It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nancy Pelosi evicted from private office in the Capitol by interim House speaker

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2023 @ 10:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6

originally posted by: Threadbare
a reply to: putnam6

Let's be fair, it's political sparring and a scummy move. First off, it's tradition that the Speaker Emerita be given an office in the Capitol. Second, McHenry knew that Pelosi was out of the state attending Feinstein's funeral.

He was visibly pissed last night that McCarthy was removed and as a result he's acting like a three year old throwing a tantrum.

As a parent of at one time 4 teenage daughters Im well aware of she did this and that first crap. As someone has mentioned here I said the same WTF when she tore up Trump's agenda at the State of the Union, as when McHenry banged the gavel

the are plenty of other episodes of tantrums and scumminess to go around on both sides

we will only gert above it when we quit reveling in it when it isn't our side

It’s always totally disingenuous when you or anybody else rolls out the old “they all do it and all equally”.
It’s so false it makes the discussion pointless.
You will never find an equivalent of total clowns like Biden, Harris, Pelosi, Schumer, Fetterman, Schiff, Swallwell, Waters, the “squad”, Bowman, Jeffries, Hochul, Whitmer.
These are literally people with all kinds of mental illness and moral emptiness.
You can find a couple here and there in the GOP. Mitch and that dude from NY come to mind.
But equal ? Not in the dimension that we inhabit.
edit on 4-10-2023 by stevieray because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2023 @ 10:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: VulcanWerks

originally posted by: stevieray

Let's be fair, it's political sparring and a scummy move. First off, it's tradition that the Speaker Emerita be given an office in the Capitol. Second, McHenry knew that Pelosi was out of the state attending Feinstein's funeral.

He was visibly pissed last night that McCarthy was removed and as a result he's acting like a three year old throwing a tantrum.

Yet you giggle like a little fella whenever DA’s AG’s judges courts and police are weaponized against Trump. That’s a bit of a break from tradition.

But you cry cry cry about a silly little closet and its ownership.

That’s OK nobody expects consistency, only hypocrisy.

What do you say, Stevieray?

What’s an accurate take on the world, in your mind?

One that doesn’t include blatant hypocrisy I suppose.
Especially accompanied by childlike distortion of things in different directions.

Not giving somebody a special office for who knows what - horrible !

Creating a potentially deadly situation by pulling a fire alarm and hiding the exits - hawhawhaw what a clever fella ! Great gag ! Of course he didn’t mean it !

I could give you endless examples from several of you guys, but it’s already annoying enough.
edit on 4-10-2023 by stevieray because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2023 @ 10:57 AM
link   

I'm just replying to your OP, I didn't read the pages of replies.

But yeah it's true, she was out of the office last night, before midnight.

She's in California for the funeral of Diane Feinstein, so Hakeem Jeffries' staff moved the Pelosi office into a new one while she's gone.

posted on Oct, 4 2023 @ 10:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
a reply to: Annee

Once again....

What Nancy did was rude, nasty and unnecessary, but the Left thought it was great.

Nancy gets kicked out of her office and NOW you have a problem with rude and nasty ?

Typical double standards.

So, typical 3-year-old behavior.

"If you do this to me, I'm gonna do this to you".

(post by stevieray removed for a manners violation)

posted on Oct, 4 2023 @ 11:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

Once again....

What Nancy did was rude, nasty and unnecessary, but the Left thought it was great.

Nancy gets kicked out of her office and NOW you have a problem with rude and nasty ?

Ah, now you read minds. Can tell us what folks are thinking.
How about Nancy’s tantrum and ripping up the speech was the single most embarrassing spectacle in DC history (until “Fire” Bowman).

AND giving out special little like perks like extra offices is also stupid ? Maybe the new guy brings a shocking bit of no-more-petty-favors ?
Horrid, I know …..

posted on Oct, 4 2023 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Nailed it.

McHenry off to a JV/juvenile start. Classy.

The MAGA implosion continues. When do we get rid of Gaetz?

Lol, MAGA implosion ??

Anybody who actually saw what happened, saw Gaetz and MAGA curb-stomp the RINOs, dems, and inner circle. Took out a huge chunk of their sneaky little double-dealing machine.

You’ve got to stop just making stuff up, to make yourself feel better.

Okie dokie.

I have very few feelings about politics. Feelings are what get people in trouble.

McCarthy wasn’t a strong leader, but he did politic things reasonably well. That said, I wasn’t a huge fan of his - largely because he seemed ineffective and not in control as I would have expected.

Then again, didn’t it take something like 18 votes to confirm him?

Ironically, you have demonstrated why MAGA is dead and unelectable. You’re angry and emotional. Anger is among, if not the, most basic and primal of the human emotions. The “left” lives rent-free in your head. MAGA lost in 2020, they didn’t do so hot at the mid-terms, and now Trump is flailing and Gaetz will be ousted as well.

Labeling someone a RINO because you think “MAGA” is the Republican Party only further pushes the GOP into irrelevance. How can that be!? Well, MAGA went caveman and decided to fight fire with fire - ya! Only they missed the fact they were baited into it, and have been on a massive losing streak since.

Trump is no messiah. He is not a god. He is not your only hope (and I can’t say “our” because I know he’s not my only hope). But he has brainwashed a lot of people into believing America will “be like it was”. No it won’t, but, nothing stays the same - nothing.

Icing on the cake? Because I don’t hang on Trump’s proverbial sack, MAGA says “you’re not republican!”

Im certainly not a “MAGA” Republican, no. In fact, I’m done with the GOP after Trump. MAGA has corrupted and co-opted the GOP. How have the last few elections gone? Hmmm…

If folks want to keep in line with the MyPillow guy, their choice - it’s just not a very strategic one at all.

CNN got it right on one thing - small dollar donations are killing the GOP because it comes from MAGA supporters who have no field vision and are 100% brainwashed in to TWS - Trump Worship Syndrome.

Sadly, ongoing losing should be the antidote to TWS. Unfortunately, misery loves company.

edit on 4-10-2023 by VulcanWerks because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-10-2023 by VulcanWerks because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2023 @ 11:12 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

LOL! You win the internet today!

posted on Oct, 4 2023 @ 11:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mahogany

I'm just replying to your OP, I didn't read the pages of replies.

But yeah it's true, she was out of the office last night, before midnight.

She's in California for the funeral of Diane Feinstein, so Hakeem Jeffries' staff moved the Pelosi office into a new one while she's gone.

What’s funny about her being out of town was that she had promised to whip up the dem votes to protect McCarthy in this exact scenario. In exchange for McCarthy’s fealty of course. His slavish slobbering promise to support dems more than repubs.

Looks like Gaetz caught them flat footed. You can hate him all your little heart desires, but he whipped a$$ on this particular night. No alternative realities will change this.

posted on Oct, 4 2023 @ 11:18 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Oct, 4 2023 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Nailed it.

McHenry off to a JV/juvenile start. Classy.

The MAGA implosion continues. When do we get rid of Gaetz?

Lol, MAGA implosion ??

Anybody who actually saw what happened, saw Gaetz and MAGA curb-stomp the RINOs, dems, and inner circle. Took out a huge chunk of their sneaky little double-dealing machine.

You’ve got to stop just making stuff up, to make yourself feel better.

Okie dokie.

I have very few feelings about politics. Feelings are what get people in trouble.

McCarthy wasn’t a strong leader, but he did politic things reasonably well. That said, I wasn’t a huge fan of his - largely because he seemed ineffective and not in control as I would have expected.

Then again, didn’t it take something like 18 votes to confirm him?

Ironically, you have demonstrated why MAGA is dead and unelectable. You’re angry and emotional. Anger is among, if not the, most basic and primal of the human emotions. The “left” lives rent-free in your head. MAGA lost in 2020, they didn’t do so hot at the mid-terms, and now Trump is flailing and Gaetz will be ousted as well.

Labeling someone a RINO because you think “MAGA” is the Republican Party only further pushes the GOP into irrelevance. How can that be!? Well, MAGA went caveman and decided to fight fire with fire - ya! Only they missed the fact they were baited into it, and have been on a massive losing streak since.

Trump is no messiah. He is not a god. He is not your only hope (and I can’t say “our” because I know he’s not my only hope). But he has brainwashed a lot of people into believing America will “be like it was”. No it won’t, but, nothing stays the same - nothing.

Icing on the cake? Because I don’t hang on Trump’s proverbial sack, MAGA says “you’re not republican!”

Im certainly not a “MAGA” Republican, no. In fact, I’m done with the GOP after Trump. MAGA has corrupted and co-opted the GOP. How have the last few elections gone? Hmmm…

If folks want to keep in line with the MyPillow guy, their choice - it’s just not a very strategic one at all.

CNN got it right on one thing - small dollar donations are killing the GOP because it comes from MAGA supporters who have no field vision and are 100% brainwashed in to TWS - Trump Worship Syndrome.

Sadly, ongoing losing should be the antidote to TWS. Unfortunately, misery loves company.

I don’t know anybody with TWS. I readily admit things he got wrong, in this thread as a matter of fact.

I only know people who point out things he did very well in the WH, and how Biden has literally done nothing well.

I guess you can keep describing this as “worship”, free speech and all that.

But it’s just as honest and accurate as Gaetz / MAGA “implosion” where they actually won hugely.

posted on Oct, 4 2023 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Why does she deserve it in the first place?

posted on Oct, 4 2023 @ 11:23 AM
link   

As a parent of at one time 4 teenage daughters Im well aware of she did this and that first crap. As someone has mentioned here I said the same WTF when she tore up Trump's agenda at the State of the Union, as when McHenry banged the gavel

the are plenty of other episodes of tantrums and scumminess to go around on both sides

It’s always totally disingenuous when you or anybody else rolls out the old “they all do it and all equally”.
You will never find an equivalent of total clowns like Biden, Harris, Pelosi, Schumer, Fetterman, Schiff, Swallwell, Waters, the “squad”, Bowman, Jeffries, Hochul, Whitmer.
These are literally people with all kinds of mental illness and moral emptiness.
You can find a couple here and there in the GOP. Mitch and that dude from NY come to mind.

All the RINOS Graham, Romney, etc.?

I like Rand Paul and Tim Burchett on UAPs otherwise most Ive heard

most of them are azzhats, just some of them are you kind of azzhats...

posted on Oct, 4 2023 @ 11:27 AM
link   

a reply to: Salamandy

Nancy threw her little tantrum in front of the entire nation, so I'm waiting for our Leftist friends to tell me how this is any different than what she did.

For one thing, managing what they do with offices is actually operations and organizational. Real business issues.
Can’t really say the same for an insane display of kindergarten behavior by a 75 year old national leader on live national TV.

posted on Oct, 4 2023 @ 11:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

It does not.
They know this.
Defend bamn is the play.

posted on Oct, 4 2023 @ 11:32 AM
link   

All the RINOS Graham, Romney, etc.?

I like Rand Paul and Tim Burchett on UAPs otherwise most Ive heard

most of them are azzhats, just some of them are you kind of azzhats...

The people I listed are actual retarded folk who do retarded things.

I despise Romney snd Graham too. But they’re not as mentally handicapped, just dishonest and shifty and shady and always cheating like Biden & Co.

posted on Oct, 4 2023 @ 11:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Pretty sure she was just angling for some political benefit when she agreed to go back to the “the little people” reps, and not be minority leader.
But she definitely needs a special office and staff to plot and plan how she would get the gavel back.

posted on Oct, 4 2023 @ 01:33 PM
link   
has she screamed about whiteness racism against her?

posted on Oct, 4 2023 @ 01:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

Once again....

It’s always the people who do something lowdown and dirty first that use this “logic”.

It’s bully logic.

posted on Oct, 4 2023 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Yes, that's exactly right.

Why is it ok for the Left to pull as many underhanded things and you cheer them on, but let them get a taste of their own medicine and you guys start whining ?

Payback's a bitch innit ?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join