It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bidenomics vs MAGAnomics

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2023 @ 08:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: UtIntusSicForis
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Considering the charts were about buisness growth?

Thank for proving you know nothing about economics...

I didn't say that there wasn't growth.

I wonder what would happen to the charts if we factored in inflation in the same time frame. Would line still be so green 🤔

I said "so" green, I didn't argue that adjusting for inflation would make the trend red.

Do you think I'm the only one who measures the charts adjusted for inflation? I'm not, but I will give you that it would be hard to find mainstream outlets (even financially aimed ones, we can omit politically geared media) that touch on that.

It's best to keep confidence in the markets high. That's why we have things like 401k's that come out of your check in a tax free environment's (you pay when it becomes income in retirement), to keep weekly positive pressure on stocks. It's why we have things like roth IRA's where you can pay taxes now and be exempt from taxes on any gains when you realize your investments in your golden years. It's why there is an intended rate of inflation of 2% a year to encourage the velocity of the dollar (politicians say hold my beer to the intention).

In fact, the stock market is one of the easiest ways to hedge inflation, it's literally engineered to be the most accessible way to do so. And you still would have hedged inflation if you put your money in the S&P500 in 2015 and held until the end of Trumps presidency, again I'm not disputing the market was green during his tenure.

But if we adjusted for inflation the charts during his tenure, or account the low interest rates effecting the bond market in such a way to signal a looming recession, I can assure you they don't look as green as they do.

I don't expect you to believe me on that (even though it's incredibly easy to do the math and self verify). Because I don't know anything about economics, so why should you listen to me on something that is can be explained in a brief line of math?

posted on Sep, 14 2023 @ 08:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

originally posted by: DBCowboy

a reply to: DBCowboy

I'm looking for a total dick that will get sh#t done.

Yet he’s proven he can’t do that. Two years with all the branches and little to show for it. He was trending to beat Obama before COVID.

On paper it just doesn’t track.

I don’t even care about the being a dick part. Everyone is welcome to comb through my posting history, the only time I really brought it up is that his pot stirring might have prevented him from getting people on board.

He was a win in the sense it was a middle finger to the establishment. But policy wise it wasn’t much different than anyone else, Biden included.

How is a House full of RINO's Trump's fault?

If anything Trump did us all a favor by exposing the lying republicans.

They talk big but when it came down to it, they were leftist douche-weasels.

How was he different than them?

What did he really do that was “true conservatism”

He talked a hell of a game, I’ll give him that. But I fail to see what was truly enigmatic.

And WTF is "true conservatism"?

Do I have to wear a tie or have brandy after dinner?

WTF is "true conservatism" anymore???

posted on Sep, 14 2023 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Yet he’s proven he can’t do that. Two years with all the branches and little to show for it. He was trending to beat Obama before COVID.

I don’t even care about the being a dick part. Everyone is welcome to comb through my posting history, the only time I really brought it up is that his pot stirring might have prevented him from getting people on board.

He was a win in the sense it was a middle finger to the establishment. But policy wise it wasn’t much different than anyone else, Biden included.

He talked a hell of a game, I’ll give him that. But I fail to see what was truly enigmatic.

Jesus, really?

Trump wasn't elected King or Dictator (unlike Biden).

Trump could not unilaterally dictate policy.

I didn't imply he should have been authoritarian. But the distinguished leaders are those with accomplishments in the face of adversity.

He said he knew the challenges and would be able to take them on, he said he would be able to lead.

I don't know of many jobs where you can blame all your shortcomings on other people or variables. You either perform or you don't, and people measure you on that.

I'm not even saying he's worse than Biden in my posts, I'm just saying he wasn't really good on his own.

posted on Sep, 14 2023 @ 08:14 PM
link   

I'll concede to you here, I'm not sure what it is anymore. But growing up I got the impression it was fiscal responsibility and an attempt to keep the Government from getting more bloated.

posted on Sep, 14 2023 @ 08:23 PM
link   

And now you respond to things I never said...

What you are doing is you are expecting things from a chart it wasn't made to track..

posted on Sep, 14 2023 @ 08:34 PM
link   

I'll concede to you here, I'm not sure what it is anymore. But growing up I got the impression it was fiscal responsibility and an attempt to keep the Government from getting more bloated.

All the swamp does is spend our money . Where do you get off?

edit on 14-9-2023 by Stopthebull because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2023 @ 08:43 PM
link   

What you are doing is you are expecting things from a chart it wasn't made to track..

posted on Sep, 14 2023 @ 08:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stopthebull

All the swamp does is spend our money . Where do you get off?

So how is he different? He broke the recent record on one terms spending.

posted on Sep, 14 2023 @ 08:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: [post=27137327]CriticalStinker[/pos.[li]t]

Qutie a bit actually. It's strange how soon people forget.

- He seriously put China on their back feet. They were afraid of him.
- He put pressure on European nations to invest in they're own defense.
- He kept us out of war and even went so far as to try and bring a Chinese ally, Kim Jong Il, into the mainstream and reduce him as a nuclear threat.
- He shamed major corporations like Ford and GM to bring production back to the USA which has since been undone.
- He kept the number of illegal border crossings down to a minimum which, by the way, was standard procedure up until the Biden administration. Even Obama kept the border secure.
- He turned the USA into a major energy producer and reduced our dependency on foreign oil.
- He spent billions but he did so on American domestic interests, not hand outs to the president of Ukraine.
- He brought unemployment for black Americans to historic lows.
- He stayed focused on the job of President while being pursued by rabid Democrats with impeachments and made up dossiers.

This was all just off the top of my head but I'm sure that if I spent a bit more time, I could add to the list. Even without going further, the one common thread through what I've listed is that he worked for the American people. He didn't give away billions to foreign interests or phony "green" ideologies.

posted on Sep, 14 2023 @ 08:57 PM
link   

a reply to: network dude

you watched a different timeline than I did. In mine, Trump got quite a few things done while not starting any new wars. I'm a fan of things like that.

He did break the break the decades trend of new wars. He also finally showed some attention to vets by fixing the VA, which was huge.

But he sure spent like we were at war 😂

By your reasoning you'd rather see billions spent on war in another country than trying to fix what's at home? Confusing.....

posted on Sep, 14 2023 @ 09:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: nugget1

a reply to: network dude

you watched a different timeline than I did. In mine, Trump got quite a few things done while not starting any new wars. I'm a fan of things like that.

He did break the break the decades trend of new wars. He also finally showed some attention to vets by fixing the VA, which was huge.

But he sure spent like we were at war 😂

By your reasoning you'd rather see billions spent on war in another country than trying to fix what's at home? Confusing.....

I don’t see that in my reasoning.

Nor did I imply I think his spending helped anything at home, on the contrary. I think it had a decent role in todays inflation.

I don’t subscribe to the notion I have to accept his spending or war abroad. I think that’s a problem in our politics, something partisanship enables.

Idk, how about we get someone who is fiscally responsible and doesn’t start wars. And I know, I know, what a tall order. But it wouldn’t be if people didn’t buy into the hubris.

I know it’s controversial, but I don’t think there’s much of a difference between Trump and Biden. We can dilute that if it’s more comfortable by adding Obama, Clinton, Bush (both), ect.

He wasn’t that much different from the rest, which is why I’m not a fan. But he’s the only one in the names above I voted for.
edit on 14-9-2023 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2023 @ 09:09 PM
link   

You do know figures are manipulated to show the public what they want them to believe, don't you?

Covid was killing 1,000-even though it wasn't really the cause of death. Biden got the vaccine done in record time and saved millions!

Inflation is slowing and under control- thanks to Biden. LMAO

Highest rate of employment in many decades-thanks to Biden.

How about the polls that show Biden having an approval rating over 40% ? Can anyone really keep a straight face hearing that?

Trump's popularity is just slightly above Biden's. Another LOL

If you want the truth, you're going to have to dig for it. Find out how all information is manipulated to create majority beliefs.

posted on Sep, 14 2023 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Hey, make the rich pay and everyone is laughing, not just the rich.

posted on Sep, 14 2023 @ 09:15 PM
link   
a reply to: nugget1

You do know figures are manipulated to show the public what they want them to believe, don't you?

I think most would agree inflation is under reported.

Covid was killing 1,000-even though it wasn't really the cause of death. Biden got the vaccine done in record time and saved millions!

See above for your next two paragraphs.

Biden did operation warp speed?

Highest rate of employment in many decades-thanks to Biden.

Never said I think Biden did anything good for the economy.

If you want the truth, you're going to have to dig for it. Find out how all information is manipulated to create majority beliefs.

I’ve been playing with pretty raw numbers in this thread. I haven’t really touched on anything that isn’t easily verifiable.

posted on Sep, 14 2023 @ 09:17 PM
link   

*facepalm*
You found a chart.
Funny thing with the internet, if you seek you'll probably find.
Even if it contradicts everything else.
Yay you?
What does that have to do with Jim Cramer said, exactly?
Or the fact he was praising the economy at that time?

posted on Sep, 14 2023 @ 09:21 PM
link   

*facepalm*
You found a chart.
Funny thing with the internet, if you seek you'll probably find.
Even if it contradicts everything else.
Yay you?
What does that have to do with Jim Cramer said, exactly?
Or the fact he was praising the economy at that time?

You mean I supported my basis with data?

Didn’t our conversation start by your post saying people listen to the MSM?

Look up the inverse Jim Cramer ETF chart 😂 he’s a pundit.

Edit: I’ll frontrun you and give some extra scoops.

The S&P500 adjusted for inflation did about 55% in the time frame given adjusted for inflation. Pretty good right? Yea, it actually beats the average by about 3% YoY. And, that’s good considering we can all agree it happened in a rough time period.

So if we score the economy solely off wall street, it’s good. But we’d have to ignore the inflation aspect or the fact most Americans don’t pay rent or buy goods with stocks. It’s kind of hard to use as a benchmark for the economy. It would also ignore what interest rates did to the bond market and the shockwaves that has over currency, investments and real estate. I only bring all this minutia up because you indicated how I and others don’t understand economics. So I figured since you’re kind of an economist enthusiast you’d enjoy exploring the raw data and the nuance of it all.
edit on 14-9-2023 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2023 @ 09:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: quintessentone

Please tell me that you think the wealthy aren't paying taxes.

Go on.

Do it.

posted on Sep, 14 2023 @ 09:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: quintessentone

Please tell me that you think the wealthy aren't paying taxes.

Go on.

Do it.

Do you need attention?

posted on Sep, 14 2023 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Trump could not unilaterally dictate policy.

Liberals said they were going to impeach Trump before he even took office. And then they badgered him for four full years while he was in office and they're still badgering him to this day. Is it any wonder he couldn't get anything done?

And if he did run up the debt, how was that possible unless the Democrats worked with him on things like this? Since it looks like they're trying to destroy America, maybe that's why they worked with him on these issues alone. They wouldn't work with him on anything beneficial to America, only the harmful things. Maybe they were thinking that since he got elected instead of a Democrat, if life handed them lemons, they were going to make lemonade. After all, going deeper in debt was one thing they wanted anyway. Anything destructive would work, no matter who was doing it.

I honestly don't know how half of the country can see things one way and the other half see it another way. Liberals are always saying Trump didn't get anything done. But when it's pointed that Biden is ruining America, Liberals say that a President can't be to blame because they can't actually do anything because their powers are severely limited.

So, was Trump's powers limited or did he have the ability to do more than a President can legally do?

And, is Biden's powers limited or is he doing things that he can't legally do? Which is it?

Evidently, a President can shut down energy sectors so that America becomes dependent on other countries. Trump was doing the opposite without any special powers.

So is there some kind of double standard being employed here, depending on whether the President is a Republican or Democrat? I know the answer to this question, but I wish a Liberal on ATS would explain the answer to me using reason and logic. And precedent.

TCB
edit on 14-9-2023 by TrulyColorBlind because: Left out a word and added it in.

edit on 14-9-2023 by TrulyColorBlind because: Corrected a typo.

posted on Sep, 15 2023 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Despite what you may think you're not good at talking out of your butt.
No, he's a former hedge fund manager and founder of Investor advice show mad money.....

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join