It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ex-Trump Org. executive testifies that Eric Trump led him to inflate values of some properties

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:
(post by RazorV66 removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Oct, 6 2023 @ 11:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Biginpc
What a load. The banks giving the loans assess the value for collateral. Trump nor his sons, lawyers, business partners, friends or associates have any bearing on loan values.

Every time I got a mortgage, the banks did their own appraisal, they did not take any input of value from me or the real estate company. Unless they can prove that Trump bribed the appraiser, there is no case. Banks never take the word of the people getting the loan...it does not matter what you say to them. This is probably why the creditors are not getting involved in this case and it is also why Trump will eventually sue the system and make a bundle off of the government judicial agency that is making these charges.

It is ultimately the responsibility of the Bank that is giving the loan to verify the information given by the person applying for the loan. They have professionals that check the validity of assets. Has Trump actually defaulted on any of these loans before the government started making these charges?

posted on Oct, 7 2023 @ 01:18 AM
link   
edit (I missed post above already noting this inconvenient fact)

Trump doesn't assess his own properties for banks or taxes. By federal law, 3rd party assessors for the bank, and tax assessors have to do that. It doesn't matter what his opinion is on valuation of his properties. They disregard it.

I mean GET REAL

edit on 7-10-2023 by NoCorruptionAllowed because: edit

posted on Oct, 7 2023 @ 01:32 AM
link   
I'm not sure what all the fuss is about Trump. A billionaire business man using the usual dodgy business practices like loopholes or whatever is pretty much par for the course.
Compare this to the Biden corruption which is never addressed and should be seen for what it is. That is, real abuse of political power in full view of the press and American public.
Perhaps people get the leader they deserve.

posted on Oct, 7 2023 @ 06:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

originally posted by: Threadbare
a reply to: JinMI

There's over 100 witnesses. Who's too say they aren't involved?

That said, this case is being tried under Executive Law 63 (12).

James doesn't need to prove damages. She just needs to show a history of fraud.

Witnesses?

I thought there was a summary judgement?

Fraud?

Who's the victim?

See where I'm going with this?

Go look up the tax value on the judges home. Then offer him that amount for his property, if he claims it's worth more than that, he's guilty of fraud as well and should be part of the trial instead of running it. Once the public understands what this is really about, everyone will laugh at the stupidity of the suit.

posted on Oct, 7 2023 @ 07:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Mahogany

I'm confused... isn't the value of a property whatever you want it to be?

I've got a piece of property I wouldn't sell for a million dollars, but my taxes say it's only worth a couple hundred thousand.

What's is value?

posted on Oct, 7 2023 @ 08:18 AM
link   
In truth a property is worth what someone is willing to pay for it. In the last few years I have seen homes in my area, Tennessee, go for double or more, what I thought they were worth. It’s a crazy marketplace.

posted on Oct, 7 2023 @ 09:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: asabuvsobelow
Oooooooh okay I see
So Eric Trump has the secret powers to convince banks of things being what they are not .

You see I keep thinking Banks are pretty good with money and values and accounting and making sure they get a return on their investment.

But no Eric Trump is apparently the Aleister Crowley of Property Values .

Come on Mahogany I've read many of your post mate you are smarter than this you are stronger than this.

Lol.
Yeah I will hard disagree with that last statement.

posted on Oct, 7 2023 @ 09:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: lordcomac
a reply to: Mahogany

I'm confused... isn't the value of a property whatever you want it to be?

I've got a piece of property I wouldn't sell for a million dollars, but my taxes say it's only worth a couple hundred thousand.

What's is value?

Thank you for explaining in simple terms how and why all property valuations are subjective, which completely destroys this entire charade of a case against Trump and his family.

posted on Oct, 7 2023 @ 09:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: OdinsPath
a reply to: asabuvsobelow
Yeah I will hard disagree with that last statement.

Rotflmao!!!

You beat me to it...

posted on Oct, 7 2023 @ 09:53 AM
link   
a reply to: asabuvsobelow

And don't forget, a corrupt biased prosecutor AND judge, using estimates as evidence.

posted on Oct, 7 2023 @ 09:59 AM
link   
I'm trying to understand the damages here. Let's just for a second, think that Mar-A-Largo was worth the same amount of money as the smaller, undeveloped parcel of land next to it... What exactly is the damage? Did Trump skip out on the loan? Did he not pay it back for months on end? Or was the loan fully repaid?

Personally I don't think it was "overvalued" but my opinion means nothing. But there's a ton of absolute nonsense going on here. For one, the Judge. This guy is wringing his hands for his opportunity to "get Trump". He's already denied him his right to a trial by jury. And he's entered a summary judgement before the trial even started.

Then we have the DA. This woman went on national television and claimed she is not "out to get Trump", that is in fact "racist" to make such a claim, and that she in no way campaigned on a platform to "get Trump". There's just one problem, video. There are dozens of videos of James claiming she will do just that. So how is this not a conflict of interest? A judge who's already passed judgement and a DA who is guaranteeing an outcome.

Like him or hate him, what's going on here is concerning. If they can do this to a former, and now front running candidate for President, what can they do to you?

I unfortunately live in this hell hole they call NY. And trust me, what you hear about this state is no where near the full scale of it's corruption. Crime is out of control. I live in the "suburbs" of eastern long island. I grew up here. You would rarely see a police car and NEVER saw a police helicopter. Now it seems like I see one overhead daily. Food, gas, utilities are all skyrocketing still.... even tho the original excuse was COVID. Roads and bridges are is desperate need of repair. Despite what Democrats claim, the job market is stagnant, unless you count part time minimum wage jobs. And all this goes on while our Governor does nothing and our most pressing issue is the overvaluing of property.

posted on Oct, 7 2023 @ 10:11 AM
link   
a reply to: DerekJR321

Executive Law 63 Section 12 is the pertinent law.

I'm tired of posting it. Go look it up.

posted on Oct, 7 2023 @ 10:32 AM
link   

If they are allowed to get away with this, we will NEVER have civil politics in this country again.

It's now 'no holds barred'.

Yay, us.

posted on Oct, 7 2023 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Executive Law 63 Section 12 is the pertinent law.

I'm tired of posting it. Go look it up.

We are tired of you posting it too.

Trump has been doing business in NY for 50 years and only now they seem to be concerned about it?

Abuse of power but you guys know that and are ok with it judging from the raging hard ons you have.

posted on Oct, 7 2023 @ 10:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs

Because it is not a criminal case. Usually there is a criminal trial, someone is found guilty and then they sue for damaages/etc. In civil court.

Like if someone did not pay you back for something.
Like if someone stole from you.
Like if someone told you not to do the correct procedures.

None of this happened.

All of that happened.

In December of 2022 a jury in a criminal trial in the Southern District of New York found the Trump Organization guilty of criminal tax fraud and falsifying tax records over a period of 15 years. The CFO Allen Weisselberg was found guilty personally and spent time at Rikers Island. The State of New York was the victim because they were defrauded out of tax revenue that they should have legitimately received. Essentially, the Trump Organization stole from the State of NY.

www.cnn.com...

This current trial IS the part where a case is being brought against the Trump Organization in civil court.

You should be happy that things are going exactly as you say they should.

posted on Oct, 7 2023 @ 11:04 AM
link   
a reply to: RazorV66

Samuel Little killed people for 50 years before being prosecuted. Should he have been let off the hook for evading the law for so long?

posted on Oct, 7 2023 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Samuel Little killed people for 50 years before being prosecuted. Should he have been let off the hook for evading the law for so long?

Keep up the circle jerk while you can.

Things will change for the better when Trump gets elected, he’ll even help you deranged Libs.

posted on Oct, 7 2023 @ 12:09 PM
link   

If we prosecuted Every Rich person that sidestepped these Tax laws , then Every Politician that you so love and defend would be sitting in a court-room.

Every one of their Billionaire Democrat Donors would be in Jail .

Since your such a Soldier of the " Law " then let's get them all yes ? No mate you cling to the " Law " when it suits you and you ignore it when it doesn't.

posted on Oct, 7 2023 @ 12:22 PM
link   

There was a summary judgment.

The current trial is to determine damages.

In this case, a victim isn't required if the prosecutor can prove a history of fraud.

Damages for who?

Seriously, we all know this was brought to civil court because she had no other way to "get" trump, what a waste of tax payer funds that maybe could have helped with their homelessness, or refugee problem.

If he is guilty of a crime, then take it to criminal court and get a conviction, they cant hence civil court.
edit on 7-10-2023 by Irishhaf because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join