It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Proton Battery tech that’s Cheaper and Kinder to Nature – Spell the end for lithium?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2023 @ 06:44 AM
link   
a reply to: datguy

My money is on FORD. Long term investment ~ 5+ years. TLSA is @ $245 / share and it hasn't made money yet?

FORD s making money but the retooling to EV cost big bucks and time yet they pay a 5% dividend on the $12 stock price. Could Elon be phasing out of making cars but get into the battery charging arena down the road?

So DOE has loaned FORD $9.5 Billion. Even uncle sam doesn't want to lose money.

posted on Sep, 4 2023 @ 07:17 AM
link   
Toyota recently announced a new Lithium Ion battery technology that is solid state, boasts a 960 mile range, and can be fully charged in 10 minites. They said it would be commercially viable by 2025.

posted on Sep, 4 2023 @ 08:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Untame

Yes, I read that. Quantum Scape in USA is also headed there but their prototype batteries are now in field trials. The big boys [Toyota] will always get there first because of their procedures and infrastructure.

They will fix this EV battery situation aka explosions and cost.

posted on Sep, 4 2023 @ 09:11 AM
link   
New tech seems to come out every year, but never ends up being a commercial product.
Don't hold your breath

posted on Sep, 4 2023 @ 10:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Waterglass

There are also other U.S. based EV companies that most haven't heard of
Rivian, Arcimoto, Lightening E-motors, Canoo, and others smaller companies throughout Europe like Polestar and Sono group

None of them have received the big backing like ford has but all seem to have niche market, especially designed for use in local urban markets where charging has higher viability.

Clearly (if looking at the charts and company technicals [10-q, 10-k]) some are more viable than others for investment purposes.

Biden has a thing with Elon, I think its personal but the two clearly do not like each other.
edit on 04am301000000023 by datguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2023 @ 11:01 AM
link   
a reply to: datguy

Agree on Biden and Elon. Yes, many companies are out there and we have to do our own work as many analysists are hucksters

posted on Sep, 4 2023 @ 11:59 AM
link   

I hopes theres researches is credibles.

posted on Sep, 4 2023 @ 12:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheLieWeLive

Bitcoin is the no-brainer investment, I like the risk and I am betting on who bumps Bitcoin and Ethereum out of the top spots. No one stays on top forever.

The only problem is, while one of the strengths of bitcoin is in the genius of the protocol, it could have easily been destroyed early on.

But now, its primary strength is in the network itself, and there isn't a network anywhere in the world that even remotely approaches one TENTH of the strength of the bitcoin network.

I personally believe that 99.99^ of all of the other coins will be gone in the next 1 to 5 years max, but I'll allow for the possibility that XRP may live on for a while if, as is seemingly very likely, it is selected as the vehicle for the Feds attempt at their CBDC (which I believe is doomed to fail).

No, the future of money is bitcoin. The only way to stop it now is to simply shut down the power grid and/or the internet completely.

posted on Sep, 4 2023 @ 12:18 PM
link   

The proton battery is in fact a hydrogen dry cell - wherein you don't use a container of fluid and electricity to produce hydrogen but rather contains pre-existing hydrogen and passes the catalyst through a membrane. What I find interesting is that they seem to have made a chemical reaction not requiring input power. If in fact it can be scaled up for use in vehicles, we'll have massive explosions (hydrogen) instead of fires that are hard to put out so if frees up emergency rooms and firemen to do other things.

posted on Sep, 5 2023 @ 06:13 AM
link   
a reply to: billxam

What is the difference between wet cell and dry cell hydrogen?

Dry cell produces less HHO gas compared to wet type for the same design conditions. Dry cell has the less heat generated, less waste energy and less corrosion compared to wet cell. Dry cell has safety characteristics about wet cell.Apr 6, 2021

posted on Sep, 5 2023 @ 06:25 AM
link   
a reply to: tanstaafl

No, the future of money is bitcoin. The only way to stop it now is to simply shut down the power grid and/or the internet completely.

When countries go to digital currency many will go to currency like bitcoin. That would collapse tax collection?

My guess is they would shut down the internet or use AI to blow up the transactions?

posted on Sep, 5 2023 @ 08:21 AM
link   

The EV world has two major problems, and both are holding it back severely. First is batteries, the life, capacity, and cost of these things is absurd. Nevermind the ongoing environmental issues.

Second is power generation. The US power grid can hardly handle a heat wave, let alone millions of cars charging at the same time. We need 20+ nuke plants brought online ASAP across the US if it's going to support cars. Solar and Wind are a supplemental power source at best. Unreliable.

posted on Sep, 5 2023 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a reply to: thejohnfist

alone millions of cars charging at the same time.

Charging at night at home?

IMO our government isn't that corrupt or stupid to do that. They are all the the dole with their pensions

posted on Sep, 5 2023 @ 07:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Waterglass
a reply to: tanstaafl

When countries go to digital currency many will go to currency like bitcoin. That would collapse tax collection?

No, why would you think that?

My guess is they would shut down the internet

While this is always a possibility, that would also break all of their other tools of tyranny and suppression.

or use AI to blow up the transactions?

The bitcoin network is far too strong for that at this point. That is one of its primary strengths, and why no other #coin can even come close to unseating it, and likely never will.

If anything ever does replace bitcoin, it will almost certainly be bitcoin 2.0 that evolves from the current network using the required consensus of the majority of the nodes in operation.
edit on 5-9-2023 by tanstaafl because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join