It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Starfield - 4 Days to Lift Off !

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2023 @ 04:42 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex
Nvidia is failing with their new cards. Too many problems .I was considering the new 4000 series , but after what I have seen not now .
I have only used AMD CPUs since Intel locked the core on me during the PII days and sued AMD for exclusive rights to the multimedia extensions . Never went back . So , now , I am gloriously going back to AMD GPUs . A "Welcome Home" feeling.

posted on Aug, 28 2023 @ 05:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kurokage
I've been looking forward to this for a while now, pre-ordered it on CDKEYS for £44 a while back.
After all the delays I'm hoping it's not that buggy especially as I run a 3080TI.

It may not be the game .
My suggestion is to go with the "old fashioned" settings . Enable Windows "optimizations for windowed games" and HAGS . Check with the MSI tool to verify MSI is enabled and at most set to "normal priority" . If it is set to high , it may clash with NVME m.2s .

These are only suggestions based on a lifetime of gaming .Your mileage may vary .
edit on 8/28/23 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2023 @ 05:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Turquosie

I'm really sad Bethesda was bought about by Microsoft. I almost want to buy an xbox purely to play this game. It looks so damn good. I'm a huge fan of Bethesda and really hate microsoft right now

Hope you enjoy the game!

Unlike mos deals like this , Microsoft basically left Bethesda alone and haven't bothered them .

posted on Aug, 28 2023 @ 05:38 PM
link   
I usually wait to give an "impression" until modders sort the mess.....

Just like Daggerfall , Morrowind, Oblivion , Fallout series , Skyrim series , .....

posted on Aug, 28 2023 @ 06:15 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

The only exception is Mass Effect (first three)

I’ve probably beat all those 20-50 times.

But 4 only a few times. The game is ok, but it’s just a modern game, not a real Mass Effect game.

posted on Aug, 29 2023 @ 02:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
After months of telling myself I can wait until the Sept 6th official launch it turns out I can't so I've jumped and gone for the Premium addition and the Sept 1st early access offer , with that comes a few cosmetics and some in game equipment but most importantly the Shattered Space story expansion which is due at some point in the future.

I never pre-order games but I've waited a long time for this , it's £86 on Steam but £71 on Greenman gaming and Fanatical so I figure as the base game is £50 and Shattered Space will likely retail at £20 - £25 it's a no brainer to get the Early Access.

So , 4 days left to wait , the indications are positive from what I've read so I'm curious if any ATS gamers are ready to go looting and shooting around the Settled Systems ?

I'll update the thread with my first (spoiler free) impressions at the weekend , if anyone else has gone for the EA please feel free to do the same.

To Infinity and Beyond !
Im excited, but still amazed with Baldur’s Gate 3 .
My guess is Starfield has over promised like most AAA titles . Look at the mess Cyberpunk was

posted on Aug, 29 2023 @ 03:56 AM
link   

after Bethesda #ed me and others with fallout76 im never pre-ordering a triple AAA title again

absolute waste of money

Starfield looks great, but ill wait until it launches and patches
because bugs from Bethesda are a given with everything they release

and no doubt there will be some game-breaking crap in there

I just got Baldurs Gate 3 so I'm happy for games just now, my mate also got me Aliens Dark Descent
So I have enough on my plate to keep me happy and the only title I really wanted this year was Stalker 2.

I get paid on Thursday so I will moist likely cave and buy it anyways because I love sci-fi

Enjoy day 1 game breaking bugs

posted on Aug, 29 2023 @ 03:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

Hats off to the mod community without which triple AAA titles would languish in obscurity within a year

I have played Skyrim fully modded and Fallout titles fully modded for years past their initial release

posted on Aug, 29 2023 @ 08:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

You should be fine with a 3080TI it's a beast of a card , I'm running a 3070 and a Ryzen 5700X which are above the recommended specs so fingers crossed.

I built my PC just after the release of the 3080TI and it's ran everything I've thrown at it so far.
Been looking forward to Starfield since it was a announced way back, I've had a fair few Bethesda games over the years with Skyrim being a great adventure so took the leap and pre-ordered Starfield but will hold off on the early access (more chance of a patch if theres any problems found by those playing early), I was stung before by Cyberpunk 2077, that was a dreadful game on releaase and had more bugs than an old tramps underpants.

posted on Aug, 29 2023 @ 08:48 AM
link   

I enjoyed playing Privateer back in the day.

Cheers

posted on Aug, 29 2023 @ 09:17 AM
link   
I buy it tommorow to preload so i can play during the weekend , because every week is a suprise on my work with how many things break down , gotta stay if critical equipment breaks down.

posted on Aug, 29 2023 @ 09:43 AM
link   

If you liked DOS2 you'll like BG3. My only real complaint so far is the ugly a$$ characters. Can't we get anything normal looking without all the off colored bad skin, scars, and ugly features?

posted on Aug, 29 2023 @ 09:52 AM
link   

I bought a Radeon 6900XT back when the only way to get an Nvidia card was thru a scalper. I've always built my computers with Nvidia cards, but I've been nothing but impressed with the 6900XT. Not a single issue with it and I'm running it alongside an Intel processor. No driver issues like the old AMD cards used to have. It's been a rockstar GPU since I built this rig.

posted on Aug, 29 2023 @ 11:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: sapien82

Hats off to the mod community without which triple AAA titles would languish in obscurity within a year

I have played Skyrim fully modded and Fallout titles fully modded for years past their initial release

You said it.
Skyrim SE original size on disk 14.29 gb . My folder - 80+ gb
Fallout 4 was even better , as I learned to convert esp and esm files to esl format . (those did not count against the 254 limit) .

posted on Aug, 29 2023 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: HeirHeart
Been looking at the 6900XT

posted on Aug, 29 2023 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

I get paid on Thursday so I will moist likely cave and buy it anyways because I love sci-fi

I caved and preordered so I can play early access. I have game pass and could have played next week, and was going to take a paid day for it😂

Then I did the math and decided a paid day is way more than just buying the game so I buckled.

posted on Aug, 29 2023 @ 12:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

originally posted by: Turquosie

I'm really sad Bethesda was bought about by Microsoft. I almost want to buy an xbox purely to play this game. It looks so damn good. I'm a huge fan of Bethesda and really hate microsoft right now

Hope you enjoy the game!

Unlike mos deals like this , Microsoft basically left Bethesda alone and haven't bothered them .

From what I heard, the only thing they did was let them delay longer and give them the money for the extra time in dev strictly to polish the game.

Allegedly it’s v1.6 on release.

I’ve been bamboozled before, but here’s to hope.

posted on Aug, 29 2023 @ 12:43 PM
link   
I recently upgraded to a 3060 TI and am looking for something new but not too new.

I'm interested in Metro Exodus as it looks like my type of thing and was wondering if anybody here has played it and would like to comment?

System:
Ryzen 5 5700X
32 GB
2 TB WD Black NVMe M.2
1 TB Intel NVMe M.2
3 2-TB WD Black HDDs
800 W PS
Win 10 Pro

Thanks and sorry if this isn't about Starfield!

posted on Aug, 29 2023 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: AdifferentOpinion

I'm interested in Metro Exodus as it looks like my type of thing and was wondering if anybody here has played it and would like to comment?

Good game , if you've played a Metro game before you know what to expect but this time you have a train , I finished it but got the bad ending.

I will try to do better next time.

edit on 29-8-2023 by gortex because: spelling

posted on Aug, 29 2023 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Yea.. I might buy an xbox S on ebay. Especially since the elder scrolls will probbaly be xbox/pc only too. I just got into elder scrolls' Daggerfall from 1996.

They were truely ahead of their time for that peroid. One of the biggest maps (procedurely generated mostly) in video games. I still think Elder Scrolls Morrowind was their best game to date. I do miss the hardcore RPG elements and freedom in these games which lacked a bit in Skyrim (mostly to appease to a wider audience).

Hope the game is amazing for you guys at least

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join