It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nancy Pelosi evicted from private office in the Capitol by interim House speaker

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2023 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Not the first time her stuff has been raided, lol.

posted on Oct, 4 2023 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Lol,
Tantrum.
No speaker, just a temp.
They don’t need an office.

posted on Oct, 4 2023 @ 03:53 PM
link   
So it looks like McCarthy was behind the move to evict Pelosi from her office, and he's the one moving into it.

He's mad that that Democrats he didn't want any help from didn't help him when he didn't want help. And now he's mad. I've seen kids act more maturely than this.

posted on Oct, 4 2023 @ 04:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: stevieray

originally posted by: putnam6

originally posted by: Threadbare
a reply to: putnam6

Let's be fair, it's political sparring and a scummy move. First off, it's tradition that the Speaker Emerita be given an office in the Capitol. Second, McHenry knew that Pelosi was out of the state attending Feinstein's funeral.

He was visibly pissed last night that McCarthy was removed and as a result he's acting like a three year old throwing a tantrum.

As a parent of at one time 4 teenage daughters Im well aware of she did this and that first crap. As someone has mentioned here I said the same WTF when she tore up Trump's agenda at the State of the Union, as when McHenry banged the gavel

the are plenty of other episodes of tantrums and scumminess to go around on both sides

we will only gert above it when we quit reveling in it when it isn't our side

It’s always totally disingenuous when you or anybody else rolls out the old “they all do it and all equally”.
It’s so false it makes the discussion pointless.
You will never find an equivalent of total clowns like Biden, Harris, Pelosi, Schumer, Fetterman, Schiff, Swallwell, Waters, the “squad”, Bowman, Jeffries, Hochul, Whitmer.
These are literally people with all kinds of mental illness and moral emptiness.
You can find a couple here and there in the GOP. Mitch and that dude from NY come to mind.
But equal ? Not in the dimension that we inhabit.

You left out COVICTED CHILD MOLESTER Dennis Hastert, former GOP speaker of the house.
You forgot rep. Boebert. “Champion beeltlejuicer”
You missed Don Trump, guilty of sexual assault.

posted on Oct, 4 2023 @ 04:39 PM
link   

a reply to: watchitburn

You're just jealous that she was able to keep her party made up of a multitude of factions working as a cohesive unit while the GOP seems to lack any leadership and as a result it's various factions are burning it to ground.

Where in history and entertainment alike can we find a unified front of people who actually are good?

posted on Oct, 4 2023 @ 04:41 PM
link   
I like this move.
Republicans need to be playing the same games Democrats are.
It was so vomit worthy to listen to McCarthy talking about negotiation and getting along with Democrats. Trump made this mistake too. There still seems to be this misconception in the Republican party that they are living in times before Obama came along. They haven't woken up to the fact that they are in a street brawl and not in a boxing ring fighting under Queensbury rules.
The sooner they take the gloves off and go after Democrats by any means necessary the better - including stuff like this, which while small, is a symbolic 'no more playing' gesture.
Not one inch should be conceded to Democrats on any issue - even if that means the whole country grinds to a halt. Lancing the boil of these embedded commies is not going to be easy or pleasant.

posted on Oct, 4 2023 @ 04:43 PM
link   
a reply to: spacedoubt

I like it when you attempt to equivocate.

Its adorable.

posted on Oct, 4 2023 @ 05:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

Its adorable.

Thanks!
True they are not even close to equivalent.
Couldn’t find anything milder.

How do you choose who’s poo to fling
While they wait for the return of the tangerine king?

posted on Oct, 4 2023 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Entitled old hag loses office………

posted on Oct, 4 2023 @ 05:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: spacedoubt

Its adorable.

Thanks!

A mirror provides a reflection,
For only those who would see.

Without eyes to gaze,
they continue to graze
On the feed presented to thee!

I like this game.

posted on Oct, 4 2023 @ 05:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: dandandat2

Put her stuff on the curb just like everyone else.

She comes back to a small office with cardboard boxes of her junk stacked up, done deal.

posted on Oct, 4 2023 @ 05:45 PM
link   
McCarthy should have been taken out last spring for removing the debt ceiling until 2025, allowing Biden carte blanche to destroy America.

The fact that Patrick McHenry locked Pelosi out of the closet doesn't mean much too me since he is McCarthy's favored choice to carry on the Unity party agenda.

posted on Oct, 4 2023 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Its adorable.

Thanks!

A mirror provides a reflection,
For only those who would see.

Without eyes to gaze,
they continue to graze
On the feed presented to thee!

I like this game.

Pretty good, you may have to explain it to folks in red hats.

I forgot to mention sex trafficker Tim Nolan.
20 years in prison.
He was Trump’s campaign chairman (Kentucky)
Another perv from the GOP

posted on Oct, 4 2023 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Weiner and Sussman......

Pretty good, you may have to explain it to folks in red hats.

You may have missed the mirror part of the poetic passage.

Oh well, I guess my tact is wasted on swine.

posted on Oct, 4 2023 @ 08:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: VulcanWerks

Let's be fair, it's political sparring and a scummy move. First off, it's tradition that the Speaker Emerita be given an office in the Capitol. Second, McHenry knew that Pelosi was out of the state attending Feinstein's funeral.

He was visibly pissed last night that McCarthy was removed and as a result he's acting like a three year old throwing a tantrum.

Yet you giggle like a little fella whenever DA’s AG’s judges courts and police are weaponized against Trump. That’s a bit of a break from tradition.

But you cry cry cry about a silly little closet and its ownership.

That’s OK nobody expects consistency, only hypocrisy.

What do you say, Stevieray?

What’s an accurate take on the world, in your mind?

One that doesn’t include blatant hypocrisy I suppose.
Especially accompanied by childlike distortion of things in different directions.

Not giving somebody a special office for who knows what - horrible !

Creating a potentially deadly situation by pulling a fire alarm and hiding the exits - hawhawhaw what a clever fella ! Great gag ! Of course he didn’t mean it !

I could give you endless examples from several of you guys, but it’s already annoying enough.

Lots to attempt to unpack here.

Hypocrisy: So you’re stating there’s zero hypocrisy in the “MAGA” crowd? You must be new to politics. I remember my first beer, too.

Office: Honestly, I didn’t even know she had a special office. It’s more-less irrelevant to me. So, yeah… taking away something that is purely symbolic and a show of decent sportsmanship by acting like a pissed off toddler doesn’t really make me say “that guy gets it!”

Fire alarm: Well, maybe he didn’t mean it. I doubt that’s true, and I’d be he knows full well what we did, but can I prove that? Nope. I do think the incident was extremely ill conceived and probably somewhat of a rogue act. It merits investigation, if nothing else for the potential danger it caused.

“You Guys”: Non-dogmatic, open-minded, global thinking, environmentally conscious, etc. people? Yep, I’m one of “you guys”. What am I supposed to be? A dude with TWS who gets all hopped up because the new guy “kicked Pelosi out” of her office? Wait for another self-aggrandizing, nonsensical outburst from Trump that’s just a rinse and repeat of his last statements and go “YA! DJT!! ‘MERICA!”? Not a chance - the guy is a narcissist with dark triad tendencies. He’s also a pathological liar (no different than Biden - or most politicians, btw) but you just like his lies better. No, I’m not a fan and yes I see it for what it is.

What MAGA made me realize - firmly galvanized by Trump supporters - was that I’m not all that conservative. A free market capitalist? Absolutely - unashamed. A pragmatist, largely? Sure. Gun nut? Don’t own one. “Religious”? Nope - not in the formalized religious sense.

MAGA supporters made me realize that I grew up thinking I was a Republican, and I was, in an extremely liberal college town. But at a national scale? No way. Not even close to the MAGA crowd. Interacting with some MAGA family members is actually hard because while I respect their right to their own way of life, they are so closed minded, not thinking forward, and have a very limited perspective from which they view “the world” because their world is small and simple. My world is large and complex, so, I like the simple when I can. But the world isn’t simple. So simple thinking isn’t going to do much for us at the global level - or even national. Too many complexities.

The icing on this cake is kind of a silly one, but symbolic of where I said “adios” to believing I’m a “conservative/GOP/MAGA/Republican” crowd.

I’m a car guy. I collect cars. I work on them myself. They are all “foreign” - German, British and Japanese. Some of them are rare, some are very fast. My extended “MAGA” family members are also “car guys” big time - Big v8s and burnouts are macho kind of car guys. Being I just love cars, and have worked on them since I was a kid with my dad, I appreciate their labor/work/enthusiasm/etc. Meanwhile, they cannot stand the “foreign” cars. “Just a pavement princess”. Literally won’t sit in any of mine. Okie dokie. I couldn’t care less about their thoughts on my collection, but what I learned is they are extremely closed minded, see the world one way, and dogmatically follow “the way” their family always have. Literally, my cars are foreign to them. As a guy who started out his car wrenching on Mustangs and Corvettes, I found what I like more. Their brain literally cannot compute how I would get to where I am, or like the things I do, or the perspective I have that they simply have never experienced at all - and dislike it just because it’s “the way”. Zero curiosity.

So no, I’m not MAGA, and I’m apparently one of “you guys”.

Fine by me, you can have MyPillow guy, all day.

posted on Oct, 4 2023 @ 08:21 PM
link   

As a parent of at one time 4 teenage daughters Im well aware of she did this and that first crap. As someone has mentioned here I said the same WTF when she tore up Trump's agenda at the State of the Union, as when McHenry banged the gavel

the are plenty of other episodes of tantrums and scumminess to go around on both sides

It’s always totally disingenuous when you or anybody else rolls out the old “they all do it and all equally”.
You will never find an equivalent of total clowns like Biden, Harris, Pelosi, Schumer, Fetterman, Schiff, Swallwell, Waters, the “squad”, Bowman, Jeffries, Hochul, Whitmer.
These are literally people with all kinds of mental illness and moral emptiness.
You can find a couple here and there in the GOP. Mitch and that dude from NY come to mind.

You left out COVICTED CHILD MOLESTER Dennis Hastert, former GOP speaker of the house.
You forgot rep. Boebert. “Champion beeltlejuicer”
You missed Don Trump, guilty of sexual assault.

I thought Stevie told us MAGA has zero hypocrisy?

So unless Stevie is willing to say MAGA is different than the Republican Party, it appears we have discovered hypocrisy…

posted on Oct, 4 2023 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Biden: Figurehead
Harris: Purely to get votes for Biden.
Pelosi: Figurehead with gravitas and more-less immunity.
Schumer: similar to Pelosi.

Schiff is where it starts to get weird. But, they are all playing a role. That’s what you’re missing, I suspect. Forget about terms like crazy - they are playing their part.

Ever notice how the minute a politician doesn’t seem useful they fall off the radar for media coverage almost immediately? There you go.

It’s also the dimension YOU inhabit, btw. Said differently, the reality you do and have experienced lead you to the “we” comment assuming we all have the same experiences and lives realities. We don’t. But now we’re moving into a discussion around time, consciousness, perspective and more - which goes well beyond the scope of this thread.

You also make the assumption that if we don’t do it the way that fits your paradigm (not ours) then it’s wrong. Maybe it is. Maybe it isn’t. We won’t know for a while. Do I love all of the “change”? Not always. But am I going to stop engaging it? No. It’s life. It’s new perspective. Assuming none of that will produce positives with lack of specific long-term data is foolish. And an 18 month period isn’t “the long term”.

Careful with using absolutes.

posted on Oct, 4 2023 @ 10:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Mahogany

He is nothing but a kid.

posted on Oct, 5 2023 @ 03:19 AM
link   
Nancy Pelosi is horrible.

This move is a juvenile petty attempt at some form of vengeance.

Top it all off, she's out of DC at a funeral of a friend.

Petty.

posted on Oct, 5 2023 @ 03:23 AM
link   
No idea or indication that it's accurate:

DC Rumor Scoop:

Were you surprised to hear Kevin McCarthy let Pelosi and Hoyer keep their exclusive hideaway offices?

Well I’m hearing it was b/c he bad a secret deal with Pelosi where she guaranteed enough Democrat votes for KM if a Motion to Vacate ever came up

Pelosi backstabbed him and didn’t give KM the votes, so McHenry retaliated by forcing Pelosi and Hoyer out of those offices

This is what happens when you make deals with the devils!

twitter.com...

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join