It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CO2 does not cause warming. Now what?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2023 @ 12:44 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

It's quite warm there , a balmy 867°F (464°C).

Yea, but it's a dry heat.

posted on Oct, 17 2023 @ 12:46 PM
link   
a reply to: ColeYounger

posted on Oct, 17 2023 @ 12:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
a reply to: Dfairlite

There is a growing body of empirical and scientific evidence that CO2 cannot and does not cause warming in our atmosphere in any significant manner.

Venus disagrees.

Its gaseous envelope is composed of more than 96 percent carbon dioxide and 3.5 percent molecular nitrogen. Trace amounts of other gases are present, including carbon monoxide, sulfur dioxide, water vapour, argon, and helium
www.britannica.com...

Venus is an entirely different planet with an entirely different Atmospheric history and makeup not mention it's way closer to the sun .

Mate your post are usually very well thought out and intelligent for the most part , What's up with you lately you seem to be tripping over your feet . Calm yourself focus your mind.

posted on Oct, 17 2023 @ 12:51 PM
link   
a reply to: TheValeyard

I remember a story years back about a guy who drove cross-country by stopping at Chinese restaurants and running his car by burning their used fry oil. I wonder what happened to him.

posted on Oct, 17 2023 @ 12:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
a reply to: underpass61

I agree, but new ideas come all the time. Maybe one day someone will find a way to make a car run on water, and not die immediately after.

I know a guy who along with some of his friends designed a fuel system that could burn water combined with a little organic matter. He and his friends sold this patent to Briggs and stratton I think and nothing was ever done by Briggs with that technology. They could not get approval from the government to use the engine in cars because the government said that there is no way to know how much or what organic compounds are in the water because there was no way to control consistancy. They took the car down to DC...drove it actually...but they could not get approval in the USA. Now, they can run that car all day long in a tight garage and it didn't seem to bother anyone...no carbon monoxide. The thing will run off of water out of a pond, but not pure clean water from the tap. Very little organic compounds are in the water, a glass per tank. He still has the car, Briggs just bought the patent and buried it I guess.

Everyone is still alive. I could have gotten a copy of the patent and of how to adapt the engine for this. It does use a special made catalytic converter plus it has to be started on gas till the converter gets hot to vaporize the mixture. I should have brought it home and studied it to see exactly how it works, but I figured I would wait a while...that was ten years ago. I should go get it and copy the plans before he dies. They got a million bucks for that, which he was disappointed that they did not get ten times that...they split it five ways...all mechanics and owners of junk yards/body shops and one engineer friend developed this from combining their knowledges. He told me it is patented and I cannot design anything for sale out of that kind of technology, but I could make my own if I wanted to build one. One drawback, antifreeze in the water won't work, the water can freeze in the gas tank and in the fuel lines. Can only use it three months a year around here.

posted on Oct, 17 2023 @ 12:59 PM
link   

There is a growing body of empirical and scientific evidence that CO2 cannot and does not cause warming in our atmosphere in any significant manner.

Venus disagrees.

Its gaseous envelope is composed of more than 96 percent carbon dioxide and 3.5 percent molecular nitrogen. Trace amounts of other gases are present, including carbon monoxide, sulfur dioxide, water vapour, argon, and helium
www.britannica.com...

it's got nothing to do with how close it is to the sun. In fact, the sun doesn't play any role at all in heating. It's just for reading and junk.
edit on 17-10-2023 by network dude because: Beto, what a stupid name

posted on Oct, 17 2023 @ 01:00 PM
link   
a reply to: IndieA

Yes it's closer to the Sun but even if it was closer to where we are because of the Greenhouse effect created by its predominantly CO2 atmosphere it would still be blisteringly hot , about 440 F (227 C) because CO2 traps heat.
www.astronomy.com...

posted on Oct, 17 2023 @ 01:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: IndieA
a reply to: network dude

Back in the 90's, I had a Sharper Image catalog that featured levitating shoes for $300 that claimed to use nuclear powered batteries that never needed to be replaced.
They were said to be one size fits all, which I thought was odd for shoes.

On the subject of the effects of CO2 on the global temperature, I think we should also be looking at the effects of oxygen on global temperatures, since an increase in plant life on Earth, increases oxygen while decreasing CO2.

Rather than focusing on reducing CO2, maybe we should be focusing on converting it into oxygen by restoring, or at least protecting, our rainforests and oceans.

That is a very bad idea. Increasing oxygen makes things more flammable. See Apollo 1 as an example.

It is pretty much self regulating though. The more trees, more oxygen. More oxygen, more trees burn. More trees burn, more CO2 for trees to grow.

posted on Oct, 17 2023 @ 01:25 PM
link   

We also need to account for the effects of the runaway greenhouse effect that impacted the planet, causing the atmospheric pressure to reach around 92 times that of Earth’s surface, and the fact that Venus likely lost any surface water it had during that runaway greenhouse effect.

posted on Oct, 17 2023 @ 01:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: starviego

originally posted by: PorkChop96
..they care about one thing and one thing only.....

The green that flows from our pockets into theirs.

I would say it's really about exercising more power and control over all of us. With electricity they can track your habits and shut you off with the flick of a switch.

BINGO you win!

posted on Oct, 17 2023 @ 01:29 PM
link   
a reply to: beyondknowledge2

Is the air you breath flammable?

If I increase the oxygen in the air you breath by 5%, does it become flammable?

Fire = Fuel + Heat + Oxygen

edit on 17-10-2023 by IndieA because: comma

posted on Oct, 17 2023 @ 01:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: underpass61
a reply to: network dude

The problem is, so far every alternative solution comes with its own set of unpleasant environmental consequences (no matter how hard TPTB try to hide them).

It's not just electric cars. It's the billions of other consumer electronics that use lithium battery tech.

posted on Oct, 17 2023 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Will Happer is always worth a listen....

posted on Oct, 17 2023 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Oh jeez, they only realize this now. I've always known this to be complete nonsense only used as a tool for their 'green agenda'. Maybe they are aware how many are waking up to their 'green agenda' and they are going to change plans ?
Don't trust them either way, they will F*** us over anyway they can.

posted on Oct, 17 2023 @ 08:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse

originally posted by: network dude
a reply to: underpass61

I agree, but new ideas come all the time. Maybe one day someone will find a way to make a car run on water, and not die immediately after.

I know a guy who along with some of his friends designed a fuel system that could burn water combined with a little organic matter. He and his friends sold this patent to Briggs and stratton I think and nothing was ever done by Briggs with that technology. They could not get approval from the government to use the engine in cars because the government said that there is no way to know how much or what organic compounds are in the water because there was no way to control consistancy. They took the car down to DC...drove it actually...but they could not get approval in the USA. Now, they can run that car all day long in a tight garage and it didn't seem to bother anyone...no carbon monoxide. The thing will run off of water out of a pond, but not pure clean water from the tap. Very little organic compounds are in the water, a glass per tank. He still has the car, Briggs just bought the patent and buried it I guess.

Everyone is still alive. I could have gotten a copy of the patent and of how to adapt the engine for this. It does use a special made catalytic converter plus it has to be started on gas till the converter gets hot to vaporize the mixture. I should have brought it home and studied it to see exactly how it works, but I figured I would wait a while...that was ten years ago. I should go get it and copy the plans before he dies. They got a million bucks for that, which he was disappointed that they did not get ten times that...they split it five ways...all mechanics and owners of junk yards/body shops and one engineer friend developed this from combining their knowledges. He told me it is patented and I cannot design anything for sale out of that kind of technology, but I could make my own if I wanted to build one. One drawback, antifreeze in the water won't work, the water can freeze in the gas tank and in the fuel lines. Can only use it three months a year around here.

It's absolutely criminal how this has been surpressed/bought & burried by our self-serving government

To top it off the geniuses behind that car only got a million

posted on Oct, 17 2023 @ 09:48 PM
link   
If the TPTB can't blame CO2 anymore I guess they will have to go back to blaming cow flatulence for global warming again.

posted on Oct, 17 2023 @ 10:18 PM
link   
a reply to: ancientlight

They had expenses of about a hundred thousand bucks I guess, and of course, they all owed taxes on their share of the rest, split five ways. The government made a bundle on that.

posted on Oct, 18 2023 @ 01:23 AM
link   
a reply to: starviego
This is exactly correct. The TPTB want everything electric and connected (wifi). That way they have real control. Remember, in the near future, you'll have implanted micro-both electro/optical/mechanical devices. They can also be down to the nano-scale.

With nano tech...resistance is futile, you will become a Borg.

That's what the Foresight Institute is trying to stop. But I fear they are far behind, and too late. The MIC are probably way out ahead of them; since they control the real research.

If you're curious about Nano Technology or the Foresight Institute; here's a link for you.
Foresight Institue

ff

posted on Oct, 18 2023 @ 02:27 AM
link   
Mars disagrees with you though. 👌

Venus disagrees.

www.britannica.com...

posted on Oct, 18 2023 @ 02:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: IndieA

Yeah well, how do you factor out the fact that Venus is a lot closer to the Sun, to be able to measure the difference that CO2 amounts account for?

Venus' temperature range was similar to Earth before the mass CO2 releaseses and runaway global warming occured - It became far hotter than Mercury due to the thick CO2 atmosphere created despite Mercury being much closer to the Sun.

In Physics the insulating/greenhouse effect is down to the thermal properties (specific heat capacity, thermal transfer etc....) which proves CO2 is a very good insulator - it would mean all laws of physics and material science was wrong for CO2 not to be a 'greenhouse gas'.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join