It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Death Penalty to Hackers

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2023 @ 11:02 AM
link   
This brings up an interesting question that I kind of think back to the Baby Lindbergh kidnapping that added the death penalty to kidnapping where the victim was harmed or worse.

So here I'm thinking if we just had an international death sentence for hacking it might kind of drop off a good deal, at least at the low levels such as what happened to ATS. They are not getting millions out of that hack or even a buck. What this means is hacks would not happen unless the reward was worth the risk.

Now personally with my military background if someone ruined my life with hacks and I found out who they were.....Well, let's just say their hacking days would be over.

edit on 22-10-2023 by xtrozero1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2023 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Hackers have actually done a lot of good over the years.

posted on Oct, 22 2023 @ 11:13 AM
link   
a reply to: xtrozero1

'Hacking', like with an axe?

posted on Oct, 22 2023 @ 11:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Euronymous2625

To a point, but what is a tradeoff? How about this..if it causes harm then the maximum punishment applies.

posted on Oct, 22 2023 @ 11:18 AM
link   
well it's a race, right?
Like with viruses

you gotta look at it this way:
if people realise that it is an illusion anything on the internet could be safe, they regain control over their lifes

you can make everything relevant safe enough nowadays unless the hackers could use quantum computers to crack the codes. Like email and banking. the issue is people who put everything personal out there complete with protocol of their movements and everything

posted on Oct, 22 2023 @ 11:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: N3ONOTS33

'Hacking', like with an axe?

Well, both ways...how about that? Axe or keyboard...I'm an equal-opportunity type of person.

posted on Oct, 22 2023 @ 11:25 AM
link   

I find that hard to believe. You are willing to get a murder rap for being hacked? You must have some interesting things on your hard drives.

I am not a hacker, but it seems that with that kind of attitude about things you are begging to get hacked.

posted on Oct, 22 2023 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Your family says you were actually in the cub scouts not the military, but ultimately failed to attain the paint by numbers badge. STOLEN VALAR.

posted on Oct, 22 2023 @ 11:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Euronymous2625

Depends.
White or black hat?
There are grey hats as well.
edit on 22-10-2023 by IsAnyoneThere because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2023 @ 11:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: xtrozero1
This brings up an interesting question that I kind of think back to the Baby Lindbergh kidnapping that added the death penalty to kidnapping where the victim was harmed or worse.

So here I'm thinking if we just had an international death sentence for hacking it might kind of drop off a good deal, at least at the low levels such as what happened to ATS. They are not getting millions out of that hack or even a buck. What this means is hacks would not happen unless the reward was worth the risk.

Now personally with my military background if someone ruined my life with hacks and I found out who they were.....Well, let's just say their hacking days would be over.

Not at all. I'm not convinced there is any motive beyond,
"I'm a severely autistic narcissist with no life who dreams of starting a cult so I'll finally have friends,
but I actually have no social skills and nobody likes my cult ideology or wants to join,
and there's this one website I am OBSESSED with. Man, surely if I could just FORCE ATS to let me post,
well then SURELY they'd join my cult! The problem couldn't be that my cult sucks and I'm not charismatic,
it's that these filthy mods keep banning me! So I'll hack the site and shut it all down and elevate myself to superuser."

Crazy people occasionally do wild obsessive 5h1t too.
Also, plenty of white hat hackers out there helping society.

This Ethan/ Josiah/ SE prick is projecting his frustrations of no one wanting to join his cult onto ATS,
and blaming us for the fact that he sucks. He's a raging narcissist so he can't accept that he sucks,
so he thinks it must be us. It's really that simple.

posted on Oct, 22 2023 @ 11:40 AM
link   
I disagree

posted on Oct, 22 2023 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Axe or keyboard

I play a fairly good axe and keyboard.

posted on Oct, 22 2023 @ 11:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: PhageLove
Your family says you were actually in the cub scouts not the military, but ultimately failed to attain the paint by numbers badge. STOLEN VALAR.

Lol, who is that for? Phage is that you? And I thought we were besties? Actually, I really enjoyed Phage's posts.

edit on 22-10-2023 by xtrozero1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2023 @ 11:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: JosiahPastorUnbanned
I disagree

my shocked face.

link   

originally posted by: IsAnyoneThere
I play a fairly good axe and keyboard.

I'm more of a Gibson SG Custom man...

link   

originally posted by: PhageLove

Lol, who is that to? Phage is that you? And I thought we were besties? Actually, I really enjoyed Phages posts.

no, that sure ain't Phage. Just a troll.

posted on Oct, 22 2023 @ 11:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: networkdude

my shocked face.

He did put in more effort than normal, need to give them that...

posted on Oct, 22 2023 @ 11:47 AM
link   

no, that sure ain't Phage. Just a troll.

Phage would say it sharp and witty.

posted on Oct, 22 2023 @ 11:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: dust2023

I find that hard to believe. You are willing to get a murder rap for being hacked? You must have some interesting things on your hard drives.

I'm thinking in terms of locking out a business, stealing all my personal stuff etc. etc. As I said let's apply it to if harm is done. I really do not have anything on my system that if someone locked me out I wouldn't pay a buck to get it back, but I don't like people messing with me, and if someone did that and I was able to find out who they were then the old # around and find out would come into play.

It comes down to if someone is willing to pay the price to do something... right now there is no price to be paid so people just do it.

posted on Oct, 22 2023 @ 11:56 AM
link   

my shocked face.

He did put in more effort than normal, need to give them that...

the thing is, if he just spoke to others like a non-dickface would do, he might do just fine here, but when all he can do is show everyone what an asshole he is with every post by trying to sell his snake oil, it's kind of a turn off.

But I suppose when you spend your days in Bangladesh selling auto warranties to people who don't want or need them, you would be bitter with life too. Shame he didn't stick with the Nigerian Prince grift. I think that one was about to pay off.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join