It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conservative and Labour MPs sacked and suspended over ceasefire and peace comments

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2023 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn
Up until a few years ago, on the South facing mountains overlooking Nikosia, capital of Cyprus, The Turks had "Next time the sea" emplazoned on the mountain, alongside the Turkish flag. You can still see the flag from miles around, but not the 'slogan'.
If you watch Simon Reeves 'Mediterranean' series E2, filmed in 2017, you can still see both at the 13:20 mark. The whole episode takes you from Cyprus into Lebanon, then Israel and into Gaza. Well worth the watch.

Simon Reeve embarks on the second leg of his epic four-part journey around the Mediterranean. Setting off from a snowy mountain ski resort in Cyprus, Simon finds an island and a capital city still deeply divided between Turkish Cypriots in the north and Greek Cypriots in the south. Simon joins the UN troops who patrol the line that separates the two sides - one of the world's longest-running peacekeeping missions. From Cyprus, Simon heads to the Middle East, a region of the Mediterranean that's also no stranger to conflict and division.

In Lebanon, Simon explores a country of breathtaking landscapes, with spectacular coastline, soaring mountains and a sacred valley known as the Qadisha, a holy site for Lebanese Christians. Staying overnight in an abandoned monastery carved into the rock face, Simon learns that in a Muslim-dominated Middle East, Christians are facing persecution and their numbers are collapsing.

As Simon travels south, his next stop is Israel, a country that perhaps more than any other depends on the Mediterranean for its survival. With few friends in the region, Israel has to transport most of its goods by sea. Simon joins the Israeli Navy who patrol the coast and protect the country's offshore oil reserves using the latest military weaponry and technology, including unmanned, combat-ready drone boats.

From Israel, Simon crosses one of the world's most heavily fortified borders to reach the Gaza Strip. Palestinians and Israelis have endured a seemingly endless cycle of violence, and in Gaza, the result has been devastating destruction. Many building materials are restricted by an Israeli blockade on Gaza, but Simon meets an inspiring young woman who has helped reconstruction efforts by inventing an ingenious method of making bricks from ash. It's a rare ray of hope in one of the most troubled regions of the Mediterranean.

Link to BBC
Rainbows
Jane

posted on Nov, 1 2023 @ 01:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
a reply to: Leviathan4

Sad state of affairs , no room for principles or thought outside the lines drawn by the leader in British politics ... kinda like Authoritarian countries our government complains about.

Sunak = Starmer = WEF.

There, corrected it for you

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Nov, 1 2023 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Who are you to tell him what his priorities should be?

You don't live here and it's obvious that your knowledge of our politics is rather limited, to put it politely.

Read what I posted. It's very much about rooting out the cancer of anti semitism which is not a popular look for a party over here.

The ghost of Corbyn is very much a current issue for his party.

posted on Nov, 1 2023 @ 01:13 PM
link   

With all due possible respect, what do you know about our politics or the Labour party?

posted on Nov, 1 2023 @ 01:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2

Who are you to tell him what his priorities should be?

You don't live here and it's obvious that your knowledge of our politics is rather limited, to put it politely.

Read what I posted. It's very much about rooting out the cancer of anti semitism which is not a popular look for a party over here.

The ghost of Corbyn is very much a current issue for his party.

I don't live in the UK but that doesn't make my view less valid.

His party is in a turmoil given that he chose to give unequivocal support to the State of Israel. The guy isn't functioning well.

You're talking about antisemitism in the UK when there is a war in Gaza in which 1,400 Jews have been killed and

The Ministry of Health in Gaza produced updated figures: As of Tuesday, October 31, at least 8,525 Palestinians have been killed and more than 21,543 injured since October 7

Starmer supports unequivocally the State of Israel that has killed so many innocent civilians...

posted on Nov, 1 2023 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Ok I will lay this out for you in terms I hope you will not be able to claim that you do not understand...
84 years ago there was an enormous antisemitic movement in Europe and my grandfather (on my mum's side) was taken away from his family and sent half way round the world for 7 years to fight the allies of these antii semites.

He was 21 and a country lad, he had a baby that wasnt even one yet and by the time he caame back, he had missed the chance to bond properly with his young son who just saw a big, scary looking war veteran.

They never managed to correct their relationship and both died seeing the other as somewhat strange.

I'm too old now to get called up but my kids are the right age and I never want them to have to give up years of their life being scared and starved to sort out a group of people this generation should have zero time for.

Thats my own personal reason for never having a moment's hesitation about hating nazis and applauding the actions of those who cast them out.

Nazis are a cancer on this earth and wherever they show up, in what ever colour skin, they need wiping out.

posted on Nov, 1 2023 @ 01:22 PM
link   

UK politics is actually the topic of your thread.

I get that you are dissapointed that Starmer does not support Hamas or hate Israel, but never mind.

posted on Nov, 1 2023 @ 01:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Leviathan4
I don't live in the UK but that doesn't make my view less valid.

A view obviously based on a severe lack of understanding of the UK politics. I bet you never even heard of Starmer or Paul Bristow or Andy McDonald before you started the thread.

The Ministry of Health in Gaza produced updated figures: As of Tuesday, October 31, at least 8,525 Palestinians have been killed and more than 21,543 injured since October 7

As claimed by HAMAS. You have no independent investigation on the ground to verify that. Remember ... THAT is what you are demanding as proof when you disagree with something .... where is the independent investigation on the ground verifying HAMAS' claim that you are taking on face value?
edit on 11/1/2023 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2023 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

Probably never heard of Corbyn, either, at a guess?

posted on Nov, 1 2023 @ 01:37 PM
link   

www.bbc.com...

Andy McDonald has been suspended as a Labour MP, after the party said he had made "deeply offensive" comments relating to the Israel-Gaza war

The MP for Middlesbrough used the phrase "between the river and the sea" in a speech at a pro-Palestinian rally.

The title of this thread says they were suspended for 'cease fire' and 'peace' comments. But going to a pro-Palestinian rally and yelling the battle cry 'between the river and the sea' are not 'cease fire' nor are they 'peaceful'. Those are words used by Palestinians and Hamas calling for the violent overthrow and destruction of Israel. Nothing 'peaceful' and 'ceasefire' about them.

posted on Nov, 1 2023 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Oldcarpy2

At least Corbyn would have had the courage to speak up for the innocent men , women and children being slaughtered in the name of Zionism , self confessed Zionist Starmer is happy to watch the blood flow.

posted on Nov, 1 2023 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

Starmer has simply called for a humanitarian pause in the fighting to allow aid in.

He opposes a permanent cease fire because it will not resolve the problem of Hamas.

Anti Semitic hate crimes here are up by around 1300 %.

posted on Nov, 1 2023 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Yeah, just like he spoke up for the IRA?

posted on Nov, 1 2023 @ 01:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
a reply to: Oldcarpy2

At least Corbyn would have had the courage to speak up for the innocent men , women and children being slaughtered in the name of Zionism , self confessed Zionist Starmer is happy to watch the blood flow.

Aye he'd have been speaking up for the guilty too and ignoring the innocent victims of these filth who invaded on the 7th

posted on Nov, 1 2023 @ 01:45 PM
link   
a reply to: SprocketUK

Probably invite Hamas members into Parliament too.

posted on Nov, 1 2023 @ 01:47 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Corbyn; the self-confessed Hamas supporter and apologist?

I think its getting to the point that humanitarian aid has to be allowed in.
But that should not detract from Israel's determination to root out and eradicate Hamas.

I have no idea how that can be arranged, beyond my ken.

posted on Nov, 1 2023 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

Now, don't you dare mention you know who?

posted on Nov, 1 2023 @ 01:53 PM
link   
McDonald has been suspended, not "sacked" so your thread title is.... misleading?

posted on Nov, 1 2023 @ 01:58 PM
link   

UK politics is actually the topic of your thread.

I get that you are dissapointed that Starmer does not support Hamas or hate Israel, but never mind.

Everyone is disappointed when political leaders don't stand for peace. He has condemned Hamas but not the Israeli Army. That's why his party is in a turmoil.

posted on Nov, 1 2023 @ 01:59 PM
link   

McDonald has been suspended, not "sacked" so your thread title is.... misleading?

Not really. It has been explained in the OP and the title of the thread is about sacked and suspended politicians.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join