It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A study from The Lancet finds a lower risk of developing Long COVID

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2023 @ 05:33 PM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn
Looks down at chest..Nope 52 year old Australian male with Mediterranean ancestry...Last I heard statistics say 15% of population get Long Covid.Over 2 years here now.

posted on Sep, 28 2023 @ 08:13 AM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

Here is some hard data on Long COVID physical effects from a cardiac surgeon:

Harry Spoelstra
@HarrySpoelstra
Increased intra-pulmonary shunt and alveolar dead space post COVID-19

❗Interesting study on Unvaccinated!

➡️"Using novel methodology quantifying intrapulmonary shunt and alveolar dead space in COVID-19 patients up to 403 day after acute illness, 37% had increased intrapulmonary shunt and 86% had elevated alveolar dead space likely due to independent C19-related pathology"
➡️"Elevated shunt was partially related to severe acute illness, increased alveolar dead space was weakly related to increasing age"
➡️"Ventilation was increased in the majority of patients regardless of previous disease severity"
➡️"These results demonstrate persisting gas exchange abnormalities after C19 recovery"
journals.physiology.org...

Some of the above is terminology I'm not familiar with (my last classes in medical terminology, human anatomy + physiology were in the 1970s), but the alveoli are the lung cells that actively exchange carbon dioxide for oxygen. So the phrase "increased alveolar dead space" refers to the death (and thus absence) of working lung cells, not a good thing.

posted on Sep, 28 2023 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Right.

I have a wealthy friend that travels alot. Never had any problems with air travel.

Now, she has a problem in her left lung nearly every time she flies. Since she had COVID. She gets a weird pneumonia that doctors cannot figure out, but it's real.

The pattern is becoming so regular now, that they don't want her to fly. Which will really effect the quality of her life.

There is alot we don't understand.

posted on Sep, 28 2023 @ 08:59 AM
link   
a reply to: CoyoteAngels

It's possible, but I suspect most of it neuroticism. Like gluten allergies, 90% of people who claim they have them just want attention.

As far as long covid, it's likely vaccine injuries.

posted on Sep, 28 2023 @ 09:13 AM
link   

May I ask where you received you medical training and how long have you practiced?

posted on Oct, 1 2023 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Just wondering what stats are for Cancer pre and post Covid?Seems to be where I live to be an increase in Cancer patients.

posted on Oct, 14 2023 @ 06:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Blackfinger ---- great question ... when I see any data on that, I will report back here.

posted on Oct, 14 2023 @ 06:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: LordAhriman

The first person I knew to have it was a poor, old black woman who worked in Walmart deli. Messed her up bad enough that she had to quit, and is now disabled.

It typically affects people who have COVID-19 that lingers longer than a week. For the vast majority of people that have COVID well under a week will really not have much, but as COVID-19 lingers in your system it is dumping the spike protein the whole time, and as you push 2 weeks that protein starts to affect your lung sacks. This is why people had O2 levels drop to dangerous levels, so what happens is people end up with long-term issues that the COVID leaves behind.

posted on Oct, 14 2023 @ 07:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Uphill

I thought metformin had been recalled. Here it is causes cancer surprise surprise... www.healthcentral.com...

edit on 14-10-2023 by anonentity because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2023 @ 07:59 AM
link   
a reply to: putnam6 ---- here is new data on science factors that are key to understanding how Long COVID does what it does:

www.aol.com...

Since these initial studies were (recently) published, epidemiologists in the US and elsewhere have started to review their understanding of Long COVID.

posted on Oct, 18 2023 @ 08:01 AM
link   

edit on 10/18/2023 by Uphill because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2023 @ 04:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Uphill
a reply to: putnam6 ---- here is new data on science factors that are key to understanding how Long COVID does what it does:

www.aol.com...

Since these initial studies were (recently) published, epidemiologists in the US and elsewhere have started to review their understanding of Long COVID.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join