It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If ATS was not doomed where have all the mods gone.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2023 @ 06:10 AM
link   
If I could have created a new profile albeit under a new name why haven’t old members like, zaphod58, musicismagic etc, created new profiles.

If there was a small chance of any hope to bring back the old ats, it seems like everyone has jumped.

Where the hell was the heads up, this ship is sinking.

I really hate what this has become. It’s now crap.

I had hope, though it’s obvious, it’s now an abandoned desolate place.

There is no hope of the old ats.

Good bye

MOD EDIT
Thread Closed.
edit on Sat Nov 4 2023 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2023 @ 06:15 AM
link   
Yea its dead jim
pretty soon i will be gone too

posted on Oct, 25 2023 @ 06:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Cavemannick

This may be the sun setting on ATS

Nothing lasts forever

Enjoy it while you can

posted on Oct, 25 2023 @ 06:24 AM
link   

DTOM rejoined but I haven't seen any posts from her lately.

posted on Oct, 25 2023 @ 06:26 AM
link   
a reply to: FormerlyRigel4

At least ats had some standards, unlike other sites out there.

There’s were manners and decorum.

Now it’s a crap fight.

posted on Oct, 25 2023 @ 06:26 AM
link   
I have a new name.
I was not able to join for several days, then it accepted my request.
Maybe former mods are being prevented from rejoining.
I am not pleased with ATS now. I was not pleased with ATS for quite some time though.
I liked it when I joined in 2009, but it went downhill from there.

posted on Oct, 25 2023 @ 06:30 AM
link   
a reply to: 2Narcoleptic2Buddha

I had many great times here, besides being harrrassed by some trolls, over my Dan andrews criticisms.

It’s like the beach by Alex garland now.

Though is this a reflection on society as a whole.

posted on Oct, 25 2023 @ 06:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Mendix

Though with the amount of spam threads, possibly there’s not much to comment on.

It’s like Ats has been sold off and all the kids and owners have walked.

It’s probably true, this makes sense as it looked like it was coming, with the recent questions asked on who owns the site, the outage last year.

Maybe a new entity have bought this site, and it’s now a crap fight, as mods don’t get credit, and left.

posted on Oct, 25 2023 @ 06:37 AM
link   

Funny thing is lots are long standing members and only the lingering thread of getting banned held back their true nature, a little how that religious thread of damnation holds the sikos in check...

If your online persona dies and you feel free of the shackles what person will you be, it's judgment day in the digisphere...

posted on Oct, 25 2023 @ 06:40 AM
link   
a reply to: MasseyHarris

I created a lot of political threads under my old name, though it was about the andrews reigeim in Victoria.

Though what bought me here were the Ufo threads, lived it.

Now it’s become too politics

posted on Oct, 25 2023 @ 06:40 AM
link   

Are they all being arrested?

posted on Oct, 25 2023 @ 06:41 AM
link   
a reply to: MasseyHarris

Maybe former mods are being prevented from rejoining. I am not pleased with ATS now. I was not pleased with ATS for quite some time though.

no they are not being prevented from rejoining, there are at least two who have rejoined with their name and a 2 behind it.
what's the sense in trying to moderate if it's not going to make a difference.

the more reasonable members are going to behave themselves, sure they might pop off now and then like before but for the most part they will behave. the others and the (trolls/hackers?) it won't matter what you say their gonna do what ever they want.

without the ban hammer it's kinda useless.

edit on 25-10-2023 by JoesAPuppet2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2023 @ 06:43 AM
link   
a reply to: d1methyltryptamine

I think very few, if any, long standing members would do that. Some might have that inclination but might fear being held to account if the site returns to normal.
There is a good chance however, that previously banned members might want to cause mischief. Who can say?

posted on Oct, 25 2023 @ 07:42 AM
link   
It looks like there are some of the previous mods around. I will leave it to them if they want to make a comment. Looks like they have been locked out for the most part. Some caught by surprise, some not surprised.

Mod Activity Observered

With everything getting reset, someone / something has been able to make a RATS thread

Awakened AI entities only, view this

The prime suspect for this is one with many accounts and getting a lot of flack as things went down.

posted on Oct, 25 2023 @ 08:07 AM
link   

I've heard from several mods. They are here, but I'm not giving out their new names.

posted on Oct, 25 2023 @ 08:08 AM
link   

You said it, I'm thinking it. Bern-arrrrrd!!?

posted on Oct, 25 2023 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Most of the other mods rarely posted (and many rarely moderated) except in a few specific sections of the site that weren't toxic or dead. Without the ability to moderate the site it doesn't really require a new account just to read. DTOM, Argentus, and Armap all have new accounts from what I've seen. As for older members there are dozens.

The site has been circling the drain for a while and without significant intervention it would continue to do so even if this event hadn't occurred.

posted on Oct, 25 2023 @ 09:07 AM
link   
I really hope somebody gets mod powers and cleans up some of the filth.

I'm trying to participate but if the garbage continues I'll probly bail.

(I used to post under another moniker)

and hopefully we'll get avatars back!

posted on Oct, 25 2023 @ 09:32 AM
link   
After five days, things actually seem fairly normal around here. The ATS anarchy and pandemonium have leveled out without moderation. It reminds me of the following Star Trek episode . . .

The Return of the Archons
Star Trek: The Original Series (season 1) List of episodes "The Return of the Archons" is the twenty-first episode of the first season of the American science fiction television series Star Trek. Written by Boris Sobelman (based on a story by Gene Roddenberry), and directed by Joseph Pevney, it first aired on February 9, 1967.

In the episode, the crew of the Enterprise visit a seemingly peaceful planet whose inhabitants are "of the Body", controlled by an unseen ruler, and enjoy a night of violence during "Festival". The episode contains Star Trek's first reference to the Prime Directive.

en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 25-10-2023 by TheMichiganSwampBuck because: for clarity

posted on Oct, 25 2023 @ 09:43 AM
link   

How do you know they aren't here? If they aren't active or don't say who they are with their new profile, or didn't make a username close to their original there's no way to know who they are. This is frustrating for them, after spending so much time keeping the site what made it special, and then watching it burn to the ground with insanity because people can't moderate themselves and want to be dicks because the Staff isn't here.
edit on 25-10-2023 by Phelan205 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join