It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More pre dyanistic vases tested for precision

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2023 @ 03:59 AM
link   
a reply to: VariedcodeSole

Ok what's yours lol.

posted on Nov, 3 2023 @ 04:03 AM
link   
a reply to: VariedcodeSole

I should correct myself on the timeline of AtG, as I made that post half asleep, his armies ventured into modern India 1000 years before the temple was made.

Greek influence had already set foot in those parts of the world for a long time and with it stone and masonry work came with it. It would be a bit of a stretch to say, it influenced the people over time to build that temple, but that temple isn't alone in that style of construction in those parts of the world. Petra, and many other carved in stone construction can be found all over Persia as well.

It's what is known as a cave temple, and there's many others like it, just not as large.

Much like the pyramids of giza there's other smaller ones just like them, all it took was the right leader and the right architects to just upscale the size of the project. The temple was carved from the tip down, I'd imagine even just using a grid hanging over the construction sight with dangling rope with a rock at the end for points of interest would tell the workers how far down to carve to get an overall general shaoe and then details later.

Apparently it was built in only 17 years, so obviously whoever was commissioned to build the temple knew what they were doing.
edit on 3-11-2023 by strongfp because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2023 @ 07:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

Not exactly what you probably are looking for:

youtu.be...

I'll add that the art of precision masonry is rather rare in todays world. A couple years back my parents ran a BnB, and one of their customers they noticed would wake early, and come back late at night, they sparked up conversation with the man and he explained he was a stone mosaic worker. He was from Russia, and his client flew him out to lay down a large mosaic and do some special masonry. That's how rare skilled workers are nowadays.

Now imagine going back to ancient Egypt where from May to October, all people did during the flooding season was work stone, or the more skilled workers did it year round.

posted on Nov, 3 2023 @ 08:25 AM
link   
a reply to: strongfp

No, but it was still fun to watch. I've seen a few videos along this line. Humans can be quite creative and innovative when the need arises, especially when there's no TV and internet to numb their minds and make them lethargic.

posted on Nov, 3 2023 @ 07:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp
a reply to: ARM19688

We do know how they did it...

www.penn.museum...

That is not the answer to the vases. These things are precision hollowed inside to a tolerance that is quite mind boggling. You’re not achieving that with a drill. So no, we don’t know how they did it.

posted on Nov, 3 2023 @ 07:43 PM
link   

What tolerance? Against what standards?

posted on Nov, 3 2023 @ 07:57 PM
link   

I don't think that I have seen any vases that are exactly the same as another vase. If there were we could say that they might have had a master for the likes of a copy lathe, if two were found exactly the same it certainly would suggest industry instead of one-offs. Just a thought.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join