It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democrat Congressman Pulls U.S. House Fire Alarm to Derail Budget Negotiations.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2023 @ 03:22 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 1 2023 @ 03:35 AM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

No not idiots not even retard or being represented by ant i hardcore American leaders that hate Americans that want to better the American people.

posted on Oct, 1 2023 @ 03:52 AM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

MIM do you have relatives that speak English more often that not that you could talk to more often just to keep your english even just a bit more?
Sometimes it's extremely difficult to understand ya. But generally speaking we get what you are attempting to say.

I don't really have much to add besides that this whole situation is very...umm interestingly funny.

posted on Oct, 1 2023 @ 05:51 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

He was a principle for ten years and has no concept on how a fire alarm works. What a crock of BS.

posted on Oct, 1 2023 @ 05:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: imitator

Bowman took down the Emergency Exit signs before pulling the fire alarm handle. What was the reason for removing the signs?

If nothing appropriate happens to Bowman, Some high-profile civilian needs to go pull that fire-alarm handle, and demand the same "forgiveness".

Has that been proven yet?
I've not seen a shred of evidence to support that.
Now I don't think he made a mistake but I do know he wanted this to pass so...maybe he was on some herb and forgot? Probably not but the removal of signs then to pull that would become a far more serious crime.

posted on Oct, 1 2023 @ 05:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Tarzan the apeman.

Pulling a fire alarm should open all doors.

I do believe that is protocol set by the marshals.

edit on 1-10-2023 by Stopstealingmycountry because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2023 @ 06:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Stopstealingmycountry

Someone should tell Bowman. He had no reason to pull that alarm. Ignorance of the law is no excuse.

edit on 1-10-2023 by Tarzan the apeman. because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2023 @ 06:07 AM
link   

Oh I think if someone is that....umm dumb they probably and most definitely not be in the position he is in. If he did so on purpose then I fully expect his bum to be held to many charged but I'm no expert on the law but if I did that at that place and time I would be put in prison. If it was truly an accident which I kinda doub,t he should be removed and well honestly I don't know what charges he should face.
But he needs to step down because of at the very least ignorant behavior and a lack of self awareness of emergency use outlets.
What he did be it any way was weak and dumb.
Still funny but dumb.

edit on 1-10-2023 by Stopstealingmycountry because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2023 @ 06:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Mahogany

He knows what a fire alarm looks like . He was the principal of a school. Not buying his excuse or apology he knew what he was doing.

posted on Oct, 1 2023 @ 06:34 AM
link   
twitter.com... 31441aff81e5a1e520afc168040c454%7Ctwcon%5Es3_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Ftheconservativetreehouse.com%2Fblog%2F2023%2F09%2F30%2Frep-jamaal-bowman-d-ny-pull s-fire-alarm-in-house-attempting-to-stall-vote-on-stop-gap-spending-measure%2F And the clowns play on.....

posted on Oct, 1 2023 @ 06:38 AM
link   
Acted to stop an official proceeding by implementing a false fire alarm that could have lead to panic? Seems that should be some sort of felony? Maybe even insurrection?

posted on Oct, 1 2023 @ 06:41 AM
link   
a reply to: WhatItIs

Why would he want to delay the vote on something he was in favor for? Also, it was in the Cannon Building not the Capitol, so how would it delay the vote?

Is he an idiot? Yes. But let's not lie about what actually happened.

posted on Oct, 1 2023 @ 06:41 AM
link   

Code of the District of Columbia
§ 22–1319. False alarms and false reports; hoax weapons.

(a) It shall be unlawful for any person or persons to willfully or knowingly give a false alarm of fire within the District of Columbia, and any person or persons violating the provisions of this subsection shall, upon conviction, be deemed guilty of a misdemeanor and be punished by a fine not more than the amount set forth in § 22-3571.01 or by imprisonment for not more than 6 months, or by both such fine and imprisonment. Prosecutions for violation of the provisions of this subsection shall be on information filed in the Superior Court of the District of Columbia by the Office of the Attorney General for the District of Columbia.

code.dccouncil.gov...#:~:text=(a)%20It%20shall%20be%20unlawful,more%20than%20the%20amount%20set

posted on Oct, 1 2023 @ 06:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Threadbare
a reply to: WhatItIs

But let's not lie about what actually happened.

Like Russia Trump Collusion?

Like Hunter’s laptop was Russian Disinformation?

What is the truth?

Why pull the fire alarm in the first place?
edit on 1-10-2023 by WhatItIs because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2023 @ 06:48 AM
link   
Unfortunately , the alarms are not wired to the sprinkler system.

posted on Oct, 1 2023 @ 07:07 AM
link   
a reply to: sine.nomine
Wouldn’t taking down exit signs be understood as a way to further endanger the people running for the exits ? Get everybody turned around, stacked up, stampeding over top of each other ?
This is “shouting ‘fire’ in a crowded theater” X 1000.

As was said already, what a clear but pitiful example of the jagoff retarded a-holes that own the democrat party today.

Not even our local smurfs know what to say about it. Layin low, clamming up.

posted on Oct, 1 2023 @ 07:07 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

This is like yelling fire in a cinema with extra steps on tops. The guy should be prosecuted and thrown the book at.

posted on Oct, 1 2023 @ 07:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Stopstealingmycountry

No it does not work like that. Also emergency doors often, if not by law in most countries, have to be self opening from the inside. You just run against them and rip on the handle once or twice and they open. Or the ones where you have to push something aside that will then automatic trigger the alarm. The former are called panic locks and I had to install such in my own building.

There are reasons there are special emergency exits though. One being because air fuels fire and the 1st advice in any fire is keep the doors and windows closed much as possible, to not bring more oxygen to the fire, making it worse. Someone opening a window in between the fire and the emergency exit could make everyone behind trapped.

posted on Oct, 1 2023 @ 07:14 AM
link   
a reply to: stevieray
Woops spoke too soon.

The incomprehensible nonsense grade school posts have arrived.

If there was ever an incident where even the least competent among us could say “I have no excuse to offer on this one”, this would be it.

But noooo, can’t have that. Must have babies being babyish all over the floor. Our own little group of Bowmans.

posted on Oct, 1 2023 @ 07:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Stopstealingmycountry

I do believe that is protocol set by the marshals.

Well, you managed to be about 100 % ass backwards lol.
Fire alarm system releases magnetic locks on hold-opens, thereby closing almost all.the doors, especially on corridors.

It controls the spread of the fire, especially through long narrow spaces that would act like a chimney.

Elevators also shut down for the same reason.

ATS is a special place where people who know so little, talk so much.
edit on 1-10-2023 by stevieray because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join