It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Huge breakthrough in search for Alien Life as NASA detects gas on exoplanet associated with life

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2023 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a reply to: AdifferentOpinion

edit on 12-9-2023 by gortex because: Edited due to clarification

posted on Sep, 12 2023 @ 01:25 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Hold up. I think that poster was being sarcastic?

Here's hoping!

posted on Sep, 12 2023 @ 01:26 PM
link   

The compound dimethyl sulphide (DMS) – a complex molecule made up of carbon, hydrogen and sulphur atoms – was detected alongside two carbon-carrying gases, leaving researchers feeling a 'a mix of shock and excitement and disbelief

So we've been there?

posted on Sep, 12 2023 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: TXRabbit

No. Of course not. Read the OP?

posted on Sep, 12 2023 @ 01:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2
a reply to: gortex

Here's hoping!

I'm never sarcastic.

edit on 12-9-2023 by DBCowboy because: drinking

posted on Sep, 12 2023 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Pish and twaddle.

As to truth, do tell?

posted on Sep, 12 2023 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Sorry for the confusion and interruption. I was being facetious and or sarcastic.

As a child of the 50's, I grew up with the space program and astronauts as my heroes and followed the Mercury, Gemini and Apollo missions with great interest. I watched live as we first walked on the moon and am fascinated by the latest scientific discoveries and development of technologies expanding our horizons.

Unlike some, I generally tend to trust the science especially when tied to personal experience.

posted on Sep, 12 2023 @ 01:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2

No. Of course not. Read the OP?

Word for word.

Despite the excitement, scientists have stressed that more observations by the James Webb Space Telescope will be needed to confirm the presence of DMS

So, we haven't detected jack # other than a speculation

I want it to be true. I really really do but up until now it's all muchadoaboutnothing headlines

posted on Sep, 12 2023 @ 01:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Oldcarpy2

Maybe , didn't read like sarcasm but that's the problem with sarcasm in written form , there's no nuance.

link   

edit on 12-9-2023 by gortex because: (no reason given)

link   

edit on 12-9-2023 by gortex because: I need a new mouse :-(

posted on Sep, 12 2023 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Well, that's a bit more balanced and a whole lot less qanonacrapy.

Thought you might have been one of the live ones there for a moment couple of tinnies short of a six-pack.

Anyhoo cheers for stating your position and clearing things up.

posted on Sep, 12 2023 @ 01:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: AdifferentOpinion
Space travel isn’t real, alien life doesn’t exist, exoplanets are fake and this ridiculous nonsensical pseudo-science is all part of an ideologically driven activist agenda to get grants and funding to keep pretend self-identified so called scientists employed and to indoctrinate children into believing our species won’t forever die on this rock.

The truth will come out. Save the children from these lies and ban all media that even hints outer space is a thing.
Wow. How closeminded do you have to be to think like this?! All I know is that we (the 99% at least) know almost nothing. They don't want us to know the truths for sure, but to think we are the only intelligent species out there is mindblowing.

posted on Sep, 12 2023 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: ancientlight

He's clarified his comment above , he was being facetious and or sarcastic.

posted on Sep, 12 2023 @ 01:58 PM
link   
I hope there is life out there.

There HAS to be!

Looking at our planet and the idiots in charge makes me hope for any sign of life or intelligent life.

posted on Sep, 12 2023 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

The scary thought is in this vast Universe we are the highest form of intelligence , that one can drive a man to drink.

posted on Sep, 12 2023 @ 02:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: AdifferentOpinion
Sorry for the confusion and interruption. I was being facetious and or sarcastic.

As a child of the 50's, I grew up with the space program and astronauts as my heroes and followed the Mercury, Gemini and Apollo missions with great interest. I watched live as we first walked on the moon and am fascinated by the latest scientific discoveries and development of technologies expanding our horizons.

Unlike some, I generally tend to trust the science especially when tied to personal experience.

You seem to be fascinated with both science such as Physics & Astronomy and pseudo-science such as 'gender studies'.

Your attempt at sarcasm was a real failure. Do you really believe you can draw parallels between gender ideology and physics?! And then try to imply that those who deny the pseudo-philosophy/science of gender ideology are science deniers.

It's better to get to terms with reality and look at the marvellous discovery of true science, even if it doesn't reveal in the end the existence of alien life and despite the fact there are very strong signs alien life probably exists in this planet, such as massive quantities of carbon dioxide, methane, and traces of DMS.

posted on Sep, 12 2023 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Thanks for the explanation. But please don't apply for a job as a late night talk show host or comedian!

posted on Sep, 12 2023 @ 02:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Phantom423

I pushed the button I wanted to push but thanks for the advice!

posted on Sep, 12 2023 @ 02:50 PM
link   
ATTENTION!

This page and the previous outline why off-topic posts ruin a thread. Other ATS members are not the topic. Please return to posting about the thread topic and stop posting about each other.

Thank you

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join