It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A study from The Lancet finds a lower risk of developing Long COVID

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2023 @ 10:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: tanstaafl
And when they are faking it to take advantage of the system and steal from me (and all of the other net contributors)?

They're not faking it, so its not a conversation that can happen.

My friends and family aren't undercutting your welfare checks.

posted on Sep, 6 2023 @ 04:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Mantiss2021

Back in 2018 a friend of mine with generally good health, in his 20s, wound up in hospital with full blown influenza. It took him a while to recover afterwards, but he is back to full health now.

It's funny how so many seem to have forgotten these issues with already existing viruses have always occurred. Even before "covid" a virus could really knock you down and lead to other complications.

posted on Sep, 6 2023 @ 10:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: LordAhriman
a reply to: tanstaafl
They're not faking it,

Prove it...

My friends and family aren't undercutting your welfare checks.

Never needed welfare, I'm fully capable of providing for myself and my family.

posted on Sep, 6 2023 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Prove it...

How would I do that? Do you want to come meet my sister? Or my wife's cousin who actually flatlined twice from covid, and lived to tell about it? My elderly buddy who was one of the first cases in our state, spent 6 weeks in the hospital, and could never walk more than a few feet at a time again after he was discharged? Well you can't meet him, he died 3 weeks ago.

Here's my wife's cousin.

posted on Sep, 6 2023 @ 12:23 PM
link   

How would I do that?

So its ok for you to demand proof of impossible things, but not the other way around... got it...

Do you want to come meet my sister? Or my wife's cousin who actually flatlined twice from covid, and lived to tell about it? My elderly buddy who was one of the first cases in our state, spent 6 weeks in the hospital, and could never walk more than a few feet at a time again after he was discharged? Well you can't meet him, he died 3 weeks ago.

I don't know anyone who even died from Covid, let alone has long covid, nor do I know anyone who does, nor do any of the people I've ever asked about this... so - and this is simply by considering the source - apparently you have lots of friends who got the jabs and/or have major multiple comorbidities - that or you're just gaslighting everyone.

Here's my wife's cousin.

Yes, as I have said many many times, they murdered many people with the vents and their deadly remdesivir. Seems your wife's cousin was very lucky to have escaped with his life. You do know that ventilators cause major lung damage when not used properly, as the vast majority were not during covid, right? Also, I'm wondering how many doses of remdesivir did he get, and how much liver and other organ damage did it cause for him?

posted on Sep, 6 2023 @ 12:32 PM
link   

I don't know anyone who even died from Covid, let alone has long covid, nor do I know anyone who does, nor do any of the people I've ever asked about this... so - and this is simply by considering the source - apparently you have lots of friends who got the jabs and/or have major multiple comorbidities - that or you're just gaslighting everyone.

Good for you! That must mean it doesn't happen. None of these people were vaccinated when they got sick, it wasn't even available yet, and other than one of them being in his 70s, there were no preexisting conditions. None.

Yes, as I have said many many times, they murdered many people with the vents and their deadly remdesivir. Seems your wife's cousin was very lucky to have escaped with his life. You do know that ventilators cause major lung damage when not used properly, as the vast majority were not during covid, right? Also, I'm wondering how many doses of remdesivir did he get, and how much liver and other organ damage did it cause for him?

And you are wrong. People were put on vents because they could no longer breathe on their own. There was a 100% chance they would have died without it. I know 6 people who were vented, only 2 died. They other 4 would have died without it.

So ignorant.

posted on Sep, 6 2023 @ 12:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Uphill

Is Long Covid the Same as A Little Pregnant ?

posted on Sep, 6 2023 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Good for you! That must mean it doesn't happen. None of these people were vaccinated when they got sick, it wasn't even available yet, and other than one of them being in his 70s, there were no preexisting conditions. None.

Do you have any idea how many people have comorbidities even if they haven'
t been diagnosed with them?

Pretty much everyone that eats a standard diet.

And you are wrong. People were put on vents because they could no longer breathe on their own.

Yes - because they were not treated at all until they got so bad they had to be admitted to the ICU. That was the 'standard of care' pushed by the WHO the CDC/AMA (and the HHS in the UK).

Whereas if they had simply been given some steroids they most likely wouldn't have had to be put on vents, and certainly not if they had been treated early on with Ivermectin.

There was a 100% chance they would have died without it. I know 6 people who were vented, only 2 died.

How much remdesivir did they receive?

They other 4 would have died without it.

They almost certainly wouldn't have needed it in the first place had they actually been treated early on.

So ignorant.

Why yes, yes you are...

posted on Sep, 6 2023 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Do you have any idea how many people have comorbidities even if they haven'
t been diagnosed with them?

Pretty much everyone that eats a standard diet.

So you're saying that covid is dangerous to almost everyone?

Yes - because they were not treated at all until they got so bad they had to be admitted to the ICU. That was the 'standard of care' pushed by the WHO the CDC/AMA (and the HHS in the UK).

Whereas if they had simply been given some steroids they most likely wouldn't have had to be put on vents, and certainly not if they had been treated early on with Ivermectin.

Ivermectin πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚

They were all definitely treated with steroids and other meds before vents were involved. The vents came after days or even weeks of other treatments.

How much remdesivir did they receive?

No clue. Not sure if they had any or not.

They almost certainly wouldn't have needed it in the first place had they actually been treated early on.

You're so confident and incorrect at the same time, it's painful to watch.

Why yes, yes you are...

πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚

Everything you have said is incorrect. Everything.

posted on Sep, 6 2023 @ 04:38 PM
link   

So you're saying that covid is dangerous to almost everyone?

To those who are unhealthy and believe the lies they are told by the MSM and their so called medical officials, and refuse to take appropriate action to keep themselves out of the death houses (aka hospitals)..

Ivermectin πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚

Yes, Ivermectin - that stuff that was vilified, but is now well known to be extremely effective, especially if used early on.

They were all definitely treated with steroids and other meds before vents were involved.

This is almost certainly just wrong, since those treatments were strictly forbidden by the standard of care that was pushed by the medical mafia.

The vents came after days or even weeks of other treatments.

Nope - after days or weeks of simply being told to go home and wait it out. No recommendations for any supplements or anything else.

No clue. Not sure if they had any or not.

Since that was the only approved treatment, and a part of the vent protocol, they got it...

You're so confident and incorrect at the same time, it's painful to watch.

The cognitive dissonance in this one is strong, Luke.

Everything you have said is incorrect. Everything.

posted on Sep, 8 2023 @ 12:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Uphill
a reply to: putnam6 ---- I did say in my OP (at top of this thread) that I admit to fearing *only* Long COVID ... that's because of the documented brain damage which evidently accompanies Long COVID.

On US health insurance availability, I have been aware for decades (especially when I worked in health care) that my lack of comprehensive health insurance is not unique to me. I have basic insurance but have not yet bothered to get insurance for medication coverage, because I agree with others on this thread that far too many medications are not worth taking due to eye-watering lists of side effects, and then there's the often unreasonable cost that is not always completely covered by insurance.

Oh, another alternative healing method that works for me so far is the Blood Type diet, which improved areas of my health that did not respond to any other treatments.

You raise the question of whether doctors should be trusted. I worked in health environments with hundreds of doctors, sometimes on medical audit committees in hospitals where their own patterns of practice went under the microscope. For my own family's medical care, we look first for a doctor who is a good communicator. Then we look for confirmation of diagnoses, getting an outside opinion when needed, etc.

"It's not increasing the quality of life" ... I hear you. That's why my family and I have used a number of alternative and complementary medicine strategies from time to time.

In conclusion, it's a darn good idea to avoid Long COVID. Raw organic ginger is a healing food I recommend to ward off infections ... it's an immune system multiplier and it accelerates healing ... not many natural foods can do all that.

No you are missing my point, just because doctors are using Covid and long Covid as possible issues for concerns doesn't make it so to the degree they believe.

No one I know who had COVID has had anything but mild symptoms no long COVID. My sister had a high fever and went to the hospital. She was home in a couple of days.

Hell, I am an at-risk person former smoker completely unvaxxed and I don't even know if I ever got Covid. I think I did but it was so mild I barely noticed 2-3 days tops. Back in the 90s, I had double pneumonia so bad it scarred my lungs a little bit, and I was in much better shape then it knocked me on my ass for 2-3 weeks, and it was a while till I was back.

In conclusion, I've got a myriad of health concerns more prominent in my life, family, and social circle, and considering it's the same medical establishment telling me to watch out for long COVID also told me my kidneys were shot, so was my prostate, prediabetic with high blood all of which I needed to be on drugs forever.

15-16 months later just by adjusting my diet and taking a few supplements, I am in better shape than I was the last 5-6 years, and if my Meneires treatment continues to work Its just icing on the cake.

and we haven't even discussed why flu season was non existent during COVID.

posted on Sep, 8 2023 @ 12:13 AM
link   

I thought Metformin was being pulled because of adverse events. like too many contra indications./

posted on Sep, 8 2023 @ 06:42 AM
link   
a reply to: LordAhriman

What are the chances and as part of initial and ongoing research, different WHO protocol 'recommendations' weren't rolled out in different countries/areas?

Of course, that would be crazy and nothing to do with keeping people fighting amongst themselves.

posted on Sep, 9 2023 @ 08:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI
a reply to: LordAhriman

For a metalhead, you sure carry alot of authoritarian water.......

But hey, you're in good company these days.

This guidance explains that long COVID can be a disability under Titles II (state and local government) and III (public accommodations) of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA),3 Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 (Section 504),4 and Section 1557 of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (Section 1557).5 Each of these federal laws protects people with disabilities from discrimination.6 This guidance also provides resources for additional information and best practices. This document focuses solely on long COVID, and does not address when COVID-19 may meet the legal definition of disability.

Link

It's almost like there's a concerted effort to allow for people to fall into more and more social programs....even if the gov't arguably causes them.

You're not wrong here; precursor to UBI and CBDC's if you ask me

I'm in the UK, and the MSM tabloids DAILY in my newsfeed have articles promoting how you can claim PIP (Personal Independence Payment, formerly Disability Living Allowance)

It's always been notoriously hard to get even with reams of medical evidence to the point that many, many applicants have to appeal and ultimately go to Tribunal

Almost always the assessment process involves a Face to Face appointment with a 'medical professional' (who can be anything from a nurse, EMT etc), and they are notorious for lying in their reports to cut down successful applications

I applied just after Christmas and was awarded straight away after filling in the form and having a 30minute telephone 'assessment', basically a questionnaire and to be quite honest it would be very easy to game them

I had almost ZERO medical evidence (having not seen my GP since before Covid) yet - awarded (albeit at a slightly lower level than I should get)

Having been through the process years ago I was stunned at how quickly they threw it at me

They aren't doing this for no reason and a quick peek at online disability help groups shows that people are getting it far easier than they've ever done before either

Sure makes you wonder doesn't it?

posted on Sep, 9 2023 @ 09:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Uphill ---- in Long COVID research, new evidence finds hijacking of the mitochondria:

www.statnews.com...

posted on Sep, 12 2023 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: putnam6 ----- yesss, there are so many worthy questions on these subjects. It will take me some time to respond fully, but I can start by posting here a recent two hour BOOK-TV interview with US science writer David Quammen about his recent book Breathless ---- on the COVID-19 pandemic. I watched the video, since the auto-produced "transcript" is too chaotic for me to follow. Here is that link:

www.c-span.org.../depth-david-quammen

At one point, Quammen expressed surprise that Kinshasha, capital of the Democratic Republic of Congo, fared much better than he thought it would when COVID-19 finally arrived there. When I ask him about the upcoming + updated paperback edition of Breathless, I will point out to him the connection between US epidemiology professor Anne Rimoin, PhD and Kinshasha ... she arranged for several plane-loads of medical supplies to be air-lifted to them in the last few years, as well as assisting on the ground there herself in the distribution + use of those materials. The other anti-viral advantage I know of for Kinshasha is their relative lack of access to hyper-processed Western foods, which are known to drag down the human immune system, plus the much greater physical activity levels of African peoples compared with urbanized areas of Earth. (Higher physical activity levels and less processed food intake have been shown to greatly reduce inflammation levels in the human circulatory system.)

posted on Sep, 12 2023 @ 02:51 PM
link   
a reply to: putnam6 ---- Eric Topol, MD, virus research director of Scripps La Jolla Translation Institute in California (founded by Jonas Salk, MD), just posted a graph from the US CDC on who gets Long COVID in the USA:

www.cdc.gov...

I'm off computers to do family stuff, will be back on ATS in a few days.

posted on Sep, 25 2023 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Here are some recent results of medical scans which show the level of residual damage in major body organs following infection with COVID-19:

news.sky.com...

posted on Sep, 25 2023 @ 09:05 AM
link   

a reply to: Uphill ---- here is a link to the free full-text journal article on this medical breakthrough in The Lancet medical journal:

www.thelancet.com...(23)00299-2/fulltext

Has anyone done a deep enough dive to determine what is the mechanism by which metformin woks against it?

I'm curious, but not enough to spend the time (don't know anyone who has it, so no motivation)...

posted on Sep, 25 2023 @ 09:25 AM
link   

a reply to: GoShredAK One of the UK's leading national and international medical journals, The Lancet subjects its included medical studies such as the above in the OP to rigorous fact-checking and biostatistics analysis.

Rotflmao!!! Thanks, I needed that...

In that journal article, those are real patients with real pain. Still disagree? Based on what?

Is this the same Lancet that falsely attacked and vilified HCQ?

Do I really have to say more? Ok, I will:

Peer review: a flawed process at the heart of science and journals...

Former editor of British Medical Journal says we should β€œassume that the research is fraudulent until there is some evidence to support it having happened and been honestly reported”

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join