It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mud Pit is Open For Business

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2023 @ 12:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: margo6044

The people posting where knowledgeable of everything, they were impeccable writers, soo different as today.

I typically posted my OPs to the mud pit even when they fit nicely somewhere else, I just liked the freedom of range that was allowed if my OP went that way.

posted on Oct, 22 2023 @ 12:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: xtrozero1

originally posted by: quintessentone2

The way I saw the mud pit was like a woman going into a strip joint and the men and strippers doing a gang bang on the woman because she wasn't naked.

The last strip joint she would go to, problem fixed...

Not necessarily, some women (people) can get through to the stripers/men that adopt the follower persona because of their need to belong. Once other options are presented and growth happens, they will realize they have better options or groups to join.

posted on Oct, 22 2023 @ 12:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone

Those dorks banned BuzzyWigs as well, lost a few ATS friends to this #.

posted on Oct, 22 2023 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Many bannings did not make sense other than maybe an exchange of PMs to create it that we couldn't see. In the end who the hell are the mods? Maybe a number of them are experienced professionals in RL while others could be living on their parent's couch with the emotional mentality of a 12-year-old.

You never know, do we... Need to do a Las Vegas reunion. I used to do that with an old online crew I was with for a long time. Never met until we had a reunion.

edit on 22-10-2023 by xtrozero1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2023 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: xtrozero1

Yes, I know, me too, especially when it came to politics, but back then when the original mud pit was on it was mostly debating the US and its dying republic, the power of the states, the role of government, It was fascinating, it was this older poster that was as much a patriot as anybody could be.

It was worthy of reading more than posting because you would not want to intrude.

ATS had to terminate the original mud pit, due to the era of 911 and becoming too political, then it was two more boards, one for religion only and one for political only, the owners wanted to keep the ATS as it was intended for UFO and other topics nonpolitical. but it was hard to keep up with tow other boards and they consolidated back into ATS.

Then it became blow out political, it has been since then.

posted on Oct, 22 2023 @ 12:29 PM
link   
I liked AugustusMasonicus. I didnt always see eye to eye, or stood behind the same lines in places, but i respected their substance and charisma. It was raw, alive, educated, humorous and sometimes abrasive. What people hate about others that they cant see about themselves. There were some people i completely disagreed with on here but never thought they should be banned. Thats censorship and fear of a force one may find greater than oneself. Dont punish people for expressing ability you may not possess or envy. Just be better a reply to: alienjuggalo22

posted on Oct, 22 2023 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Then it became blow out political, it has been since then.

But all those other areas were still there. I always assumed people would stick to the areas they liked the most. Remember the 6000+ posts about whether David Blaine's magic was real or not...lol

I kind of feel many areas of ATS that we would call the old ATS side became stale with no new information flowing and just repeats of past topics kicking a dead horse already.

The political side is what has kept ATS actually alive...like it or not.

posted on Oct, 22 2023 @ 12:35 PM
link   
a reply to: xtrozero1

Yes they became stale, since 911, ATS became full blow political and people love it, that is when it grew incredibly.

posted on Oct, 22 2023 @ 12:36 PM
link   
a reply to: alienjuggalo22

so you try to destroy it for others?

from your description, it seems you purposely want to cause trouble, and are back now to get your final kicks in.

Why not just find a different board?

posted on Oct, 22 2023 @ 12:37 PM
link   
a reply to: MoreCoyoteAngels

I mean.... you should know!

posted on Oct, 22 2023 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Gotta love it. Banned members outing themselves on a single thread.
Makes the cleanup a lot easier.

posted on Oct, 22 2023 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Yes they became stale, since 911, ATS became full blow political and people love it, that is when it grew incredibly.

UFOs really didn't get interesting again until a couple of years ago and are dropping off again. 911 was big, Bigfoot died a long time ago, We have the never-ending intelligent design or not crowd, ghost busting was big for a while and so just kind of died in the vine, and so on and so forth.

The internet opened up a treasure trove of knowledge that people had zero access to but after a few decades, it wasn't special anymore...

posted on Oct, 22 2023 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: PepperOnion

Stop PM me with obscenities.

posted on Oct, 22 2023 @ 12:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: IsAnyoneThere

Were they ever gone...

posted on Oct, 22 2023 @ 12:45 PM
link   

"They know not what they do" maybe never did know.

posted on Oct, 22 2023 @ 12:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: quintessentone2

"They know not what they do" maybe never did know.

You know , some folks get a second chance at life, just to waste it again.

posted on Oct, 22 2023 @ 12:48 PM
link   

1.3 million posts are hidden. Maybe the hackers will open them back up. The only thing I feel like I lost was my photo uploads.

I have a few I took from the window outside your bathroom. Tree fiddy each if you want them, otherwise I'll post them in the member photo thread.

posted on Oct, 22 2023 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Just another spoke in the wheel as it turns.

I feel like this place is a garden. It's had the same plants planted in the same spot and not rotated for too long and the soil became devoid and infertile. Now, there seems to be a big "your out of your comfort zone, deal with it, with a large amount of # fertilizer.

Something great can come of this here, and if not here, people great and small will take their ideas somewhere else where their I hate to say the word "allowed" somewhere else without fear or preconceived bans for exorcizing their freedom of beliefs without undue slander but open minds to contemplate the things outside their perspective.

Since all this recent stir up, I've witnessed some people reply some simple truths I'd not seen on this site in ages. And I could find out they stand outside any line I might be behind but the dialog now is refreshing and real, not "this is the reply I'm supposed to or am expected to type to keep the current power structure intact because change is what people fear most. I'll have a drink with the several people I've communicated with here so far and know no matter what difference, we can walk away in the end wanting to hang out again for the discovery of the deeper real purposes we're really after. Everyone wants to be understood, some people just don't know how to go about it, and they need help, not belittlement or insult. I don't want to see this conglomerate group of minds stiffled. Change is your friend, even though it cab make you uncomfortable because the world cannot exactly be 24/7 predictable.

posted on Oct, 22 2023 @ 12:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: N3ONOTS33

I have a few I took from the window outside your bathroom. Tree fiddy each if you want them, otherwise I'll post them in the member photo thread.

I'll trade you yours for mine.

posted on Oct, 22 2023 @ 12:53 PM
link   

I'll trade you yours for mine.

Only if you used the telephoto lens so I can see my pecker.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join