It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shocking New Polling Out of Gaza and the West Bank Blows Up the Mainstream Narrative

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2023 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: VermiIion

They did not work at all yesterday...they do appear to work now. However, how much does a poll actually show when they only bothered to poll 688 people? Anyone can find 688 people to say whatever they want them to...

posted on Nov, 19 2023 @ 04:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: VermiIion
a reply to: RickyD

I have zero problems with the links.
Must be on your end.

www.awrad.org...

Shows created 2007 out of the West Bank.
www.devex.com...

Facebook dates to 2011.
Full of content. Hope you can read Arabic.
m.facebook.com...

These things are quite easy to find.

A WISE ONE ONCE SAIID
Someone conducted a poll while dodging bullets, sure. A reliable opinion poll sampling people being bombed out of their minds. People with no power, water or fuel, their kids dying, but of course they had time to offer thoughtful answers to your cheerful pollster.

posted on Nov, 19 2023 @ 05:37 PM
link   

It confirms what 688 people think...if you had bothered to actually look at the poll data instead of reading a bias Op Ed you'd have seen that...

I did look at the poll data, and if you actually read the OP, you'd know that I stated upfront that all polls should be looked at with skepticism, whatever their source.

...you'd have also seen the site is offline for the org who conducted the poll...

It was online when I posted the OP, it's not my fault or problem their bandwidth was exceeded.

...and if you had done any looking into them you'd see there is no news or press releases at all about this group before this poll. I am pretty confident in calling this one propaganda with now basis in reality.

Believe whatever you want. I really don't care, but next time read the OP before spouting off.

posted on Nov, 19 2023 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Arab World for Research and Development (AWRAD), the ones who did the polling, is run by Birzeit University in the West Bank.
They have become Palestine’s leading academic institution, according to them.
www.birzeit.edu...

posted on Nov, 19 2023 @ 07:11 PM
link   
YEAH...ACCORDING TO THEM

posted on Nov, 19 2023 @ 08:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

If the poll should be approched with skepticism and you actually read it and saw they only polled 688 people why make the OP unless you wanted others to take it at face value? Why not include the poll info rather than the link to the Op Ed with a clear bias. You act offended that I called this out when really at makes it appear as if you had any agenda other than just providing the facts here. Its took me combing through everything to point out the facts that were left out. As it just because it said what you wanted to hear or is it something else.

posted on Nov, 19 2023 @ 08:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fairlite

The people in Gaza are evil. Read the hamas charter then come to grips with the fact that 90+% voted for hamas.

Are you referring to the 2006 election? I thought the votes were 47% of all total votes?

edit on 19-11-2023 by Shinypants because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2023 @ 08:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: VermiIion

I have zero problems with the links.
Must be on your end.

www.awrad.org...

Shows created 2007 out of the West Bank.
www.devex.com...

Facebook dates to 2011.
Full of content. Hope you can read Arabic.
m.facebook.com...

These things are quite easy to find.

Site is down if you go straight to homepage. Looks like only the poll files being hosted.
www.awrad.org...
edit on 19-11-2023 by Shinypants because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2023 @ 09:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: RickyD

If the poll should be approched with skepticism and you actually read it and saw they only polled 688 people why make the OP unless you wanted others to take it at face value? Why not include the poll info rather than the link to the Op Ed with a clear bias. You act offended that I called this out when really at makes it appear as if you had any agenda other than just providing the facts here. Its took me combing through everything to point out the facts that were left out. As it just because it said what you wanted to hear or is it something else.

The OP explains my reasoning for posting it. You act as though it is unusual for pollsters to use a sampling of the population. It isn't, and you know this. I shouldn't have to point it out. If it confirmed your bias, you'd be all over it.

Kudos to you for "combing through everything". That's what we're supposed to do, not wait to be spoon fed.

Evidently, I have a much higher opinion of the membership here than you do. I trust them to do their due diligence and not take my word for it.
edit on 11/19/2023 by Klassified because: add

posted on Nov, 19 2023 @ 10:28 PM
link   

I know they used sampling...688 people out of the 2+ million people who live there is a very disingenuous sample size and that's pretty obvious. This is the same kind of crap they pull when they tout polls that point Trump in a bad light and everyone is quick to call it out then...but when it fits the bias its crickets.

posted on Nov, 19 2023 @ 10:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: RickyD

I know they used sampling...688 people out of the 2+ million people who live there is a very disingenuous sample size and that's pretty obvious. This is the same kind of crap they pull when they tout polls that point Trump in a bad light and everyone is quick to call it out then...but when it fits the bias its crickets.

There’s a ton of pushback on this poll.
I wonder why since it’s only a small sample.

Birzeit University runs AWRAD, the people who conducted the poll.

www.birzeit.edu...

They are the top university in Palestine.
www.4icu.org...

They side with Gaza and they hate Jews.
The poll results speak for themselves.
Should we expect to hear crickets now?

posted on Nov, 20 2023 @ 12:03 AM
link   

There’s a ton of pushback on this poll.
I wonder why since it’s only a small sample.

Because a sample so small doesn't convey anything about the people the poll purports to convey an opinion about.

posted on Nov, 20 2023 @ 06:43 AM
link   
a reply to: ashisnotanidiot

People don't understand that Hamas is a state sponsored terrorist organization, sponsored by the state of Iran.

Hamas created by Mosad well documented..

posted on Nov, 20 2023 @ 06:52 AM
link   
a reply to: purplemer

...and bribed by the Likud with Qatari cash because they think Hamas is an asset to prevent an united Palestine. It's a #ing scandal de luxe, but western media woefully managed to ignore the details whenever it suits the narrative. And so will our most esteemed members.

posted on Nov, 20 2023 @ 06:59 AM
link   

From page 1 of your opening post:

Is this poll reliable? There's reason to believe it is. Namely, because it was taken by a firm out of Ramallah in the West Bank. The poll shows a far higher approval for Hamas than the Palestinian Authority, with the latter actually being viewed negatively overall. That heavily suggests there was no government influence impacting this poll. Further, more people in the West Bank support Hamas than in Gaza, a result you wouldn't see if the poll wasn't an honest representation.

I would like to see more polls done for comparison sake, but considering the tensions going on in the West Bank right now and how the people there may be reacting/feeling to being attacked for holding peaceful protests, would it be any wonder why they would not support any group that might aid in their freedom from occupation/tyranny?

Overnight, the territory was closed off. Towns were raided, curfews imposed, teenagers arrested, detainees beaten, and villages stormed by Jewish vigilantes.

With the world’s attention on Gaza and the humanitarian crisis there, the violence of war has also erupted in the West Bank. Israeli settler attacks have surged at an unprecedented rate, according to the United Nations. The escalation has spread fear, deepened despair, and robbed Palestinians of their livelihoods, their homes and, in some cases, their lives.

“Our lives are hell,” said Sabri Boum, a 52-year-old farmer who fortified his windows with metal grills last week to protect his children from settlers he said threw stun grenades in Qaryout, a northern village. “It’s like I’m in a prison.”

apnews.com...

edit on q000000011130America/Chicago4747America/Chicago11 by quintessentone because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2023 @ 07:41 AM
link   
I don't think it is in possible to conduct any accurate poll or read too much into it when they're at war.

Every country seems to experience a huge surge in support of the government and nation when at war; it seems to be universal part of human nature - as war drags on and reality kicks in the support collapses with war fatigue.

Another problem is the people likely only had access to Hamas propaganda about the 7th and hospital bombings/rocket failure event. Hamas have been falsely claiming the attack was only on IDF and no civilians were raped, beheaded, injured or killed - if they saw the reality of what happened I think a lot of people would support Israel in getting rid of Hamas.

I also doubt people are free or comfortable to publicly admit they don't support Hamas due to fear of reprecussions - Hamas have banned freedom of expression and use brutal force against any Palestinians trying to protest against them - they're a terrorist group who rule with an iron first and nothing like Western Governments where human rights are largelty respected and people can say Biden is a peado without getting the death penalty.
edit on 20-11-2023 by bastion because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2023 @ 10:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Insurrectile

It's a #ing scandal de luxe, but western media woefully managed to ignore the details whenever it suits the narrative. And so will our most esteemed members.

Maybe western media is owned by the same peeps that own Hamas. It would not suprise me Isreal are the biggest political lobby in uk and usa.. Maybe the own governments too..

Where does it end..

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join