It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The US government wants to make sure you do not question elections

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+11 more 
posted on Aug, 16 2023 @ 12:50 PM
link   
The more I watch the indictments the more I have come to the conclusion this is not about Trump. This is not about election interference. This is about creating the new fear for the 2024 election. The fear of the government and what you can say...which, is nothing. You cannot have an opinion against you government. It started with COVID.

Up until last year the government and certain businesses were still requiring a vax of be fired. What happened to that? All those test kids that were ordered and we were supposed to get to each household because COVID is here forever. It created division. Now, according to the Fulton County DA, you can get indicted for....

requesting phone numbers
encouraging voters to watch TV election coverage
encouraging voters to call their members of Congress
reserving a room at the Georgia Capitol for alternate presidential electors
calling on state leaders to ensure signature verification
encouraging an “indicted co-conspirator” to attend a House committee meeting on election fraud
encourage a special legislative session of a state assembly
place two phone calls to the president tempore of the Georgia State Senate

How dare any of those be done, but, they were and now they are criminal. If, you are a GOP MAGA supporter. Stacey Abrahams not so much. This is all so you do not question the next election.

Link

This is enough for a RICO case? It is insane but there are those who are now afraid. If they will do this to a former POTUS what will they do to the average Joe? This is political terrorism against US citizens.

Mark Meadows has at least responded trying to get this moved to Federal Court. LAW 101 but it was still allowed.

“The conduct giving rise to the charges in the indictment all occurred during his tenure and as part of his service as Chief of Staff,” the motion reads, going on to say that federal law calls for prompt removal of a criminal prosecution commenced in a state court when the defendant was acting “under color of [his] office.” It’s set up that way because federalism doesn’t work if the states can use state laws against federal officials for things they do as feds. Apparently, this is an important point of constitutional law for first-year law students. Either this state prosecutor doesn’t care about that or we should be wondering how she graduated law school.

If the government will go after those who were in power...what do you think they will not do tor you?

posted on Aug, 16 2023 @ 12:52 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

Despite what you think about Trump, they want to make sure no one ever does that again.

We saw how they got Bernie, regardless of what you think of him.

The message is crystal clear.

+1 more 
posted on Aug, 16 2023 @ 12:59 PM
link   
This is how dictatorships start.

posted on Aug, 16 2023 @ 01:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: ancientlight

Dictatorships start when a President who lost the election tries to stay in power anyway.

+5 more 
posted on Aug, 16 2023 @ 01:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: 1947boomer

Dictatorships start when a President who lost the election tries to stay in power anyway.

Has that happened?

posted on Aug, 16 2023 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Can you say police state?

posted on Aug, 16 2023 @ 01:11 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Hey, I know this one!!!

The answer is no

+4 more 
posted on Aug, 16 2023 @ 01:18 PM
link   

The “nuh uh you do” isn’t as great as it used to be when we were 5.
But believe it or not, we all still have a legal right to have any damned opinion we desire, to look into it, to talk about it publicly, and tell others to protest peacefully. This is what Trump is “guilty” of.
I know this is a waste of time, because you and others will be back to lie like hell in a minute or two.
That’s just how it goes on the internet.

+10 more 
posted on Aug, 16 2023 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: 1947boomer

And/or when a president that fears losing power, uses the media to suppress evidence and news stories, while using authoritative arms in an attempt to crush political opposition...

Just saying.

posted on Aug, 16 2023 @ 01:27 PM
link   
a reply to: stevieray
It’s funny, I was thinking this morning how a lot of people keep telling the same lie so many times that they start to actually believe it.
Then they literally can not understand why everyone is laughing at them, and/or hates their guts.
A friend was telling me about some folks in his own family who just love to tell a lie, for some strange reason. He said “they look out the window, see that it’s not raining, and turn to you and say ‘yep, it’s raining’ “.
Anybody who is blabbing on and on about how this Trump persecution is such a good noble truthful thing, is one or both of these creatures.

+5 more 
posted on Aug, 16 2023 @ 01:30 PM
link   

TextDictatorships start when a President who lost the election tries to stay in power anyway.

Wrong wrong wrong! Dictatorships start with the weaponisation of gov.
agaencies in an attempt to jail your political opponants.

edit on 16-8-2023 by Saloon because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2023 @ 01:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: dothedew

And/or when a president that fears losing power, uses the media to suppress evidence and news stories, while using authoritative arms in an attempt to crush political opposition...

Just saying.

It’s incredible to watch them go on and on about Trump, when you know that they know the Clintons, Obamas, Bidens, Abrams, Gore, have all actually done what they are falsifying for Trump.
They just don’t care. BAMN + no shame is a dangerous combo.

posted on Aug, 16 2023 @ 01:42 PM
link   
False binary paradigm at play. But hey, it’s fun to belong to one of the two teams right? Selections coming up. Play ball!

posted on Aug, 16 2023 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Dictatorships can happen for many reasons, yes, an elected official refusing to step down is obviously a one way ticket to one. But no one has done that yet, if you're referring to Trump, he stepped down.
Now if you're talking about if someone loses an election, and won't accept the results and says someone cheated, that also can lead to one further on down the line, whether you look at it as one party cheated setting the attitude that cheating is OK, or that the other party saying the election was a fraud, both ways of thinking on a mass scale will cause a rift in election trust.

Which leads to another way for a dictatorship to arise, the state may just decide to make the elections "easier" and select officials for the angry masses, which in turn grows a larger government and within can see a dictatorship come to fruition, like we have seen with China.

There's also Napoleon like figures, military coups, etc. but I doubt the US is even near that stage.

posted on Aug, 16 2023 @ 01:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Consumer
False binary paradigm at play. But hey, it’s fun to belong to one of the two teams right? Selections coming up. Play ball!

Look at the scam to get Trump, and the scam to help Biden escape justice.
Then do the “equivalence” dance again with a straight face.
Hell, you probably can. Which is not good on you.

posted on Aug, 16 2023 @ 01:49 PM
link   
There has always been and will always be fraud in elections. Most times it does not make a difference though. Mistakes by people who were counting ballots was also a problem, the counters own beliefs made them make mistakes in totaling and they sometimes did not even realize they were doing it.

posted on Aug, 16 2023 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Pardoned his wife and gave him a house. Got off cheap....

+2 more 
posted on Aug, 16 2023 @ 01:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

Has that happened?

It’s funny how many things Trump never did in 4 years, that they said he would do, and they still say he did and will do.
Schiff actually still says the Russia hoax is true. That level of retardation should have someone in a group home, not government.
We have lots of little Schiffs on ATS.

posted on Aug, 16 2023 @ 02:02 PM
link   

I’m waiting to see how all this plays out.

I wouldn’t be surprised if the charges are politically motivated. And they may not even actually get Trump on anything, but attempt to mess with his campaign. If that’s the case it will be very telling.

But at a citizen level, we haven’t been told we can’t question elections. And if I remember correctly, the Trump campaign was allowed to bring their grievances to court.

His charges are something separate I’ll agree. Unfortunately we won’t know what they have until that case starts. It very well could be nothing, and I’m willing to acknowledge that just like I have to humor they may actually have something. Their track record isn’t good given Russia gate, so I’m honest and leaning towards they don’t have enough to tag him.

Many people have been saying with conviction that the election was rigged though, just like every previous election. The partisans have never been able to say they simply lost an election, both have always had to park blame on external factors.

posted on Aug, 16 2023 @ 02:02 PM
link   

So Fanni is violating US Law, the Constitution, and half the god-damned country is cheering it on.

We have people on this thread defending it.

Anti-American, anti-Constitution, authoritarians.

And they are in control.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join