It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Abandoned Secret Society Compound in the Appalachian Mountains - Happy Halloween!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2023 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Hey mate I lived in that area for a long time...I have never heard of that place nor the story. I really enjoyed the video
& was surprised how well the houses are still pretty much in shape. Of course things were built better then.

I think we took a few photos of our Rock Band at Cades Cove in the 70s. Does it have a water fall? Railroad tracks near by?
We took a few standing above a waterfall & the band was "Infinity" so we took an infinity photo with us on the
railroad tracks that kept going on... Thank you so much for sharing that history. My family is from that area & I will
pass the info on to them. They all probably no about it too. I'm a foodie & will look into that restaurant!

Cheers
Ektar

posted on Oct, 1 2023 @ 12:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: esteay812
a reply to: Gothmog

You'll really like it. I'd suggest eating lunch or dinner at a place called "The Snoring Bear," you'll thank me for the recommendation afterwards, 😂.

Quote to remember this.

posted on Oct, 1 2023 @ 01:26 AM
link   
a reply to: esteay812

I am curios what is that in the bedroom at about 1.30 minutes.

It looks like gollum and it is moving.

Not sure if it is a silent joke.

posted on Oct, 1 2023 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Ektar

Glad you enjoyed it. Cades Cove does have a waterfall, but its a decent hike to get to it. There are tons of waterfalls in that are, but I think I know where you were at. It's on the same toad as Cades Cove. It's called "Middle Prong Trail". There are quite a few falls on the trail and the trail itself was originally a logging railroad track. There are still RR beams visible on the trail after all these years.

Here is a winter video I did of the Middle Prong several years ago. It leads to a beautiful waterfall called "Indian Flats Waterfall"

Also, the Snoring Bear restaurant has delicious food. Its a very small place and has a pretty cool story too. I wont spoil it, but if you ever get there, ask the owner or head cook about why he opened it.

]

posted on Oct, 1 2023 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a reply to: robsmith

Its just a visual effect of a creepy ghost girl. Part of the halloween theme of the video. There are quite a few easter eggs like that in there. When you hear the "kill, kill, kill, ma,ma,ma" sound an easter eggs is about to be shown somewhere on the screen.

posted on Oct, 1 2023 @ 02:04 PM
link   
I'm a goofball. Sorry for the delay in replying to some of your comments. I kept refreshing the page to see new comments, but didn't notice a page 2 had opened, 😂. I just thought no one has replied in a few hours.

posted on Oct, 1 2023 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Halloween is on the 31st, that's almost a month away.

Stop turning every occasion into a freaking month long 'season'

posted on Oct, 1 2023 @ 06:38 PM
link   
a reply to: ziplock9000

😂 when do you put decorations out? The 31st?

Just so you know, the video stays on youtube year round. I wont be taking it down on November 1st or closing the thread on the 1st. I don't understand why people are so sensitive about how other people celebrate holidays. No one is forcing you to celebrate them any other way than you want to, so why try to tell people to celebrate your way?

edit on 1-10-2023 by esteay812 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2023 @ 04:07 AM
link   
This is a great video. I am in wales uk but really enjoyed it. Thank you

posted on Oct, 2 2023 @ 08:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Dekiri1957

Thanks, I'm glad you liked it. I'd always wanted to visit your region. Hopefully I get too before in too old.

posted on Oct, 2 2023 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Has a familiar feel to many video games I've played.

Very well done. Beautiful scenary. Tennessee is on my national bucket list. Insha'Allah.

posted on Oct, 2 2023 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Howdy neighbor! I too live in the Smoky's ( Well the foothills anyway ) Blount county TN. Love me some Daisy town.

posted on Oct, 2 2023 @ 10:11 AM
link   
a reply to: CoyoteAngels

It does. This particular day felt really creepy to me for some reason. Probably because it was so early and no one was anywhere around yet. Gave me the idea to turn it into a bit of a Halloween video.

I hope you get to visit soon, I'm sure you'll have a great time.
edit on 2-10-2023 by esteay812 because: Tyops

posted on Oct, 2 2023 @ 10:16 AM
link   
a reply to: SituationNAFU

I live in Blount Co. too. Closer to the Sevier Co line. I always take the back road by Heritage High School up the river to get to Townsend.

Have you ever been to that little restaurant called "The Snoring Bear"? I mentioned it earlier. Anyway. Just a random thought. But yeah, Daisy Town is one of my favorite spots up there. . . and Middle Prong Trail up to Indian Flats. Easy hike and a nice way to spend a morning

posted on Oct, 2 2023 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Im sure I will. I like good old style country music and bluegrass. Not pop country if you know what I mean.

posted on Oct, 2 2023 @ 11:03 AM
link   
a reply to: CoyoteAngels

I do know what you mean 😉

They do several festivals with that type of performance every year. Such a cool area to visit. There really is something for everyone.

posted on Oct, 2 2023 @ 05:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: esteay812
I live in the Appalachian Mountains, specifically the Smoky Mountains. I love going to the mountains and learning about the history of the region, then sharing that with you all on here. I usually do the car shows in the area and popular hiking trails, but this story is one of my favorites.

I was chatting with a Ranger while I was visiting Daisy Town and he mentioned something that caught my attention. He said, "The Appalachian Club was basically a secret society of that time." I thought about the comment and realized he's most likely right. Everything about the private club resembles a Secret Society. Kinda like a club for the really rich and powerful with a secret agenda from the most elite and powerful members.

This video tells a story of this town, the private membership club and how it collapsed.

I hope you have about 10 minutes to spare to watch my video. I made it in a Halloween theme for you all here. I'm no Scorcese by any means, more like the Ed Wood of youtube,
so it's kinda corny, but it's in good nature.

I have hidden quite a few Halloween Easter Eggs in the video and some of them are hard to find. I did leave you all an audio que. When you hear "kill-kill-kill, ma-ma-ma" you'll know there is about to be one shown sometime in the next 15 seconds, with a climax at the end. The first one is just after the turkey, on the right of the bridge in the beginning. Comment and tell me which ones you found.

I hope y'all enjoy it and thanks for sharing your time to watch it. I don't make any money from youtube or anything, it's just a hobby for me.

S+F just for shear effort and goodwill

posted on Oct, 2 2023 @ 06:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Saloon

I would also love to live in an abandoned and forgotten area.
It seems the more lost it is, the better because fewer know.

posted on Oct, 2 2023 @ 08:01 PM
link   
a reply to: rigel4

Thanks!

posted on Oct, 2 2023 @ 08:02 PM
link   
a reply to: ADVISOR

Without a doubt. Would love to have about a thousand acres in the mountains with a small house right in the middle of it! 😂

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join