It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Biden continues to get criticized over Maui fires.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2023 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Politics is designed to utilize fear and firefighting is a science to save property and lives.

posted on Aug, 15 2023 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: underpass61

Unlike me?

I hate Joe biden, yet here I am defending him.

What a joke.

posted on Aug, 15 2023 @ 11:42 AM
link   
a reply to: strongfp

Indeed
No time for Americans in dire need - F 'em he's going to Lake Tahoe.

President Biden plans ritzy Lake Tahoe vacation next week while refusing to take questions on devastating fire that killed nearly 100 Americans

Defend away

edit on 8 15 2023 by underpass61 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2023 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Busiest man in the world unable to predict wildfires and is set on a strict schedule that he doesn't make sees media frenzy attack him

He made comments, sent aid he has these things called cell phones and computers to dictate his administration.

Its Jover. Deal with it.

posted on Aug, 15 2023 @ 11:50 AM
link   

So he's a powerless figurehead who takes orders from his staff. We knew it all along, nice to have it finally out in the open

edit on 8 15 2023 by underpass61 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2023 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Sounds like you probably support Trudeau as well.

posted on Aug, 15 2023 @ 12:07 PM
link   

The angel of death himself takes orders from other people?
Laughable...

posted on Aug, 15 2023 @ 12:08 PM
link   

You're saying he doesn't even have the authority to cancel his own vacation.

Like you said, what a joke.

posted on Aug, 15 2023 @ 12:15 PM
link   

I'm sure he does. Does he need to cancel his vacation to do what? Sit in the oval office hand hovering over the phone waiting for Hawaiians to call him, rush onto his plane and then... stand there and say good job firefighters and then just get more flack from his critics because he took nine steps to many to get off his plane or something?

posted on Aug, 15 2023 @ 12:21 PM
link   
To be fair to Biden, he probably doesn't know that the Hawaiian Islands are a state.

"Them Hula gals sure can move!"
-Joe Biden's response to the devastating fires.

posted on Aug, 15 2023 @ 12:29 PM
link   

You skipped my other post. $115 BILLION DOLLARS to Ukraine, $1.9 million and a terse "good luck" for the American families whose lives were destroyed on Maui.

I was too generous when I compared Joe to dogsh!t.

posted on Aug, 15 2023 @ 12:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp
a reply to: face23785

Trump planned on removing troops from Afghanistan, so did Biden.

That's not in dispute.

The actions speak louder than you're abhorrent nit picking of word technicalities.

Yes, actions do speak louder than words. The withdrawal was Biden's action. I didn't nitpick anything, what I gave you was from the AP. Stop lying please.

But if you want to get technical Biden admin agreed to carry out Trumps plans but found the plan was literally nothing, there was hardly a plan, just a date, April, but that was too ambitious, so May it was, that didnt work out so they just pulled out asap.

Yes that's correct. Which completely disproves your false claim that Biden was merely following Trump's plan and your false implication that anything that went wrong was Trump's fault.

Biden didn't sign any agreements, but he honored the actions to remove troops.

Yes, and it was done the way he wanted. As you just pointed out, Biden was given no plan to follow. The details had to have been worked out by Biden and his team, so anything that happened is his responsibility.

William Ruger even went on to say:

The fact is this was the Trump-Biden withdrawal

That's a cute name. The plan that was executed was still Biden's. You just proved this because you pointed out the Trump administration hadn't developed a plan yet. So everything that happened was Biden's responsibility.

Milley and McKenzie who were both appointed by Trump to get people out, Biden kept on.

Okay. What's the relevance? President Johnson kept a lot of President Kennedy's cabinet and staff after Kennedy was assassinated? Was Johnson's mishandling of the Vietnam War all Kennedy's fault then?

I'm not misinformed, you're looking it to this way too much, but apparently not hard enough.

Yes, you were misinformed. You thought Biden followed Trump's plan, unless you were lying. You were either wrong or lying. By your own admission, you just acknowledged no plan was even in place yet. The withdrawal was conducted as Biden directed. Anything that went wrong is his responsibility.

So now you're informed. You now know it's a false narrative that the mistakes Biden made during the Afghanistan withdrawal were Trump's fault. Will you acknowledge Biden was not following Trump's plan? Or are you gonna keep dishonestly clinging to this false narrative?

Please don't include any lies or dishonesty in your next reply like this one was full of.

To reiterate: Biden was not following Trump's plan, correct?

I know you're gonna dodge the # out of answering that, so I'm asking twice.
edit on 15 8 23 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2023 @ 12:51 PM
link   

The fires are still smoldering and you think that's all they're going to get?

It's becoming apparent that you think the POTUS is like the king and can just dig his hand into a big pile of money and toss it around or dictate the security aspects around him like they're his peasants and carry him wherever he wills it.

posted on Aug, 15 2023 @ 12:59 PM
link   

This is what I said, exactly:

Biden was simply carrying out what Trump was going to do

Where's the word plan?
You want to play the game of being literal, Trump was going to remove troops, Biden did exactly what Trump was going to do, remove the troops.

You spent all that time calling me out on something I never said. Lmao.

You're being dishonest. And arguing in poor faith.
They both were working on the same goal, and both used the same staff to carry out that goal.

The PLAN for both Trump and Biden was to remove troops from Afghanistan. It's just funny now because Trumps plan wasn't even solid, Biden technically finished it.

posted on Aug, 15 2023 @ 01:03 PM
link   

You are literally commenting from the peanut gallery (canada).

Yeah you're the expert.

LOL

posted on Aug, 15 2023 @ 01:08 PM
link   

This is what I said, exactly:

Biden was simply carrying out what Trump was going to do

Where's the word plan?
You want to play the game of being literal, Trump was going to remove troops, Biden did exactly what Trump was going to do, remove the troops.

You spent all that time calling me out on something I never said. Lmao.

So you don't believe Biden was following Trump's plan? You acknowledge that's a false narrative? That's all I'm pointing out. If you weren't trying to dodge that fact so hard this wouldn't be happening.

You're being dishonest. And arguing in poor faith.

What I'm trying to do is get you to let go of a false narrative that was dishonestly spun up to help Biden. What I'm doing wouldn't be necessary if you weren't being dishonest and you weren't twisting yourself into pretzels to try to make the botched execution of the withdrawal somehow Trump's fault.

They both were working on the same goal, and both used the same staff to carry out that goal.

The PLAN for both Trump and Biden was to remove troops from Afghanistan. It's just funny now because Trumps plan wasn't even solid, Biden technically finished it.

It's not that it wasn't solid, it didn't exist. If you bothered to read the AP article I linked you to, you'd understand why. Why are you so dedicated to staying uninformed about what happened?

According to the AP, the details of the withdrawal were supposed to be contingent on the peace deal between the Afghan government and the Taliban, which never materialized.

There was no plan whatsoever. No peace deal was ever reached. Biden decided to withdraw anyway because he wanted the optics of having everyone out for the 20th anniversary of 9/11. The plan that ended up being executed was Biden's. Will you acknowledge that?

posted on Aug, 15 2023 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Doesn't matter, both Trump and Biden wanted the same goal, and it happened. They both had their hands in what happened doesn't matter how many hoops you try to jump through. Trump was busy gathering a staff to get a plan in order, and he did that, Bidens admin just kept the ball rolling.

The man whose name you made fun of was thr appointed ambassador to Afghanistan even made it quite clear they were both to thank.

Keep putting up more word salad and words in my mouth tho it's entertaining at this point.

posted on Aug, 15 2023 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Doesn't matter, both Trump and Biden wanted the same goal, and it happened.

So yes, you are being dishonest trying to protect Biden. On the previous page you said you hated him. Why would you be shilling this hard for someone you claim to hate?

I'll explain it like I would to a 7 year old:

Suppose you and mommy both want to go to Florida. Mommy plans the entire trip. She picks the dates, she picks the travel mode, she picks where you're going to stay, she picks where you're going to go once you get there, what you're going to see, what you're going to do.

When something goes wrong on the trip, mommy blames you and says it's your fault because you wanted to go too.

Obviously that's nonsense and you know it's nonsense.

Now, I know you're not too stupid to understand the difference between wanting to withdraw and HOW THE WITHDRAWAL WAS CONDUCTED.

I know you understand that difference. It's not a semantic difference. It's not subtle. I know you get it. So why are you sitting here willing to make yourself look like an idiot to protect Biden's reputation?

The withdrawal was conducted under Biden. It was conducted the way he wanted. He is responsible for anything that went wrong.

STOP. LYING.
edit on 15 8 23 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2023 @ 01:44 PM
link   

There you go again ... assuming I said things that I didn't.

Keep going.

posted on Aug, 15 2023 @ 01:56 PM
link   

There you go again ... assuming I said things that I didn't.

Keep going.

I've asked you a bunch of questions which gave you an opportunity to clarify your position. You've been too busy trying to shift blame to Trump for something Biden did though. Gee, I wonder how anyone could come to the conclusion you're defending Biden?

If my assumptions are incorrect, by all means, tell me you actually agree that any mistakes made with the way the withdrawal was conducted are on Biden.

If you can do that, I'll admit I drew the wrong conclusions about you. Very simple. I'm sure you'll find a way out of saying that though. Your priority here is defending Biden. Yes, keep going.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join