It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Georgia co-defendant pleads guilty and becomes the first to flip

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2023 @ 06:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Threadbare
a reply to: Gothmog

This is a state case. It won't go to the 5th Circuit on appeals. All attempts to remove the case to federal court have failed and now the deadline to do so has passed.

Everyone is allowed to file an appeal .
Not needed, yet.
edit on 9/30/23 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2023 @ 07:14 AM
link   

a reply to: network dude

He devised and enacted a plan to defraud the people of Georgia through illegal means.

see, that's the part that seems a bit murky for me. I don't understand where the "illegal" part is at. Could you explain to me what part was illegal so we can all be on the same page.

posted on Sep, 30 2023 @ 07:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

This is a state case. It won't go to the 5th Circuit on appeals. All attempts to remove the case to federal court have failed and now the deadline to do so has passed.

Everyone is allowed to file an appeal .
Not needed, yet.

Even Cracker Jack lawyers know that everyone is entitled to an appeal if found guilty.
I’ve had this conversation with Threadbare before, they seem to think that Trump will not get any appeals.

posted on Sep, 30 2023 @ 07:29 AM
link   
a reply to: RazorV66
Yeah.

posted on Sep, 30 2023 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Exactly they know most can't afford lawyers and the whole Justice System
is Wrecked at this point in time.
Justice is a thing of the past with Biden in charge of this Country.
Were all Damned to Hell as a Country.
a reply to: JinMI

posted on Sep, 30 2023 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Yes. But state cases don't get appealed to the federal appellate court. They get appealed to the state appellate court.

posted on Sep, 30 2023 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Illegally accessing voting machines. Illegally having people file false documents to the government. Illegally trying to coerce government officials act outside their duties.

posted on Sep, 30 2023 @ 09:44 AM
link   
a reply to: RazorV66

Everyone is able to file an appeal but there's no guarantee the appellate court will hear the case. If you can't demonstrate there was some form of procedural misconduct then the appellate court will reject the case.

However, that had no bearing on the current conversation which is that the Fulton County case would be appealed to the 5th Circuit, which is completely false. The 5th Circuit is a federal appellate court. This is a state case.

posted on Sep, 30 2023 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Illegally accessing voting machines. Illegally having people file false documents to the government. Illegally trying to coerce government officials act outside their duties.

OK, that sounds a lot like what I described. Looking forward to the trial.

ETA: so when you describe an action, if you put "illegal" in front of the action, it makes that action illegal. Brilliant! I thought your illegal post was very informative.
edit on 30-9-2023 by network dude because: Beto, what a stupid name

posted on Sep, 30 2023 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Yes. But state cases don't get appealed to the federal appellate court. They get appealed to the state appellate court.

Interesting - wasn't Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter freed on appeal by a Federal Judge, Lee Sarokin, in 1985?
Carter bypassed the NJ State Courts.
edit on 30-9-2023 by RonnieJersey because: grammar

posted on Sep, 30 2023 @ 01:26 PM
link   
(Sorry - it posted twice?)
edit on 30-9-2023 by RonnieJersey because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2023 @ 03:33 PM
link   
A grievous usurpation of the justice system, and fools laud and cheer at the crumbling of men. Boot lickers be damned

posted on Oct, 1 2023 @ 02:05 AM
link   

Thats funny,because the lawyers had invitations to look at and examine the machines. They kept the e mails incase soem crap like this went on apparently.

posted on Oct, 1 2023 @ 04:51 AM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

Hampton doesn't have the authority to circumvent the law and let unauthorized individuals access data contained on voting machines. That, and the fact that Team Trump was in contact with her prior to the "invitation," is why she finds herself as a co-defendant in this trial.

posted on Oct, 1 2023 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Hall strengthens the case against Powell. If Powell flips, she becomes the star witness against Rudy and Ellis. Rudy and Ellis have direct knowledge of Trump's actions. So if either of them flip the case against Trump becomes much stronger.

Clark, Still, Latham, and Shafer also all had their motions to have their cases removed to federal court denied today. My guess is one of them becomes the next to flip.

I would bet Rudy flips before Powell.

posted on Oct, 1 2023 @ 11:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mahogany

This is how it works in these wide spanning organized crime cases. The prosecutors cast a wide net, get as many co-conspirators as they can and then wait for the smaller fish to turn on the bigger fish. Easy to notice that they agreed to give him no jail time, zero. All probation. This will make the other small fish think they can also come forward and get no jail time if they cooperate as well.

But nobody gets as good a deal as the first person that flips.

Imagine how different our legal system would be if defense lawyers could threaten witnesses with jail time if they didn't change their testimony.

posted on Oct, 1 2023 @ 11:43 AM
link   

a reply to: yuppa

Hampton doesn't have the authority to circumvent the law and let unauthorized individuals access data contained on voting machines. That, and the fact that Team Trump was in contact with her prior to the "invitation," is why she finds herself as a co-defendant in this trial.

They were let in by a person who had authority. Regardless of what you are saying.

posted on Oct, 1 2023 @ 02:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: jrod

Hall strengthens the case against Powell. If Powell flips, she becomes the star witness against Rudy and Ellis. Rudy and Ellis have direct knowledge of Trump's actions. So if either of them flip the case against Trump becomes much stronger.

Clark, Still, Latham, and Shafer also all had their motions to have their cases removed to federal court denied today. My guess is one of them becomes the next to flip.

I would bet Rudy flips before Powell.

Rudy has already had secret meetings with the select committee.

www.theguardian.com...

posted on Oct, 1 2023 @ 03:19 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12
Isn't that story from last year?

That was the last time Giuliani was going to flip.

edit on 1-10-2023 by Idelb06 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2023 @ 09:27 AM
link   
It's been revealed that Bernard Kerik has requested immunity in exchange for his testimony. That explains why he was included in the 30 co-conspirators that weren't charged.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join