It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We're Doomed! A kid playing a video game is going to kill us all, We're in a simulated universe

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2023 @ 01:20 AM
link   
I just had this wild thought after seeing these video clips. Along with other things I've read over the years. If we really are living in a simulated universe as the scientist say we are, and I also believe this too. I say this because things are quantized, and you can watch the videos for other reasons. But my main thought here is the simulation is actually some kind of video game. Maybe it's kind of like Civilization, or Forge of Empires where you build a civilization up. But now some kid, or somebody is playing and they decide it's time to destroy it. You know, like kids do. That's why everything is going to hell right now. It's going to be the end of the world because that's literally what some kid wants to do in the video game. I know because I've seen my own kid do that sort of thing when he was young...scary to think about it applied to a universal scale

Alright, here's an attempt to put in links. If I miss, I'll put them in the next post.
Univ. Prof. Proofs Uiverse is a Simulation

And here's another clip about Error Correction
Discussion about Error Correction Code in Supersymmetry

Let's just hope there's an adult in the room...of course that probably won't help. I did perceive video people as real either, and stop my son.

Let's hope it's a more benign simulation, and not a game.

ff

posted on Aug, 20 2023 @ 01:37 AM
link   
It's more plausible that the simulation has been abandoned, and we're stuck with the most terrifying creatures ever concocted... Ourselves...

This is obviously not a new theory. If a kid wanted to end us as a game, it'd be over quick. So, I believe there's still plenty of quarters in the machine.

posted on Aug, 20 2023 @ 01:41 AM
link   
a reply to: fastfred

If you don't feel like playing the game you're probably an NPC...

Everything has an end, but the sausage has two...
edit on 20-8-2023 by Terpene because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2023 @ 01:51 AM
link   
"The universe is a simulation" is creationism for non-believers. It is "God of the gaps" by a different name. An exercise in either science fiction or intellectual laziness.

The video you posted is evidence of this enough. Professor Gates made no such claim. The narrator did. Presumably because Professor Gates is a scientist and the video uploader is a crackpot. The Professor actually did an interview at a later period and said it wasn't indicative of simulation.

posted on Aug, 20 2023 @ 03:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Ohanka

True, but it's interesting that the universe is quantized in the physical sense. With Plank's Constant @10 -34 , and time theorized to be @10 -33 (sorry don't know how to show them as exponents).
What is Plank's Constant
The Smallest Unit of Time

With the evidence presented by Professor Gates, and this quantization coupled with the holographic nature as well. I think that the evidence is stacking up in favor of this theory. It doesn't mean it's right, but things are leaning that way I think. Any actual counter points.

ff

posted on Aug, 20 2023 @ 03:12 AM
link   

FYI, I'm not a creationist, and I would prefer if our Universe wasn't a simulation. But whatever it is, it is. So we have to deal with it. I just wish that those in positions of power were more compassionate. Like they viewed the people under them like their little baby boy/girl when they were still very young cute and innocent. What a world that would be...I'm dreaming...

ff

posted on Aug, 20 2023 @ 03:31 AM
link   
I don't think we live in a simulation. It reads like a cheap excuse to not take responsibility, not taking life serious.

I rather think our souls are part of something bigger, and only experience time while we are bound to these bodies. Call it God, Nature or life's energy. This is why we have so many hints about reincarnation. Our soul may return to the source one day, after many life.

To this day I remember a fever dream that stuck in my head like a movie in HD. For a long time I didn't knew the meaning. I was very sick one time as a child. I remember having fever dreams and seizures, time speeding up and slowing down in my perception.

I won't share the complete dream but it was a wizard dressed guy, pointy hat, with a stern but loving expression, taking me by the hand up through an opening in the ceiling into a world that had a floor like made from these big balls children can use to hop around, just that only the top domes were visible. Other children and adult like "ghosts" were having the time of their life on these things, using them as trampoline. We watched and he pointed towards the group and said that's where I belong to, these are my people. I did not understand and the wizard kind of tried to explain to me that I can go home or stay, but no matter what, my decision will be final and I can not come back here for a long time.

I then only remember
1) not trusting the man
2) being confused and wanting to go home to my parents

I think what I met that day, could have been my spiritual guide and I may have died that night, or was very close, asked if I wanted to fight or give up.

I had that wizard in another dream when I was around 12 years old. Our whole premise/world was flooded with knee deep water and everyone was having fun. But then felt watched, turned around and up in the barn, there he was standing, looking down at me, holding up his finger as if to "watch out".

One and a half year later I got into an accident where my parents died and I was catapulted out of the car. Before the truck plowed through us, I had that inner feeling, almost voice to turn around and get my drinking bottle from the trunk (that was accessible from the inside of the car). I opened my seatbelt, turned around and the last thing I saw was the front of the truck and the lights getting dim.

I woke up when someone waiting on the other side of the train tracks finally could cross and pulled me out of a ditch full of water. The hospital where I was had wizard/ star themed wall in the kids waiting room. The wizzard on top of a waterfall, looking down on the scene. I don't really believe in randomness anymore.

posted on Aug, 20 2023 @ 05:10 AM
link   
Here’s why I think we’re living in a simulation, I started playing Civilization 5 the other day and now I’ve seen references to it everywhere when I never did before.

posted on Aug, 20 2023 @ 06:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Techno92LFC
That's because you use smartphones and or computers. I was looking for sandwich maker yesterday and oh surprise, everyone now wants to sell a sandwich maker to me. These things where you put in bread and close it so it toasts it and shuts it so the cheese won't run out.

I think it is much more plausible that big data got wind I want to buy a sandwich maker and feeding that data to advertising companies, then back to me... than the simulation giving me hints.

posted on Aug, 20 2023 @ 06:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: TDDAgain
a reply to: Techno92LFC
That's because you use smartphones and or computers. I was looking for sandwich maker yesterday and oh surprise, everyone now wants to sell a sandwich maker to me. These things where you put in bread and close it so it toasts it and shuts it so the cheese won't run out.

I think it is much more plausible that big data got wind I want to buy a sandwich maker and feeding that data to advertising companies, then back to me... than the simulation giving me hints.

I'd expect a sandwich maker machine to be way more of a hassle than just making a sandwich without it. Lol, the concept tickles my bones.

But yes, you're right about the advertising vs simulation.

Lol... Sandwich maker....

posted on Aug, 20 2023 @ 06:42 AM
link   
a reply to: sine.nomine

It's a device where you put in the bread and toppings and then it toasts the sandwitch and shut's it close at the edges. I have no idea how I am supposed to achieve this without a device like that. It's also a waffle iron at the same time and I don't know how to make waffles without one either

Please don't tell me this is, again, a German invented "English word" lol. Please not!

posted on Aug, 20 2023 @ 07:05 AM
link   
If it's a simulation, then I think it's more like the movie "Total Recall" or "Matrix". A synthetic reality you experience as an avatar, either alone while interacting with NPCs or one where others join in with their avatars.

posted on Aug, 20 2023 @ 07:20 AM
link   
a reply to: TDDAgain

I realize this is derailing the topic a bit, but I'm in stitches that you responded with that picture. It looks like a used waffle maker my now wife bought me when we were dating. And when the timer goes off, the beep fades from a slow low pitch to a high pitch (probably due to it's crappy wiring) and it's adorable. bwweeeeEeEEEEE!

BTW, it's a very reliable waffle maker. We still have it over a decade later.

posted on Aug, 20 2023 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Simulation "theory" isn't actually a theory. It's not even a hypothesis. It isn't even a coherent idea. There's no proof for it at all. Just people filling gaps in our collective knowledge with an easy answer.

Okay you're not a creationist. But even if the universe is a simulation it makes no difference one way or another. The universe could be a computer simulation, it could be a marble used by eldritch horrors to play games, it could be the passing hallucination of a schizophrenic or it could be the cosmic playground of something we call "God". None of that affects us in the here and now, nor would we have any way of knowing this, any ability to influence it and nor would it affect our observations of reality as we know it.

Safest bet since none of that can be proven or disproven one way or another is to simply assume reality exists. A reasonable assumption since you exist within it.

posted on Aug, 20 2023 @ 07:58 AM
link   
a reply to: sine.nomine
Ah no worries, since my post was 50% on topic, you inherited that legacy when you replied. Isn't math something beautiful?

See if you can turn around the plates, often it's also a sandwich maker at the same time. I think the propper word would be "sandwich toaster".

/derailment over

posted on Aug, 20 2023 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Excuse me...but doesn't that mean that "proof" is simulated by a simulated professor youre quoting?

Therefore...not true, but "simulated". Hey. It's your theory...

posted on Aug, 20 2023 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Okay, I'll give you that... It's not a theory, and it's not really a hypothesis...but it's an idea that closer to a hypothesis than just a random idea. And getting closer to a theory every day. There are people (scientist & engineers) working this very idea today.

Science is never settled. Remember that everything we think we know is just a model...a best guess of what reality really is. And we KNOW that our models are WRONG! because they do NOT work for ALL cases. We do not have a universal, unified model. It is bit piece at best. Micro vs Macro etc. (don't even getting into the chaotic world of thermodynamics...special cases for everything...so many assumptions/variables).

------

But to address the elephant in the room. If we are in a simulation, and it is finally proven to be the case at some point what does that mean for us?

1) Are we just NPCs? So when it's over it's over. Meaning either we die, or the sim stops???

2) Are we players in the sim, or trapped in it like the Matrix movie???

In case #1, case of ghosts and reincarnation could be just part of the simulation as is everything in it. But we are not real, and have no real immortal soul. We only want to believe this, and have been cultural raised to believe this.

In case#2, we reside somewhere outside this universe, and are somehow plugged into it. So when we die here, or the sim stops we continue there...wake up there??? Like in Avatar.

Sorry for the babbling. Anniversary of a parent's passing has me reflecting on some of these things while thinking about this stuff.

ff

posted on Aug, 20 2023 @ 10:12 AM
link   

That thing is a theoretical... But for an easy example of a; Planck Distance since in reality it is just a thought experiment.

The time and space; That it took from primordial humans recognizing; Something up in the sky we call a moon and then; From there to actually step a man on the moon.

That is the easiest way I can describe what Maxwell Planck's theoretical physics thought experiment; Is and does.

Many think it is a distance so infinitesimally small; That it's gravity is greater than all known objects in the universe that the universe came out of it as a result of the: Big bang; which is also simply an accepted theory yet to be proven fact.

Although it sounds nice; Separating theory and fact is very very important when it comes to accurately interpreting the world... Fortunately; Science does this when they say the 'known' unfortunately; It also adds 'universe' which is still just a theoretical concept of thought not fact. So saying known universe is a misnomer. As what is known is known limiting it to the yet unproven leaves us not making proper use of what is already known and present but still dreaming which just gives conception to more theory including those without a proper scientific method to establish that theory so it can be proven or dis-proven.

That is the same as; Making some term up and then sitting back to see what grows on it. However if real science does grow out of that term? Still stuck with it and all the; Will anything grow on that term which is also just one that's made up?

I'm not someone willing to throw out thousands of years of human known; For less than 200 years of; Theoretical physics where most of it was born out of thought experiments and then trying to apply equations to those thought experiments as PROOF that it is real... As math too is still a quasi incomplete working model of theory applied to the real world.

Math is the same way music is a theory; Where when there is a cacophony the equation is wrong... and yet a musical instrument or instruments were in fact present. In regards to math it is plugging in number after number into a variable representing something more complex than just a single number. Such is a roof one of rise over run. Just seeing r/r and saying it has to do with calculation of triangles would confuse oh so many people that think that is what trigonometry is for... Well it goes without saying that the equals is the third number; When someone says do a rise over run at the persons new job and they sit there staring blankly like; omg I just forgot everything I learned in college.

edit on 20-8-2023 by Crowfoot because: sp

posted on Aug, 20 2023 @ 04:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Crowfoot

To some of your points I agree, we are fumbling in the dark...making crap up to describe what we think is going the best we can. Our models clearly have issues, and they try their best to plug the holes while maintaining the overall structure of the model. A few brave souls try to look for a better model, and if they find one are often shot down by the established one. A case in point would be the Electric Universe vs Gravity Universe (if I got that right).

I agree though that people get so confused about applying math to the real world. About as far as most people get is balancing their bank account (maybe) and calculating sporting event odds etc. Even then not many do it very well without the aid of a computer (calc, or app.). When I was in Uni, I taught Calculus to business students. I never saw a room full of students that didn't want to be in a math class in my life. They all wanted to know why they had to take calculus. I told them there were two basic reasons. Compound interest (continuous) and to know if your accountants were cheating you. There are other reasons, but that was always enough to get them to buckle down and study. The engineering students were always better. They knew why they were there, and the value of math.

But, other than my stray thought about doom and gloom of a video game simulation; my point is that science isn't really settled. Our models have issues, and people hate to go back to ground zero and start over. So they cling to what they have and keep massaging it, and modifying it. To try as they may to make it work. I see similar things in programming with young (inexperienced, maybe bad coders) trying to do things the lazy way.

I think in order for us to properly model our world (Universe). We need to take a different perspective on it, and stop thinking of it as a physical place (which it's not in a sense). By this I mean, our model problems all arise from the particle-wave duality issue. Most of our models (the standard model) is derived thinking about the particle nature of matter, and not it's wave nature. I think we need to reverse this. We need to create a model based upon the wave nature of matter and energy fields, and hopefully the particle nature will fall out of that. Then we can deal with it there properly.

The key is vibration...frequency, phase, amplitude & spin direction
I have a feeling that everything else will derive from these basic properties of discrete bits of energy. Whether they be strings, brane or a sphere (brane can be a sphere too). I leave open the possibility of other properties I'm unaware of, possibly from other dimensions (?) that alter behavior. I say this because do we really understand the forces? How they work and interact...not really. We only have empirical experimental evidence at best. We have enough understanding for engineering purposes, and some science exploration. But we are still just groping around in the dark really hoping we don't get bitten. I'd love to know what secrets are stored away in the Vatican. The lost (not so lost) knowledge stored there could shed some light on all of this. As my research indicates that in the past, their views were more aligned with a frequency/vibration based model.

Oh well, here we are again on that same old merry go-round.

posted on Aug, 21 2023 @ 02:38 AM
link   

You're pointing directly at the 'electric' and what the model needs in your reply. After saying reality is; A dual wave function... Cymatics: At various frequencies; Or the waves you speak of produce kind of what the; Puffer fish makes. The reason why early scientists etc never argued god is that they saw order; They saw patterns that humans didn't make or produce and they felt the best way to pay homage to; Was to learn how.

Without human help without human design there was order, that there was beauty; In a time when the artist was stopping the world with literature, paint & music... As all of that was being called beautiful and inspired by god.

So of course; All of that renaissance was under the idea that; Order whether, made by man or inspired by nature was of the highest... Anything less unacceptable and thus; Orthodox was born, a method or teaching that when not changed by humans will consistently produce as an effect; The known outcome not only then; but forever... Into the future; As long as it remained that orthodox. It is exactly that process by which what we call science has grown so far and so fast in such a short amount of time despite; Human intelligence, aptitude and capacity around the world remaining the same even with all the social norms, morals, and laws that govern the average man(race, creed, national origin etc.) world-wide.

Since all of those saw order and that it required orthodox to repeat the desired result the expected outcome could and would be attained.

This is when a dark-side arose where eugenics etc. got into the mix; Is when why can't we take the non average man and make him into a scientist of the highest caliber; If the average man can get there? Despite trying to find a method and orthodox for that... It was and still is a failure human rights and ethics due to all of that was born out of that and it is still something that society grapples with where there is; Marginalization and base requirements for diplomas and degrees.

Then people deciding where that money goes says why aren't the kids doing better? Then blame the teachers not the marginalization that all high school students must know trigonometry or higher; When people still alive today though old, wrinkled and grey... would say; They would have only encountered basic Algebra of find X in college... Never in high school. For the common man it just wasn't practical.

Like you said; What most average people use math for; Their checkbooks and trying to beat the odds with it. To think that's what politicians have been doing with their checkbooks and our tax dollars in regards to people?

ramatic faint:

edit on 21-8-2023 by Crowfoot because: sp

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join