ 10:32 AM
link   
I had a heart attack from the medication Abilify. Abilify was prescribed to me by a resident (not a real doctor) working at a Toronto hospital who told me it would help my depression. I told him the increase from 5mg to 8mg was affecting my heart, but he told me to ‘stay the course’. I ended up waking on the floor of my bathroom unable to get up. I have a physical disability now, particularly because the doctors at the GTA hospital refused to give me the necessary fasciotomy to relieve the pressure in my legs. I have a permanent condition now. The Ontario disability program refused me a personal support worker the Occupational Therapist put the forms in for, twice.

Doctors still pretend I have heart programs and offer me EKGs. Maybe they should have given me one when I first complained about heart problems? They aren’t fooling me, I only had a heart attack from a psychiatric med and my heart works fine now. So they charge the system for unnecessary tests to fool me and other doctors but refuse to give me the actual health care I need, like for example therapy to address my anxiety and depression and hatred of my disabled imperfect body.

Heart attacks are scary and often they are caused by bad health care. Being neglected and not being treated prior to a heart attack is also bad health care.
edit on 22-11-2023 by Kriminal because: Wanted to correct spelling errors and add a bit more to clarify

posted on Nov, 22 2023 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Wow, your story is amazing! I am going to guess who you are! The world needs you!

posted on Nov, 22 2023 @ 12:13 PM
link   
a reply to: glitching

So much agreed!

posted on Nov, 22 2023 @ 12:38 PM
link   
I read about the coughing method when I was like 14.It stuck with me. very useful info indeed

posted on Nov, 22 2023 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Kriminal

I had major open heart surgery on Valentins Day. I am young. It scared me so much. I am happy that you are ok after your attack!

posted on Nov, 22 2023 @ 12:56 PM
link   

This suggestion in the OP is internet medicine, like taking cayenne pepper in water during a heart attack. The medical field and the American Heart Association does not condone this approach. The person may be near unconsciousness or have trouble breathing or have shortness of breath concurrently. Before you try any of this:

Sit them down, number one. Take the strain off the heart as much as you can. Lean them backward. Maybe lift the legs, set them level, to promote the blood flow toward the heart and away from the extremities. For the same reason it is good to place the person on their right side -- the heart is on the left, and the gravity will help out with the blood flow. Any strain you can take off the heart is good.

Take aspirin or nitroglycerin.

edit on 22-11-2023 by Mahogani because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2023 @ 01:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Mahogani

How are you going to lay someone down if they are driving alone! The article was if you are DRIVING. Thank you Doctor!
edit on 22-11-2023 by JJproductions because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2023 @ 02:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: JJproductions

How are you going to lay someone down if they are driving alone! The article was if you are DRIVING. Thank you Doctor!

They should pull over immediately, or stop the car where they are if they can. And not rely on internet medicine in that moment.

The ‘cough CPR’ myth has been circulating the internet for a while now, especially on social media sites such as Facebook. If you come across it, please avoid spreading it any further and consider letting the person who posted it know that there’s no truth in it.

Link
Link
Link (paywalled)
Link

Bottom line, this IS marginally effective, but it is dangerous because it tells people to treat themselves and delay calling for real help that is needed in those moments. Plus the accompanying shortness of breath and excruciating chest pain may make this deep breathing and coughing impossible anyway.

Doctors all over are cautioning against this. The right position, steady breathing and not panicking will help while they wait for help.

If in a car, stop the car, stay seated, lean your seat backward, shift to the right side, lift your legs. Call for help asap. Basically a fetal position, laying on the right.

ETA: Deep, steady breathing is actually helpful here because it helps with blood flow. The purpose of the heart is to push the blood, but it doesn't pull the blood back. When the blood gets all the way to the end, into the small capillaries, they reach a dead end. There is nothing behind there to push the blood backward into the veins. This is done by respiration. Respiration creates a negative pressure that pulls the blood back from the capillaries and into the veins, where the heart takes over the flow.

Trying to deep breathe in such a moment actually helps with circulation. Steady deep breaths. If the pain allows it.

edit on 22-11-2023 by Mahogani because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2023 @ 02:48 PM
link   
a reply to: glitching

Just get pissed off. One doesnt deserve it.

posted on Nov, 22 2023 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Thanks. Now and then I get hit on by 30 something yaer old women. Now it could be because South Carolina has many gold diggers. Regardless, it still make s me feel good. I have never cheated however.

posted on Nov, 22 2023 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Ok! So are you saying that you die in your car like a donkey or you try to cough. I would try to hack up something. I could be wrong.

What if you are in the county? Far away from anyone or anything? Do you pull over and lay down?

Thank you for your information!

posted on Nov, 22 2023 @ 04:00 PM
link   

This is just one link (for those who don't carry aspirin in their purse or vehicle). Many similar types sold online on Amazon, Etsy and Ebay.

www.saveaheart.ca...

posted on Nov, 22 2023 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Good stuff! I drive alone quite a bit, and being in my mid-60's this is good info. I do quite a bit of medical research, and have never come across this. Thank you!!!

posted on Nov, 22 2023 @ 04:20 PM
link   
a reply to: argentus

Thank you kindly too! I just came across this last week. My friend sent it to me!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join