It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Purported names, photos and addresses of Fulton County grand jurors circulate on far-right internet

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2023 @ 02:53 PM
link   
a reply to: malte85

2016-2020 would like a word with you logic please......

posted on Aug, 17 2023 @ 02:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: malte85
a reply to: opethPA

this kind of warfare is practiced everywhere in the world. for a long time. in all camps. because by making names and addresses public and spreading them in your bubble, you want to achieve that the affected people are afraid. for their families, children, for themselves. it's a threat. and should there be a lunatic who actually does something, you can always say afterwards: i didn't call for that. trump gathers so many radicals under his wing and of course he ignites so it's quite likely that some supporters will take action. of course, sometimes it is just barking.

Might want to get confirmation from Supreme Court Justice Kavanaugh on that.

posted on Aug, 17 2023 @ 03:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Threadbare
The Fulton County Sheriff's Department has put out a press release stating they're looking into the threats.

They pretty much have to.

posted on Aug, 17 2023 @ 03:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

originally posted by: JIMC5499
Did the Grand Jury actually vote to indict Trump and the others?

they were so sure they would, they had the paperwork all ready to go for the 11PM presser. Likely just confidence in their ability.

Maybe, but, I wouldn't put it past them. I really think that the Dems are playing with a live grenade. In 2020 and 2021 the Courts refused to hear any of the lawsuits concerning the election. They stated that the people bringing the lawsuits didn't have "standing". Now because of these charges, if Trump or anybody else is convicted, the 2020 election is going to be revisited and the election is going to be the basis for a defense. That gives them standing that no Court can refute. The Dems could very well end up dropping that grenade at their feet and throwing the pin.

posted on Aug, 17 2023 @ 04:01 PM
link   
a reply to: JIMC5499

The Dems could very well end up dropping that grenade at their feet and throwing the pin.

that brought back a childhood memory. when i was about 13 a friend and i were lighting fire crackers using matches.
he lit one and threw the the box and stood there watching the box it until the firecracker blew up in his hand.
i just laughed and laughed. when we see each other in town now we laugh some more. he's a pretty good sport about it.

edit on 17-8-2023 by BernnieJGato because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2023 @ 04:04 PM
link   
a reply to: JIMC5499

I think when folks are desperate, they make mistakes. The left is really scared and frantic right now.
Almost backed into a corner. I don't know what the final straw will look like, but when it breaks, I think we will all know it.

I have the problem of a childish need for vindication. The Smug arrogance that was displayed at the onset of all this rubbed me very much the wrong way. My hangover is gone, and my give a # is empty.

posted on Aug, 17 2023 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Offering follow up info for the few people here that still try to get to the bottom of things vs just going for party line driven rhetoric. Not saying anyone on this thread has, is or will do that of course.

Source for all the following sections is found here: www.nbcnews.com...

Trump supporters post names and addresses of Georgia grand jurors online ...

... The grand jurors' purported addresses were spotted by Advance Democracy, a nonpartisan research group founded by Daniel J. Jones, a former FBI investigator and staffer for the U.S. Senate Intelligence Committee.

... The purported names and addresses of members of the grand jury that indicted Donald Trump and 18 of his co-defendants on state racketeering charges this week have been posted on a fringe website that often features violent rhetoric, NBC News has learned.

For those on the thread that seem stuck on what the law in Fulton County requires as being a justification for the allegations. The required name info was included in the indictment.

The indictment issued Monday lists the names of the grand jury members but not their addresses or other personal information.

The Fulton County Sheriff's Office, which is handling the surrender of Trump and his co-defendants over the next 10 days, initially declined to comment, but said in a statement Thursday after this article published that they are "aware that personal information of members of the Fulton County Grand Jury is being shared on various platforms."

“These jurors have signed their death warrant by falsely indicting President Trump," a post on a pro-Trump forum read in response to a post including the names of jurors, which was viewed by NBC News.

This last quote is just an indication of how cowardly, weak and full of it the extremes in both parties are. Yet still their are people in this country that think the Left are the saviors or that the Right are saviors. When Biden, worse than Trump, and Trump are leading their parties I am not sure how anyone can think their side are the faces while the other are the heels.

Leveraging another source...

Fulton County grand jurors’ names, images and addresses published online

The names, images and even addresses of some Fulton County grand jurors who returned indictments against former president Donald Trump and 18 others are circulating in far-right circles on websites associated in the past with violence.

www.atlantanewsfirst.com...

posted on Aug, 17 2023 @ 11:16 PM
link   
a reply to: opethPA

I respect your post, but I'm still squinting. Let's look at this story with the same critical eye we would use on a Bigfoot or Loch Ness monster sighting.

ATLANTA — The purported names and addresses of members of the grand jury that indicted Donald Trump and 18 of his co-defendants on state racketeering charges this week have been posted on a fringe website that often features violent rhetoric, NBC News has learned.

NBC News is choosing not to name the website featuring the addresses to avoid further spreading the information.

We can't discount the reliability, or lack thereof, of NBC news. Sorry, but they've done it to themselves. They have lied to the American people too many times to be blindly trusted. I can't accept their excuse for not naming the website. Am I supposed to just take their word that this "fringe website" exists, and that they "often feature violent rhetoric"? Just post a link to the website so we can verify it for ourselves.

The Fulton County District Attorney’s Office declined to comment. District Attorney Fani Willis faced racist threats ahead of the return of the indictment, and additional security measures were put in place, with some employees being allowed to work from home.

A pretty thin attempt to associate this with racism, and has nothing to do with the story since it happened before the indictment was returned. If these purported outings had not been posted, would this still be relevant? Who was making these "racist" threats? Exactly what threats were made? Who is tracking down the people making these threats? It seems to me that threating a DA would elicit a more active response from law enforcement than just passively increasing security measures and telling people to stay home. That is, if they were taking the threats seriously.

The grand jurors' purported addresses were spotted by Advance Democracy, a nonpartisan research group founded by Daniel J. Jones, a former FBI investigator and staffer for the U.S. Senate Intelligence Committee.

I don't even know where to start with this one. Former FBI, former staffer for the Intelligence Committee, creates a """nonpartisan""" (I can't air-quote that enough) research group apparently dedicated to scouring the internet for fringe websites featuring violent rhetoric. Nothing about that seems legit. I'd pay folding money to know who is funding this "research group", and why they are taking it upon themselves to do something that he knows full well the government is already doing.

“It’s becoming all too commonplace to see everyday citizens performing necessary functions for our democracy being targeted with violent threats by Trump-supporting extremists," Jones said. "The lack of political leadership on the right to denounce these threats — which serve to inspire real-world political violence — is shameful.”

- says the """nonpartisan""" founder of the research group.

The grand jurors have come under attack in the days since Trump's indictment, the fourth criminal indictment brought against the twice-impeached former president.

“These jurors have signed their death warrant by falsely indicting President Trump," a post on a pro-Trump forum read in response to a post including the names of jurors, which was viewed by NBC News.

Let's try to employ a little common sense.

The indictment was never in doubt. For those who may not be aware, to get an indictment a prosecutor simply tells a one-sided story to a jury. There is no opposition. The prosecutor is immune to any civil or criminal consequences for any statements made, and they take advantage of that (i.e. they lie). They can make up evidence, witnesses, testimony, etc. and if a jury half-believes them, then they get their indictment. Personally, I think every jury should first be told that the prosecution will lie to you because it can.

The old adage "You can indict a ham sandwich" is outdated. These days, you can indict the trash can that holds the napkin that was used to wipe the face of the person who ate the ham sandwich.

So, why threaten the jurors after the indictment? I've never been a fan of the "Oh, those people are just crazy" explanation for the actions of those we are told to hate. We've heard it too many times, and it's always BS, so I'm not going to buy it here. So, what sense does it make for a "pro-Trumper" to threaten jurors after the indictment? It changes nothing, you gain nothing, and you make yourself a target for law enforcement.

On the other hand, it's no secret that the FBI and other law enforcement agencies make use of infiltrators, informants, agent provocateurs, etc. How do we know these online threats are from "pro-Trumpers" and not some alphabet agency or anti-Trumpers? The DOJ certainly knows their persecution of Trump while covering for Biden and others isn't very popular with some. It wouldn't hurt to have a little sympathy by claiming they are fighting against violent, extremist, racist, right wingers who are out to kill innocent jurors.

I ask you, ATS members, who benefits from this?

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join