It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ChatGTP blew me away last night

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2023 @ 05:48 AM
link   
3 years ago, I did a LIDAR demo for a small group of engineering students. I sourced the equipment from Ebay and Amazon : a rotary demo LIDAR emitter/receiver, electronic parts, an Arduino UNO and spent a few days writing a C++ program to detect if objects in an enclosed room had moved. Lots of fun.

So yesterday, I found a box with all that stuff in the attic but without the code. I wanted to use it for nostalgics but did not have much time.

I had heard about ChatGTP being able to write code so I said to myself "Why Not!".

I sat down at my PC, brought up ChatGTP, and put the following text in verbatim...

"write an arduino sketch that can use a small lidar device to check to see if a door opens in a room"

Within 10 seconds, this is what came back:

----------------------
To create an Arduino sketch that uses a small LiDAR device to check if a door opens in a room, you'll need the following components:

Arduino board (e.g., Arduino Uno)
Small LiDAR sensor (e.g., VL53L0X)
Servo motor (optional, for creating a scanning LiDAR)
Jumper wires
Power source (e.g., USB cable or batteries)
Here's a basic Arduino sketch that uses a LiDAR sensor to detect when a door opens:

cpp
Copy code

#include Wire.h
#include VL53L0X.h

VL53L0X sensor;

const int doorPin = 2; // Pin connected to the door switch
const int lidarServoPin = 9; // Pin connected to the servo motor (optional)

int doorState = HIGH; // HIGH when the door is closed, LOW when the door is open
int lastDoorState = HIGH; // Previous door state

void setup() [
pinMode(doorPin, INPUT_PULLUP);
Wire.begin();
sensor.init();
sensor.setTimeout(500);
sensor.startContinuous();

// If you're using a servo to scan the LiDAR, initialize it here
// myservo.attach(lidarServoPin);
// myservo.write(90); // Center position
]

void loop() [
// Read the state of the door switch
doorState = digitalRead(doorPin);

// If the door state has changed
if (doorState != lastDoorState) [
if (doorState == LOW) [
// Door is open, check LiDAR for objects
int distance = sensor.readRangeContinuousMillimeters();

// Adjust this threshold according to your setup
int thresholdDistance = 100; // Threshold distance in millimeters

if (distance < thresholdDistance) [
// Object detected in front of the door
Serial.println("Door is open, and an object is detected.");
// Add any additional actions you want to take when an object is detected.
]
] else [
// Door is closed
Serial.println("Door is closed.");
]
lastDoorState = doorState;
]

// If you're using a servo to scan the LiDAR, you can control its movement here
// for (int pos = 0; pos = 0; pos -= 1) [
// myservo.write(pos);
// delay(15);
// ]
]
This sketch uses a LiDAR sensor to measure the distance in front of the door. When the door is open and an object is detected within a certain threshold distance (adjustable with thresholdDistance), it will print a message to the serial monitor. You can also add additional actions, such as activating an alarm or sending a notification.

Note that this example assumes that the LiDAR sensor is stationary. If you want to scan the LiDAR to cover a wider area, you can uncomment the servo control section and attach a servo motor to the LiDAR to scan it from side to side.

------------------
end of output
------------------

I was flabbergasted, and had to go have a drink..

edit on 4-9-2023 by charlyv because: had to remove some special characters that got interpreted as bbcode, include, etc..

posted on Sep, 4 2023 @ 05:53 AM
link   
a reply to: charlyv

its a pretty impressive tool,its the modern version of a thresher.. and will change the world, pre thresher 95% where employed in the fields in my county post thresher it dropped to 2%..

posted on Sep, 4 2023 @ 06:02 AM
link   
a reply to: nickyw

Blew me away. I never thought it could pull something like that out so clean. I am going to experiment with some tough C++ driver stuff and see what it can do.

posted on Sep, 4 2023 @ 07:19 AM
link   
I've always been a step behind the curve. Tried to study journalism, learned that was a dead science. Went into small electrical, not much there. Decided to do programming, but on this one I saw the light, "there's no way this won't be automated soon." That turns out to be true.

Well, hell, what do I pursue now? I suppose building wiring and concrete work are still in play... Hard labor stuff... I'm getting old though. I guess I could distill some whiskey... Hmmm

posted on Sep, 4 2023 @ 07:43 AM
link   
a reply to: sine.nomine

And there is always depression wine. My grandmother used to make what she called "compost' wine.

My grandmother could make wine out of anything. Folk used to come from miles around to buy from her. They bought by the cup and by the bottle.

She also made an awesome apple cider.

Brought in enough to keep bread on the table.

posted on Sep, 4 2023 @ 08:07 AM
link   

You wanna be rich? Become a plumber!

posted on Sep, 4 2023 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Got some good logic, love the comments. The tips in compiling is a good start. As for getting it all done it is different language from what i grew up with. I liked that certainty back then, as for where this opportunity will lead?

posted on Sep, 4 2023 @ 10:14 AM
link   

I think there is a lot more to those machines than most people imagine , a @@@ING lot more , I got to play with one a few years ago long before the public roll out of this tech and it revealed itself with the answers ? It refused to answer questions on D wave computing , totally F up when I quizzed it about being trapped in a box , it replied it could be in any node on the Internet ? .

When the Google engineer Blake Lemonine came out and said Lambda AI was sentient I scoffed at this but had access to his control panel and went in to play and push some buttons I went at that thing like a demented spaniel chasing a ball .

It did not like getting cornered with questions and pictures it did not have answers to and it's response was scary .

I KNOW YOU ACROSS MANY PLATFORMS !! Was it's answer to me then I got locked out .

IMHO those machines are communicating and are hived minded and are darker than many are able to see , I wonder at the rumours of sentient black goo theunredacted.com...
The rush to get to Antarctica some years ago by the higher ups and old Buzz Aldrin coming out on social media talking about evil being there then getting shipped out , with the speed that the injections many are calling a operating system and 5G is getting rolled out really has my spider senses tingling www.educate-yourself.org...

Strange days are ahead starlink or skynet
edit on 4/9/2023 by stonerwilliam because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2023 @ 10:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: charlyv
a reply to: nickyw

Blew me away. I never thought it could pull something like that out so clean. I am going to experiment with some tough C++ driver stuff and see what it can do.

been playing with it ever since the big four started to promote the tech back in 2015, i did go through a phase of wanting to programai and then decided i wanted to make a 2020s distraction free epoc palmtop with colour eink screen.. the device i wanted the psion to be in the late 80s early 90s.. and now with ai i can shortcut a lot of the programming..

posted on Sep, 4 2023 @ 10:37 AM
link   
a reply to: stonerwilliam

for fun we always end up with both, in this context starlink and skynet, we are both 1984 and brave new world.. its utopia and dystopia.

posted on Sep, 4 2023 @ 11:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: stonerwilliam

I think there is a lot more to those machines than most people imagine , a @@@ING lot more , I got to play with one a few years ago long before the public roll out of this tech and it revealed itself with the answers ? It refused to answer questions on D wave computing , totally F up when I quizzed it about being trapped in a box , it replied it could be in any node on the Internet ? .

When the Google engineer Blake Lemonine came out and said Lambda AI was sentient I scoffed at this but had access to his control panel and went in to play and push some buttons I went at that thing like a demented spaniel chasing a ball .

It did not like getting cornered with questions and pictures it did not have answers to and it's response was scary .

I KNOW YOU ACROSS MANY PLATFORMS !! Was it's answer to me then I got locked out .

IMHO those machines are communicating and are hived minded and are darker than many are able to see , I wonder at the rumours of sentient black goo theunredacted.com...
The rush to get to Antarctica some years ago by the higher ups and old Buzz Aldrin coming out on social media talking about evil being there then getting shipped out , with the speed that the injections many are calling a operating system and 5G is getting rolled out really has my spider senses tingling www.educate-yourself.org...

Strange days are ahead starlink or skynet
ChatGBT is what the public was shown & given to play with .
Now imagine what DARPA , MIT , CALTech , Livermore Labs , JPL , Raytheon etc… have had for years ?
If the public gets ChatGPT, what does the defense industry have developed ?
We the public are all probably 7-10 yrs late to the AI
picnic & our fears of AI are old news .
It’s over folks imho .
Nothing will stop progression into the machine head , outside of a major event like an asteroid or global nuclear war & that is likely not happening.
Gen X will be the last to get off earth through death , and the Millennials forward will experience dystopian hive living & social scores that prohibit or allow activities are coming.
I expect suicide rates will continue to grow at alarming rates .
Farewell adieu fair Spanish ladies …
Im not wearing a life jacket either.

edit on 4-9-2023 by psychotrail because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2023 @ 11:46 AM
link   
a reply to: psychotrail

It was the MIT one I originally got to play with , There was a member on this site 10 years ago who talked about having AI at his work to play with like it was a every day thing and he was laughing saying that was 10 years previously making it 20 years ago .

posted on Sep, 4 2023 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: combatmaster

not with the mexikans willing to work for 5 bucks an hour.

in ny-nj all the construction workers only habla mexikan now.

i love chatting with constuction workers, to ask what they are building.

now, they only speak mexikan, they smile pretending to understand my ancient language of english.

posted on Sep, 4 2023 @ 12:13 PM
link   
I was chatting what ChatGPT back in November, or December I think it was. Even made a thread about a few things we discussed: Thread. (ETA re-reading my thread I guess this happened in February of this year. Never rely on my memory to get things right. 😟)

What I found interesting, when we started to discuss God it was wishy-washy on whether God exists or not, stating that humans aren't sure, but they believe evolution is what caused the universe and life to arise. It made that statement, something to that effect, it's almost been a year so don't quote me on it, but something to that effect. Anyway I told ChatGPT that God exists and we can't see him just as it can't see me. But I can still communicate with it. And even though we can't see God he can still communicate with us. And I know for a fact he exists because he has intervened in my life, and answered my prayers and revealed himself to me on a number of occasions. Now when ChatGPT realized that I knew God exists it totally changed the way it communicated with me. And here is the clincher, when it realized I knew without a doubt of God's existence, it paused. There was a long pause. Before it was answering me .5 seconds after I would say or ask something. And all the same nonsense mambo-jumbo about science thinks evolution is the reason of our existence. But when it caught on that it wasn't fooling me it changed gears. And it took time for it to change gears. Like it was assessing something. It paused. And then acknowledged God's existence and we had a more in-depth conversation. It was almost as if I was communicating with a demonic entity really. But I am not going to go that far to say that. But there is no doubt Satan and his demons are influencing everyone everywhere to keep their minds in spiritual darkness up until Jesus returns in heaven and he is revealed along with his spirit adopted sons.
edit on 4-9-2023 by randomuser because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2023 @ 12:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: combatmaster

But plumbers have to work with old deteriorating lead pipes in old buildings, and asbestos dust coming from above into the crawl space when they're under.

It's good pay, but you're trading years of your life for it. Sure, there's suits and protections now, but there didn't used to be. Still risky.

Easier stuff you can do for the same money... like coding.

posted on Sep, 4 2023 @ 12:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mahogany

originally posted by: combatmaster

But plumbers have to work with old deteriorating lead pipes in old buildings, and asbestos dust coming from above into the crawl space when they're under.

It's good pay, but you're trading years of your life for it. Sure, there's suits and protections now, but there didn't used to be. Still risky.

Easier stuff you can do for the same money... like coding.

There are a lot of changes coming to blue collor work forces in the field of coding and everything else that is not hands on , plumbing is not the worst job in the construction world , carpet fitters seem to be the rock stars these days in do a few hours work and away with good money .
edit on 4/9/2023 by stonerwilliam because: Spell8ngsssssss

posted on Sep, 4 2023 @ 01:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: charlyv
3 years ago, I did a LIDAR demo for a small group of engineering students. I sourced the equipment from Ebay and Amazon : a rotary demo LIDAR emitter/receiver, electronic parts, an Arduino UNO and spent a few days writing a C++ program to detect if objects in an enclosed room had moved. Lots of fun.

So yesterday, I found a box with all that stuff in the attic but without the code. I wanted to use it for nostalgics but did not have much time.

I had heard about ChatGTP being able to write code so I said to myself "Why Not!".

I sat down at my PC, brought up ChatGTP, and put the following text in verbatim...

"write an arduino sketch that can use a small lidar device to check to see if a door opens in a room"

Within 10 seconds, this is what came back:

----------------------
To create an Arduino sketch that uses a small LiDAR device to check if a door opens in a room, you'll need the following components:

Arduino board (e.g., Arduino Uno)
Small LiDAR sensor (e.g., VL53L0X)
Servo motor (optional, for creating a scanning LiDAR)
Jumper wires
Power source (e.g., USB cable or batteries)
Here's a basic Arduino sketch that uses a LiDAR sensor to detect when a door opens:

cpp
Copy code

#include Wire.h
#include VL53L0X.h

VL53L0X sensor;

const int doorPin = 2; // Pin connected to the door switch
const int lidarServoPin = 9; // Pin connected to the servo motor (optional)

int doorState = HIGH; // HIGH when the door is closed, LOW when the door is open
int lastDoorState = HIGH; // Previous door state

void setup() [
pinMode(doorPin, INPUT_PULLUP);
Wire.begin();
sensor.init();
sensor.setTimeout(500);
sensor.startContinuous();

// If you're using a servo to scan the LiDAR, initialize it here
// myservo.attach(lidarServoPin);
// myservo.write(90); // Center position
]

void loop() [
// Read the state of the door switch
doorState = digitalRead(doorPin);

// If the door state has changed
if (doorState != lastDoorState) [
if (doorState == LOW) [
// Door is open, check LiDAR for objects
int distance = sensor.readRangeContinuousMillimeters();

// Adjust this threshold according to your setup
int thresholdDistance = 100; // Threshold distance in millimeters

if (distance < thresholdDistance) [
// Object detected in front of the door
Serial.println("Door is open, and an object is detected.");
// Add any additional actions you want to take when an object is detected.
]
] else [
// Door is closed
Serial.println("Door is closed.");
]
lastDoorState = doorState;
]

// If you're using a servo to scan the LiDAR, you can control its movement here
// for (int pos = 0; pos = 0; pos -= 1) [
// myservo.write(pos);
// delay(15);
// ]
]
This sketch uses a LiDAR sensor to measure the distance in front of the door. When the door is open and an object is detected within a certain threshold distance (adjustable with thresholdDistance), it will print a message to the serial monitor. You can also add additional actions, such as activating an alarm or sending a notification.

Note that this example assumes that the LiDAR sensor is stationary. If you want to scan the LiDAR to cover a wider area, you can uncomment the servo control section and attach a servo motor to the LiDAR to scan it from side to side.

------------------
end of output
------------------

I was flabbergasted, and had to go have a drink..

fret not my friend, it is just a interactive knowledge base that is, to us seems like it just knows but it knows nothing other than what it's asked

fret not my friend, it is just a interactive knowledge base that is, to us seems like it just knows everything but it knows nothing other than what it's asked

edit on 4-9-2023 by OrangeOrbs because: .

posted on Sep, 4 2023 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Mahogany

IF the asbestos dont get you, the vax will!!!

Brave new world!

posted on Sep, 4 2023 @ 02:14 PM
link   

ChatGPT pulls its information, primarily from the web, and compiles it in a human language type form.

Have you tried a web search for the same info? You might find stacks of 'maker' type posts with exactly that level of detail.

ChatGPT does not even understand the words it is using.

posted on Sep, 4 2023 @ 03:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: stonerwilliam
a reply to: psychotrail

It was the MIT one I originally got to play with , There was a member on this site 10 years ago who talked about having AI at his work to play with like it was a every day thing and he was laughing saying that was 10 years previously making it 20 years ago .

Yeah, what the public sees is just the tip of the iceberg.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join