It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If ATS was not doomed where have all the mods gone.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2023 @ 04:06 PM
link   
a reply to: OhGodNotMyHeccingAyTS

Really?

Who?

Why?

When?

Also how do you know this?

posted on Oct, 25 2023 @ 04:10 PM
link   
a reply to: ksihkahe

In the microcosm. I wasn't talking in global sociological reference, but how it relates to conversation here. At this site. It singles themselves out to incur accusations of being called parrots of multinational and corrupt government apologists.

And, what if what they say isn't all "political beliefs backed by corporations, hedge funds, the global thought police, and tech monopolies?" If you are dismissing some valid points to lump everything opposing into the category of an uncritical parrot, you're in the pot/kettle conundrum.

That's why I liked them. When everyone was in a smug circle-jerk of absolute correctness, they'd come in and 'parrot' the viewpoint everyone was smug against.

From outside, they were disrupting mostly a center/far-right conservative echo-chamber.
edit on 25-10-2023 by SheWasTheDarkness because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2023 @ 09:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: SheWasTheDarkness
a reply to: ksihkahe

In the microcosm. I wasn't talking in global sociological reference, but how it relates to conversation here. At this site. It singles themselves out to incur accusations of being called parrots of multinational and corrupt government apologists.

And, what if what they say isn't all "political beliefs backed by corporations, hedge funds, the global thought police, and tech monopolies?" If you are dismissing some valid points to lump everything opposing into the category of an uncritical parrot, you're in the pot/kettle conundrum.

That's why I liked them. When everyone was in a smug circle-jerk of absolute correctness, they'd come in and 'parrot' the viewpoint everyone was smug against.

From outside, they were disrupting mostly a center/far-right conservative echo-chamber.

First I should clarify that it appears you may think I was talking about a specific series of members another person listed. I was not discussing that list of people, though I'm sure it applies to some, and I very adequately described the traits of those I was talking about.

I was very specifically addressing the assertion of what was courageous and discussing a particular subset of agenda posters here that fit your description of brave simply by merit of being in opposition to majority opinion. Your statement implied this was somehow heroic and they are no more heroic than right wing sycophants posting in a similarly brainless way. And trolls are just trolls. If they want to troll that's fine, but obviously there is a limit to what is tolerated and on ATS that limit was too high for quite some time. Some people didn't adjust, but it was also very unclear how the site was changing. There are plenty of members with valid grievances, but if some cared as much about the site and how members were treat before they were banned as after... maybe they wouldn't be banned. Doesn't make it fair, but not being fair doesn't make my statements untrue or make it my fault.

Either way, it's not courageous to risk people saying mean things about your anonymous screen name on the Internet. It just isn't and echo chambers are irrelevant to that statement. I'm not romanticizing pure contrarianism as some kind of virtue. It sure as hell doesn't seem like a virtue when intelligent conversation is intentionally derailed by bickering because extremists with the opposite opinion don't understand the nuance of a debate.

This isn't a microcosm in a vacuum either. By your reckoning, relative to the state of the digital landscape, you would have called leper colonies echo chambers. Blaming people who have nowhere else to go for sharing a space or feeling the need to be disruptive to them simply because of that, is very um... genocidey. If you don't think that right wing opinions literally being made illegal justifies a little slack about echo chambers on the few websites it's allowed, maybe you're simply intolerant of right wing opinions.

I don't think that the original post you responded to is the quality we want here either, so don't misconstrue it as support for that. I support being able to tell the truth, no matter who does or doesn't like it, as I see it. I don't need to make threads about my political beliefs every day, because it's not ever day I feel I have something that needs to be said. I don't have to comment every time I see something I don't like.

We have been capable of having a discussion, in which there were misunderstandings and outright disagreements, and we made it through. If people can't do that, and can't just walk away from it, they should go be somewhere that makes them happy. Contrarianism and intolerance hiding under a facade of virtue isn't a positive thing to have on any site.

posted on Oct, 26 2023 @ 06:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Cavemannick

I'm here.

As most posts now are rubbish and I cannot access my original account I don't have much to say or do.

posted on Oct, 26 2023 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Can not access my 14 year old account. The content here sure has declined. RIP ATS.

posted on Oct, 26 2023 @ 03:45 PM
link   
not sure what to make of this, but a post has been removed, does this mean mods have access again?

first post in this thread

removed for manners violation

just another time for Trump crimes

posted on Oct, 26 2023 @ 04:51 PM
link   

MiM is on a bike tour in Japan, he occasionally pops into discord

When find out what really happened, you just might sh!t you pants.

I just witnessed the most amazing over on another website.

Seems we may be thanking the one person you'd never believe.

We'll see what happens

posted on Oct, 26 2023 @ 04:58 PM
link   
a reply to: UpIsNowDown2

you would think if DTOM or any mod, or the real darko's were back on slamming ban hammers they would have posted a Thread, Josiah The Dick Head playing games again.

posted on Oct, 26 2023 @ 05:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Waterglassing
a reply to: Mendix

Are they all being arrested?

QANON Mass Arrests have begun and ATS was the first target?

posted on Oct, 26 2023 @ 05:02 PM
link   
a reply to: ArMaP2

one josiah pastor fake accounts said DTOM is back on in her original account. you heard anything? that thread was also deleted.and account banned

posted on Oct, 26 2023 @ 05:02 PM
link   
a reply to: JoesAPuppet2

I think priority for whoever is back at the helm is to remove posts/threads which broke the sites T+Cs

Then perhaps they will make an announcment, if they desire, at the end of the day if they dont, we at least will have a genuine conspiracy to discuss

posted on Oct, 26 2023 @ 05:05 PM
link   
a reply to: UpIsNowDown2

also a priority to inform about what's happening while their doing it. also if you look at here profile now it shows she is offline now for 31 mins just a tad less than the thread was made.

ETA: ArmaP is a mod how come his is still using a 2 behind his.

edit on 26-10-2023 by JoesAPuppet2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2023 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Some mods may be reluctant to make a new account when it is uncertain who is in control of the site, and therefore in control of their "information."

Let's say Zaphod makes a new account, starts posting like normal, and in a month or two, the new "Shadow Owners" commandeer his account, posting as if they are him.

Until we know what's going on, anything is possible.

And about the mods who Have returned, we don't know if its really "them".

posted on Oct, 26 2023 @ 07:30 PM
link   
a reply to: JoesAPuppet2

Because my original account is not OK. I hope things are closer to normal when I wake up, 5 hours from now.

posted on Oct, 26 2023 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Discord links in other threads should get you up to speed

posted on Oct, 26 2023 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Hello.... we're here.

link   
a reply to: elevatedone

Well crap.

...you're back.

link   

go to discord and reach out to Djarums... he'll help.

posted on Oct, 26 2023 @ 07:40 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

posted on Oct, 27 2023 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Thanks all for the tip.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join