It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Names of Harvard Students linked to anti-Israel Statement were Plastered on Mobile Billboards

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2023 @ 07:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Turquosie
a reply to: shooterbrody

I'm not excusing Hamas. I'm saying there is a reason they attacked Israel beyond their inherint anti-semitism. Furthermore, I'm saying we should not be excusing the many deaths of Palestinians because of Hamas' actions.

It's basically one arguement ; Israel's actions doesn't excuse Hamas' terrorism on Israeli civilians and Hamas' actions do not excuse Israel's oppression and killing of Palestinians.

But if you don't examine why this occured, then it will continue to occur. And if Israel's only response is to kill droves of Palestinians and increase opression in the future then no doubt that this will occur again.

Lol you tried so hard to look even-handed.

Then you close with blaming Israel.

Every. Single. Time.

Every. One. Of. You. Does. This. Every. Post.

posted on Oct, 14 2023 @ 01:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: IndieA

originally posted by: AlexandrosTheGreat
Unfortunately, that wouldn’t effect Harvard at all! Their endowment is the second richest entity in the US after the state of California and before the state of New York.

By entity, you mean University or College, right?

No I mean entity as in any organisation at all in the unites states. It goes 1. The state of California 2. Harvard Endowment 3. State of New York 4. The state of Texas 5. The Amazon Co. (I think) and so on.
edit on 10/14/2023 by AlexandrosTheGreat because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2023 @ 10:44 PM
link   
a reply to: cooperton
So , they do recognize Jesus.
Thanks.

posted on Oct, 14 2023 @ 10:46 PM
link   
a reply to: cooperton

People who had homes in the area known as Palestine were forcibly moved to allow Israelites to move into the area

Yes , the Palestinians do try and expand and encroach on Jewish territory as provided in the UN charter.
Good for them to retake it. It is theirs.
edit on 10/14/23 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2023 @ 01:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: IndieA

Unfortunately, that wouldn’t effect Harvard at all! Their endowment is the second richest entity in the US after the state of California and before the state of New York.

By entity, you mean University or College, right?

No I mean entity as in any organisation at all in the unites states. It goes 1. The state of California 2. Harvard Endowment 3. State of New York 4. The state of Texas 5. The Amazon Co. (I think) and so on.

I have a hard time believing that California is even in the green.

I'm going to have to ask for a source.

This says New York is the most in debt of the States and California is 5th.

Debt by State

Additionally, my research tells me that Harvard endowment is worth less than $60 billion, and there are individuals worth more than that.

edit on 15-10-2023 by IndieA because: Added information

posted on Oct, 15 2023 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: AlexandrosTheGreat

What do you think gave you such a false and grandiose perception of Harvard?

posted on Oct, 16 2023 @ 08:14 PM
link   
a reply to: stevieray

Israel deserves blame. And you can still condemn Hamas and Iran too. Israel has abused Palestinians for years and now is killing hundreds of civilians. When Israel has forced Palestinians to live in such conditions, it's not suprising that terrorism will brew. So yes, Israel isn't innocent in all this.

posted on Oct, 17 2023 @ 10:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Turquosie
a reply to: shooterbrody

I think people need to take a step back and remember that lives being lost on either side is a tragedy and the situation is more complex than just blaming one side.

Isn't that what's described in the news article in the OP? (or was that what you were referring to?)

...Harvard students whose organizations signed a statement blaming solely Israel for the deadly attacks by Hamas.

It seems that's the biggest issue people have with it, not just assigning a portion of the blame, but all of it.

Of course, everyone should be held accountable for their own actions, just like you can't blame Israel for the deadly attacks by Hamas, you can't blame Hamas for the deadly attacks (and killing of civilians) by Israel. And you will note, that's exactly what the Israeli war propaganda machine is doing, blaming Hamas for the Palestinian civilians the IDF has killed with their bombardments, cause they argue, Hamas is using them as human shields, so it's Hamas' fault. No, that just means you can't get to them with bombardments, how about some respect for human lives instead of just accepting any amount of so-called "collateral damage" (as if it's unavoidable), not much different* than the way Russia and Assad did things in Syria (leveling whole cities regardless of civilians being held captive in the area by the so-called "freedom fighters")? *: warning people shortly before you bomb an area, doesn't seem to have much effect, as demonstrated by the number of civilian casualties (and I don't think they do it every time, such as when they're responding to a rocket attack).

Talking about civilians being held captive in a war zone for defensive purposes (a questionable tactic if the warmongers don't care anyway, but I guess especially in the West they still have to handle or deal with public opinion), keep in mind that many of the Israeli hostages are still being held captive in the areas bombed by the IDF, so they're bombing their own people as well. Almost as if they don't really care about the lives of these hostages. Perhaps Meja was right:

edit on 18-10-2023 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join