It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I’m Looking for Information on the Light We See at Death.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2023 @ 03:19 PM
link   
a reply to: whyamIhere

I have a question for you... What is the closest thing on Earth, that you can conceive, the thing that comes closest to replicating that nice warm feeling?

posted on Sep, 6 2023 @ 03:25 PM
link   
a reply to: AdultMaleHuman73

6 weeks? Wow . Glad you made it mate.

They say laughter is the best medicine, not when you have broken ribs, tho.

Diamorphine works for me.

posted on Sep, 6 2023 @ 03:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Oldcarpy2
Cheers fella

...I'm still jealous I didn't get any spiritual experience while having CPR on the floor until the defibrillator got to me, obv's not worthy!!

posted on Sep, 6 2023 @ 04:30 PM
link   
a reply to: AdultMaleHuman73

Yep. Obviously I wasn't worth it!

According to my CPR guy, it wasn't my time to go.

posted on Sep, 6 2023 @ 05:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Oldcarpy2
Well, I reckon in both of our cases, as the 'woo' stuff obviously ignored us, thank # for trained and dedicated humans who didn't!
...I'll also thank every single human who has ever been involved in the invention/development/production of heart defibrillators!!!

posted on Sep, 6 2023 @ 07:57 PM
link   
It’s a chemical reaction in the brain, nothing more.

posted on Sep, 6 2023 @ 09:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: 00018GE
It’s a chemical reaction in the brain, nothing more.

You’re wrong. I’ve experienced those ‘chemical’ reactions many times. There is no white light. Nor my dead loved ones appearing to greet me with open arms and bountiful love…

posted on Sep, 6 2023 @ 09:58 PM
link   
a reply to: KKLOCO

Technically?

Everything you'll ever experience is chemical reactions.

posted on Sep, 6 2023 @ 10:44 PM
link   

For what it's worth, here is a true story that a friend and colleague of mine shared with me. My friend was a fellow aerospace engineer working for the government in a classified lab. It's written in his voice and I've never published it before.

Part 1

Five Minutes

This story is about my experience visiting the real universe that exists beyond what we can perceive during mortal life. In the simplest terms, I visited heaven and hell and was blessed with the incredible honor of spending a moment with God. This journey between the perceived reality to the actual reality of timeless existence occurred while I was dead for five minutes, during my second heart attack.

It occurred while I was asleep. I was dreaming about walking on the streets of Paris when, in an instant, everything became black except for a tiny point of pure white light straight ahead of me. Then, I began to move toward the light. It was growing larger and beginning to illuminate what seemed to be a smooth tunnel with a very bright light at its end. I have been a lucid dreamer since childhood and did not particularly want to dream about what I was recognizing to be the often-reported, near-death journey. Trying intensely, I was surprised by my inability to control my situation and powerless to return to my Parisian dream. So, I decided not to resist and to let this experience take its course. I looked backwards and saw my body lying in bed. My existence was now in the form of being a very tiny dot at the head of a beautiful silver cord that I was stretching out from my body. As I headed toward the light at the end of the tunnel, I could feel the silver cord stretching thinner and thinner and becoming a mere thread. And, I felt so wonderful! It was utterly fantastic to be so tiny and without any of my body’s aches, pains, and limitations.

When I reached the end of the tunnel, I was greeted by the presence of a dear friend. We had no bodies, but I felt him nearby. He could hear my thoughts and me, his. It was clear to me that he was there to reassure me and help the transition to this new realm. We were surrounded by the warmest, most peaceful and comfortable white light. There was no disorientation; everything seemed neat and ordered. I could move freely, or stop as I pleased. I could feel an up and a down direction as well a: a left and a right one. I felt as if I were standing, but without the discomfort of a body weighted by gravity. I was happier and felt safer and more welcome than ever during my 51 year earthly life. Then there was a bright flash which I knew signaled that something special and wonderful occurred. With this flash, it seemed like I jumped forward in time, too. I couldn’t remember what I had just experienced but knew it was significant and important. Literally my soul was touched and I wanted so badly to understand what I just experienced, but couldn’t remember. My friend reassured me that my experience will be revealed. I was in such a wonderful and emotionally overpowering place that I would have preferred not to leave. But, my friend said that I had to return to my earthly life because I still had things to do. I asked, “What things?” and was told that all would be revealed at the right time.

I resigned myself to doing as instructed and return to mortal life. With considerable regret, I left the light behind as the silver thread pulled me back towards my motionless body. I suddenly awoke in considerable discomfort, but that was far overshadowed by coming back to life. It was a very different “alive” than after my first heart attack, bittersweet because the joy of earthly life was tempered by the amazing and unforgettable feelings I experienced visiting the eternal realm. Everyone told me how lucky I was to be alive following a heart attack in bed, at home with no medical assistance. Some even said it was a miracle. To me it was simply God’s will because there were things He wanted me to do.

I spent several months impatiently wondering what the “things to do, which will be revealed” were, and agonized about how and when they would be revealed. I wondered what took place that I couldn’t remember during the bright flash. I also pondered about coming back to life and felt both glad for the opportunity to live a little more, yet sad that I had to leave the wonderful place I visited.

Eventually, all I needed to know was shown in such a clear unambiguous manner to me that I felt foolish worrying and trying so hard to discover them. My life-long ability to be a lucid dreamer stopped while I was dead during my heart attack. This was a real eye-opener for me since the only other times that I cannot control my dreams is when I am being visited by a departed relative or close friend. This ability has been a part of me since childhood. For many years my family just thought I had a vivid imagination, until I began to retrieve highly personal information from those departed loved ones that could be verified, and that I could not have possibly known beforehand. Although my family knew of this ability to communicate with those existing beyond mortal life, I did not share this with even my closest friends. Then, one night several months after my heart attack, my lucid dream was interrupted by that close friend who had met me in Heaven and had told me to return to my body. Between my heart attack and this dream, he had passed away. So, I asked him how he could have been with me during my heart attack, before he had died. He explained that he had traveled back in time to the night of my heart attack to meet me. I knew that everything was about to be revealed and wondered why “now”, and why during a dream? He chuckled and said that I am not dreaming, that he just took me back in time to the night of my heart attack and I am now dead and ready to remember. We were again in the beautiful comforting white place. I asked him if this was Heaven, and he said it was.

My friend told me that it would be his pleasure to answer any questions about anything I want to know. So I asked why he is able to, and allowed to, answer whatever question I asked. He said that our many conversations about God and the afterlife were comforting and helpful to him, so he asked God if he could be the one to meet me when I arrived. Then I asked him how often he meets with God, and he told me that God is always with us and communicates with us whenever we want Him.

I was so happy to be near my friend and I was beginning to remember. I asked, and he explained to me, what time really is, how it and gravity worked, and why there are different races of people. I was learning about creation and the true nature of the universe. Then I asked my friend if I could meet directly with God. He advised me that that might not be best, since I was only here temporarily, but I insisted. My friend said okay, but there will probably be some consequences from my request and he wanted to be sure I was willing to accept those consequences. I said, “Yes”.

posted on Sep, 6 2023 @ 10:45 PM
link   
a reply to: 1947boomer

Part 2

Suddenly, I was alone in a different, most beautiful, very bright place. It seemed like I was in the middle of a star, but without heat. I was surrounded by the most exquisite floating geometric shapes which radiated continuously changing, angelically beautiful colors of light. They were unquestionably the most wonderful thing I had ever seen. I was also surrounded by the most incredibly wonderful sounds; music, more fantastic and splendid that you could ever imagine. I then thought, "Am I with God?", and a powerfully authoritative and reassuring voice said, "Reach out and touch Me". Although I had no body, I did as instructed. Then for the briefest period of time, I experienced the most indescribably wonderful feeling. It was that feeling of total relief and complete love one has as child, who after being frightened, lost, or hurt is picked up and hugged by a parent or loved one; only the feeling is a trillion times more intense, better, richer and nicer.

As soon as I was given the briefest taste of this magnificent feeling, just long enough to recognize it, I found myself floating in the blackest void conceivable. It was really bad beyond description. There was no up or down, no hot or cold, no right or left, no in or out: Only terrible, disorienting, absolute darkness and nothingness. Then, I slowly began to feel despair and fear and hopelessness and numbing sadness. These feelings began to swell and press against me until I was experiencing all the evil and badness and hurtfulness and ugliness of all humanity. I felt all the suffering of every abused child and death-camp prisoner, of anyone who was ever tortured both mentally and physically. I felt all the grief that everyone ever felt from the death of a loved one. I began to have what I could only describe as a complete panic attack and I screamed and screamed without uttering a sound. I was melting and being absorbed by total nothingness. I could feel Satan tasting my soul and felt the pain of being devoured by evil demons. It seemed like I was trapped suffering here in hell for thousands of years, although it was probably no longer than the brief moment I was with God. I didn't know what to do to escape this terrible unbearable place and had extreme trouble forming coherent thoughts. Finally, with every ounce of strength in my soul, I soundlessly screamed, "God, please help me!"

Instantly, I was back in the bright star-like place near God. He said to me, "Now you know what it is to know Me and not know Me". I cried and begged Him to teach me what I must do to never visit that terrible place again. I found what He told me amazingly simple to remember, even if challenging to fully achieve during our mortal lives. He said that I must believe in Him, for He represents all which is good. I must believe in the eternal life of my soul and recognize that good and evil co-exist throughout the universe. I must continuously strive to be "As decent as I can be" in order to take a good path over an evil one. This is what everyone needs to know and do, whether it's strengthened through their religion or whatever belief system they embrace.

As a consequence for having been given the gift of seeing Heaven and hell and feeling the presence of God before my time, I personally have been given a few additional tasks. I must tell others of my experience and deliver a few messages from Him. First, He told me that what makes us so special to Him is one single thing that separates us from other living creatures: the power to understand right and wrong, good and evil, and the freedom to choose between them. He told me that every act we do or decision we make is either good or evil. Everything is that simple: black and white. It is only people that have created gray areas in order to justify feeling okay about doing bad things. Next, he said that it saddens Him to see the effort people put into worrying about the end of the world and the fear of everyone dying. He told me that when each of us dies and starts our journey along the beautiful tunnel of light, “the world ends” for each of us. Whether we die alone or en masse has no bearing whatsoever on our individual journey and our destination. He wants us to use our energies and gifts to live better and treat each other with the respect and love that stems from His love for each of us.

I now clearly saw that what separates our mortal lives from the eternal afterlife is a spiritually- dimensional transformation. In Heaven there is only one God that is incredibly wonderful to be near and He is surrounded by our souls. On Earth, we can't find one single place to be physically next to the one God because through the spiritual transformation from Heaven to Earth, he is now inside each one of us. So we are always near him and he is always with us. We only need to accept and recognize it.

Instantly, I was back with my dear friend. I still wanted to ask a few questions about the universe and his future. As a curious scientist/ engineer, I asked my friend about the existence of sentient life beyond the Earth. He said that in our Milky Way Galaxy there are over four-hundred thousand planets of people. I said in disbelief, ”Four-hundred thousand planets with humans”! “No!”, “PEOPLE”, he said. I then realized intelligent beings that believe in God, understand the difference between right and wrong and have the ability to choose between good and evil are “people” and not necessarily required to have a human form. In our ego-centric way, we interpret being made in God’s image to mean that the human form is like that of God. I now believe that being made in His image means we have souls which have the knowledge of good and evil with the incredible freedom to choose our own paths. That understanding and ability elevates us from other living creatures and makes us “people, children of God”. My friend reminded me about the size of our universe when he said that even with four-hundred thousand planets with people, there are so many stars in our galaxy that there is only one people-planet for every one-quarter million solar systems.

posted on Sep, 6 2023 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Part 3

Next, I asked my dear friend what he planned to do, here in Heaven. I could feel that this amused him by revealing just how small my mind is. Nevertheless, he told me that all people have music and that he was going to visit every people-planet, staying as long as it took to learn every one of their songs. I thought to myself that that would take an eternity. I forgot that he could hear my thoughts. He laughed and said that he had an eternity to take. So, knowing how much he loves his family, I asked him, “Don’t you want to be here when your wife and children arrive, one day?” He affectionately groaned and told me, “Didn’t I tell you how time worked?” He said that he will explore all the planets, be here in Heaven to greet his family members , be with God and anything else he desires, all at what we would call “the same time”. Finally, I asked him if he would visit me in any of my future dreams. He said firmly and politely, “No, but you will see me again when you arrive here to stay”.

Then, in the bright flash that I remembered, I was back at the end of the light tunnel with my dear friend. He was about to tell me that I had to return to my body, just as I had remembered him doing near the end of my near-death experience. But instead, it felt as if he took my hand and gently pulled me through a doorway, and indeed I traveled forward in time, back to my dream. Next, I woke up safe and comfortable in my warm bed. Everything I needed to know was revealed. This experience was so wonderful, so intense and exciting that I was unable to sleep for three days.

I wondered why God gave me so many answers and what would be the consequences of sharing them with others. The amazing thing about the answers to all my questions is that they are so simple. In fact, they are so simple that most people have trouble believing them. Then I realized that the parts of this knowledge that could be used to advance science, such as the workings of time and gravity, are such that no scientist would have the courage to embrace those answers and believe them, nor would their belief systems and thought processes ever allow them to discover them on their own. Separation between belief and science hides the true nature of everything. Truth is always truth.

This near-death experience blessed me with far more knowledge and understanding than I could ever need. I have discovered that there are scientists and engineers whose research and learning have brought them closer to God and those who have convinced themselves that there is no God. Before my experience, I didn't really know which of my colleagues were in each group. As I told of my experience and stories of it circulated, I noticed that some started to avoid me, while other people, who I hadn't known, sought me out. The impression that I get from those that try to avoid me is that my message scares them and they are frightened to consider that by not believing that they might spend eternity in a void so terrible that even a millisecond there is unbearable. I pray that I have sparked a doubt in their minds leading to belief in God and the afterlife.

I am truly touched when discussing my experience with others who have had the near-death experience. Those who were heading down a bad path, or didn’t believe in God, experienced the same terrible void. Some have tried their best to repress their wholly frightening experience, and some cry and kneel down when I describe my visit to hell. Then, they are totally uplifted that another person independently confirms their very personal experience. This interaction is overwhelming for me, too. And after visiting hell, each person who I have met thus far has completely changed their life. Each became an extremely decent person and dedicated their energy to helping others.

During those five minutes of death, I was told and shown how things really are in comparison to our beliefs and mankind’s feeble knowledge. I was clearly shown how to insure my eternal existence would be in Heaven and not in hell. I was commanded to convey a few messages from God and was tasked to share my overall experience with as many others, as possible. Putting this story into text was very difficult for me, but it is something that I had to do to reach more people than I can verbally. I am humbled to have been chosen for this task. I do not know why I was selected to be shown so vividly what awaits, if we choose a path to an indescribably wonderful immortality or an unthinkably horrible eternity for our souls. I don’t need to know why, because knowing is an end in itself. It is an honor to be given the opportunity to tell others what I experienced. I believe that we should call a near-death experience a near-life experience because the death of our body is inconsequential compared to the eternal life of our soul.

Thank you for taking a few minutes to read my story. I apologize to anyone who finds this description of my experience confronting or contradictory to their personal beliefs. We each have the ability to choose our own path. I respect your individuality and only ask consideration of mine, which I have just shared.

It is my sincerest hope that this story of the most important five minutes of my life provides some comfort and reassurance that we are all loved by God. He is within every one of us. By believing in Him and being as decent as we can be through the power of choice, we can enjoy the most incredibly magnificent eternal life.

posted on Sep, 7 2023 @ 03:47 AM
link   

Thank you so much for telling us of your friends experience.
I for one believe him.
I have been reading NDRF stories and see a common thread. nderf.org...
These stories are not that "heaven" is a terrible place of evil recycling.
The vast majority of these stories are a transformative experience that makes them better people, more caring, more loving.

If it is a trap it is a weird trap to have, to change people into more loving, more caring, and more decent people.
I for one will go to the light.

The darkness is the trap is what I have deduced.
Evil is behind the trap story because that story doesn't end with people changed for the better, it creates fear and doesn't encourage anyone to be a better person.

Look at the outcome of each story.
One outcome is always evil. (trap stories)
One outcome is mostly good. (Near Death Experiences that are recorded in NDRF, to not go to the light is always tragic)
I'll run into the good light of God as fast as I can when it is my time.

As a matter of fact the NDERF stories, like your friend's have profoundly changed me in my old age. I know most on ATS won't believe it because of what I write, but so many people lately have commented on how kind I am to others.

I don't see it for myself, but know that I feel compelled to connect more, care more about others, and not get irritated at others. Someone looked at me weird when at Subway the employee accidentally put pepper on my sandwich instead of salt, I whispered to the person I came with that I hate pepper. But I said nothing to the employee as it was really busy and he was obviously new and frazzled and I knew it would frazzle him more if I complained (the owner, a friend, was close by and it was such a small thing really, why upset everyone was my thought). Besides in the end I didn't really taste the pepper. Years ago I would have been thoughtless and said something and upset the poor employee and my friend his boss.

So I'd rather believe that what results in goodness, kindness, and caring for others, is what is good.
Fear always generates evil and bad, so for me the choice is clear.
The light is good.

The people on ATS only see the side of me who fights hard for people to be free,
for seeing others not as a race but as a person,
for seeing that one can not become something they are not on a deep cellular DNA, chromosomal level and are being deceived into thinking they can (i.e. change gender, or transition into becoming a cat, dog or lizard, through superficial changes),
for people to be able to believe stealing is wrong and crime should have consequences, that victims matter,
for the truth that Earth goes in climate cycles independent of humans (original period of tropical: ice age: warming: mini ice age: back to warming maybe headed back to Earth's original state of tropical) and doing what is best for humans should be before the uncontrollable climate change,
for allowing freedom of thought and speech (not just thought and speech that agrees with one's own ideology),
to end government corruption which seeks only power and only pretends to care about the people.
Many will scoff that I have not been changed to be a more caring person, when in actuality I am compelled more and more to fight the good fight for freedom, for REAL equality (not the false equity that breeds hatred and contempt), to end abuse and to expose in order to end government power overreach that seeks to control not help people.

Bless you for telling your friends story.

These are the stories of hope, not fear.
The stories of goodness, not evil.
I choose the good and hope.

edit on 9/7/23 by The2Billies because: addition

posted on Sep, 7 2023 @ 04:06 AM
link   

I recommend you go to nderf.org...
NDERF and read as many stories as possible

This is a HUGE collection of near death experiences.

posted on Sep, 7 2023 @ 06:03 AM
link   
In my late teens, I began to experience OBE's and archetypal dream sequences.

Our genealogy includes several military and theological leaders form the Protestant Reformation.

1995:
Walking along a stream up to a rock wall with an opening
Entered the opening into a pitch black environment
A torch lights up ahead of me and I am walking uphill
I can hear water trickling down the path, Ahead is a white light
Walk into the white light, the torchbearer is wearing a white robe with no face
Inside the white light is a circular temple with a fountain in the center
I walk with my guide and "it" takes me hand and we pull a fish out of the fountain
We cut off the fish's head (Ego?) and hand it to another being in a white robe
Then I walk towards an open arched window looking out on a vast sea
The sun comes up on the horizon and I am instantly back in my bed
With my eyes open and awake, I see a face disappearing back into the ceiling.

Spring 2023 dream sequence:
Scene is old Spanish mission dusting off the altar, carefully moving red glass figurines
IDF Soldiers move into the mission/church creating a medical triage to prepare for some military event
The soldier says "1000 dead in Hawaii" and something to the effect of "learn how to shoot."

Maui Fire.. Israel conflict? Crisis of faith, change of power dynamic, World war coming home to the US?

Mom and I just took a walk through an antique mall yesterday.
There was a notable display of old red glass dinner ware.
I found and purchased a copy of the Game regulations from my first legal hunting season.
I'm going to join our local sportsmen's association to brush up on my shooting skills.

posted on Sep, 7 2023 @ 09:27 AM
link   
I've been reading the Seth material recently, and it certainly has given me some interesting ideas to consider. This information was channeled and documented by Jane Roberts. The entity known as "Seth" shared some pretty interesting information about death/reincarnation. I'm not doing it justice, but from what I understood, most of what we experience after death is attuned to our expectations. The deeply religious will experience what they have believed their whole lives based on the tenants of their religion, because to experience otherwise would be too shocking and detrimental to their own progress. So they experience heaven/hell/paradise/fire & brimstone/Allah/etc/etc/whatever, and then eventually in their own time, will realize this was just a construct they created for themselves and they will be ready to move beyond such basic concepts.

He also talked about in actuality, we are multi-dimensionally reincarnating all the time. Pieces of the real us experiencing every possible scenario and choice we could have made over time. Eventually these all roll into the real us as knowledge and experience to move us further down the path. Anyway, I found that idea interesting as well.

posted on Sep, 7 2023 @ 12:00 PM
link   

You're not going to like it, but here's a different take on "seeing the light". It's in a different context, so you can ignore anything that doesn't apply if you're not using "enlightenment" as a marketing tool to remove people of their hard earned money. I'm not suggesting, nor do I suspect you are, but there's no end to the fake gurus who just want to use "enlightenment" to enlighten your wallet. Eckhart Tolle comes to mind, but he's hardly alone because it's such an easy scam.

TheAdvocacy.org...

posted on Sep, 7 2023 @ 01:39 PM
link   

When you die, or are dying, the dmt in your pi ear gland releases, causing a tunneling of light to appear in your vision.

posted on Sep, 7 2023 @ 05:23 PM
link   
I also have always been fascinated with NDEs. It's the ultimate question...is there anything beyond...this.

I also started hearing about the effects of dimethyltryptamine ('___'). It sounded so similar to what people with NDEs claim to experience, so I knew I had to try it, especially after hearing that it's theorized that some mammals produce '___' in their brains, and possibly release '___' at death.

So I did some '___', and oh. My. God. At first it felt like I was dying, like I forgot how to breathe, or why I needed to do it. It occurred to me later on that perhaps my consciousness was removed from my body, and traveled somewhere else, and your consciousness doesn't need to breath, but my consciousness, used to being tied to a body, couldn't accept it.

It started out like many NDEs, I closed my eyes, saw the black field you see when you close your eyes, but in the distance, a light. It was slowly getting closer and closer in my field of vision with my eyes closed, and it was made of spiraling fractals.

When I started to appreciate their beauty, I felt like I got launched into and through the fractals, much like the tunnel that's described in NDEs. It felt like I was traveling faster than light through this bulk of space, and this was the moment I realized I wasn't breathing, and started to freak out, but that didn't last long as I soon emerged into some sort of other dimension.

It was a place of utter love and acceptance, again, much like you hear with NDEs. I felt so at peace, like I'd been there before, and even laughed at myself for forgetting.

I'm not going to pretend to understand what '___' is. Maybe it's a way of peeping past our veil, for a very short amount of time. Maybe not. But I will say, it's very strange to me that people have wildly different experiences on other psychedelics, but so many people experience the same thing on '___'.
edit on 7-9-2023 by Schmoe1223 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2023 @ 11:23 PM
link   
My mother was sat in a waiting room for her NDE - the receptionist behind the desk in a nonchalant way told her to go through a door which had a spiral staircase going down. As she walked down the steps disappeared and she was in a void, floating. I don’t believe she sensed she had a body. She could feel the presence of beings watching her and felt they were trying to make a decision as to what to do with her. She saw colours that weren’t of this world - then boom back in her body. The first thing she heard was her mother snoring in a chair next to her bed.

posted on Sep, 8 2023 @ 09:49 AM
link   
I like to think about our life on earth as the larval stage for a higher dimensional being.
No, I don't have any proof...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join