It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was the slashing of Adam Johnson a Nottingham ice hockey team member murder?i

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2023 @ 06:33 AM
link   
I don’t know much about ice hockey, though is it common to radish you foot to slash someone’s throat?

Or is this just a freak accident.

I know some players want to win at all costs.

www.dailymail.co.uk... tml
edit on 4-11-2023 by Cavemannick because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2023 @ 06:46 AM
link   
I've seen freak accidents in hockey before, but I've never seen someone kick their leg up so dramatically from what may have been a minor trip with no effect on the player he may have tripped on before.

It's suspect. I wouldn't call it murder like some folks. Possibly malicious with the worst unforeseen outcome. Prayers to Adam Johnson and his family. This broke my heart.

posted on Nov, 4 2023 @ 06:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Cavemannick

I don't know much about Ice Hockey, I did once attend a Durham Wasps game years ago and had a great time.

I know there is a major inquiry into this and I'm sure if there was any deliberate criminal intent then the judicial process will be followed but as far as I am aware there is no suggestion of any at present.

A tragic occurrence no matter what and my deepest sympathy to all affected.

posted on Nov, 4 2023 @ 06:58 AM
link   

It's a contact sport with big dudes with massive razor-sharp blades on their feet.

Accidents like this are unfortunately going to occur at some point.

And here is the thing about Ice hockey, fouls are part of the game.

So if there was a measure of foul play involved, it might be quite hard to prove the likes of murder given what takes place all the time, even if it did result in the player's demise.
edit on 4-11-2023 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2023 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Definitely manslaughter.
That was an intentional kick.

posted on Nov, 4 2023 @ 07:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Frustrated22

The incident plays out as follows: first, as Johnson makes his way into Sheffield territory, defender Matt Petgrave approaches at speed from his right and turns sharply into his path. Then, at a crucial moment, Nottingham player Otto Nieminen gets in the way.

In the split-second that follows, Petgrave appears to drop his shoulder in anticipation of a collision. But something — possibly making contact with Nieminen’s boot — throws him off balance. That, in turn, propels his left foot a considerable distance into the air.

Johnson, a 29-year-old American, has simultaneously cut inside towards the Nottingham goal. By a terrible coincidence, this brings him directly into Petgrave’s path. The razor-sharp blade of the Sheffield player’s skate then makes contact with his unguarded throat at high speed and both players fall to the ice.

The account above makes it sound like it could just have easily been a tragic accident.

That being said in the video the kick does indeed look like it could also have been intentional.

posted on Nov, 4 2023 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Very much an intended kick and target at that moment.

Although the video is a bit blurry, here is a YT video to watch and you can see it clearly. Set the video speed to slowest setting and at the 19 second mark, it's very clear what/when actions occurred.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Nov, 4 2023 @ 07:58 AM
link   

After watching the footage, he could body slammed him, though that does not look like it was a tactic to rebalance himself, he raised his leg intentionally.

posted on Nov, 4 2023 @ 08:01 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

There looks like there’s more to this, it looked like he raised his foot intentionally, though may have misjudged angle of attack, and caught his neck.

posted on Nov, 4 2023 @ 08:04 AM
link   
a reply to: StoutBroux

It looks more like he was trying to kick the opposing player by raising his foot, though stuffed up, and skk look ashes his throat.

Thought this would have been frowned upon.

posted on Nov, 4 2023 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Keep in mind the incredible fast pace of the game and that this wasn't the first time a man's neck was slashed on the ice. It looks odd because it's gruesome. It looks intentional but given the circumstances, speed, loss of balance, and the fact we can replay it over and over, etc I personally doubt it was.
edit on 4-11-2023 by sine.nomine because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2023 @ 08:15 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Nov, 4 2023 @ 08:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cavemannick
I don’t know much about ice hockey, though is it common to radish you foot to slash someone’s throat?

Or is this just a freak accident.

I know some players want to win at all costs.

www.dailymail.co.uk... tml

Yes, I checked the short video clip on youtube and definitely looked intentional to me... the guy deliberately aimed for the opponent... went straight for him. As for the high kick... I'm pretty sure that's an illegal move in Hockey and why did he kick out so high?? He could have aimed much lower... for the leg maybe??

He should definitely be banned from playing Ice Hockey and possibly do some time for Unintentional Manslaughter! I don't know... but he killed the guy with a deliberate kick to the upper body... in this case... the neck!

posted on Nov, 4 2023 @ 08:22 AM
link   

It definitely was NOT an accident!

It was intentional.... have you watched the short video of it on youtube?

posted on Nov, 4 2023 @ 08:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cavemannick

After watching the footage, he could body slammed him, though that does not look like it was a tactic to rebalance himself, he raised his leg intentionally.

It was an intentional Karate Kick... looks like it to me anyway. He could have easily kept his leg low but instead raised it up high!

posted on Nov, 4 2023 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Again It's a contact sport, but more than likely a foul because of the high feet(my opinion).

Intensional or otherwise, proving something like manslaughter, or murder, is going to require some serious legal wrangling, or other evidence to secure anything like a guilty verdict.

I mean if there was a preexisting problem, or an ongoing gripe between both players involved that might change the situation.

But otherwise, I'm hard-pushed to see how this will be deemed to be anything other than a tragic accident.

If anything it just goes to show that neck guards should possibly be made mandatory considering by the looks of this this type of occurrence is nothing new with it having happened to another player this year alone.

posted on Nov, 4 2023 @ 08:30 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Nov, 4 2023 @ 08:31 AM
link   
a reply to: xWorldxGonexMadx

An intentional foul in Ice hockey?

Never seen that happen before.

Intentional or otherwise, still an accident, which unfortunately takes place in contact sports.

I don't think the fellow directly set out to cut the other player's jugular put it that way.

As to me having watched the video, obviously considering i have posted such here above.

So the real question would appear to be, have you actually bothered to read the thread in its entirety?

posted on Nov, 4 2023 @ 08:39 AM
link   
He absolutely kicked that man on purpose..
Did he intend to kill him? Probably not..

A drunk driver doesn’t intentionally kill people but there are a lot of them in prison for manslaughter.

posted on Nov, 4 2023 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Yes, I've read all the posts on this thread!

All I'm saying is it looked Intentional to me... I'm pretty sure he could have kept his leg low... looked like he moved his leg up higher for some reason.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join