It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Biden continues to get criticized over Maui fires.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on Aug, 14 2023 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Biden's response, (or lack thereof) to the Hawaii fires has certainly given his critics some ammo.

Rahm Emanuel, who was Obama's Chief Of Staff for a short while, once said “Never Let a Serious Crisis Go to Waste”. Biden had a golden opportunity to show he's a caring leader, but he chose to go on a cycling vacation instead. The devastation in Maui is horrific. The historic town of Lāhainā, the original capitol of the Hawaiian Kingdom, lies in ruins as I sit here.

Biden critics are using this event to show, once again, where Biden's priorities lie. Monica Crowley, former Assistant Secretary of the Treasury, and a major Biden critic, is posting some scathing comments on X. (Twitter)

"Biden doesn't give AF about the suffering people of Maui, or the suffering people of East Palestine, Ohio. or the suffering people in border towns, or the suffering people anywhere in America."

Crowley also posted this video of Biden.

Biden really had a chance to be a leader here. Once again, he showed us that he really doesn't give AF about anyone outside his "sphere of interest".
He often launches into ranting tirades about how he'll fight for trans rights, abortion rights, and Ukraine. Speaking of Ukraine, remember when Biden had the chance to visit East Palestine Ohio after the train derailment disaster? He went to Ukraine instead.

Kari Lake posted: "Joe Biden rode his bike to the beach while the people of Lahaina, Hawaii dug through the ashes of their shattered community."From Kari Lake

Biden slammed for silence on Maui wildfire catastrophe

“I campaigned for you,” raged former Hawaii legislator Kaniela Ing early Monday. “Now, when I lose dozens of my friends, family, and neighbors. This?”

"Putting America First means getting this joker out of the White House", Kari Lake said.

The president offered a stony-hearted “No comment” when asked about the death toll, which has climbed to at least 96.

edit on 14-8-2023 by ColeYounger because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2023 @ 12:50 PM
link   
All playbooks are being read, all scripts are being followed.

How do you finally wake up the masses?

Enjoy the show!

posted on Aug, 14 2023 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Biden is basically done, along with The Party of Woke. WaPo, CNN, NBC and members of his own party are openly criticizing him and his administration.
Even if he does run, I can't see people being stupid enough to vote for more of this.

oh wait.....yes I can.

posted on Aug, 14 2023 @ 12:53 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Aug, 14 2023 @ 01:02 PM
link   
a reply to: ColeYounger

What are the odds.
No, seriously, what are the odds?

AND he's an alumni of the FBI National Academy

Nothing to see here move along

posted on Aug, 14 2023 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Biden doesn’t even know that Hawaii is part of the USA.

Having said that, Biden is keeping his 50+ year streak of doing nothing for this country alive.

posted on Aug, 14 2023 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: RazorV66

You can’t “build back better” if there are buildings still standing.

posted on Aug, 14 2023 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Aside from him going there physically to visit the communities what else do you want him to do?

From the searching I've done he hasn't just sat around doing nothing, large amounts of aid was released, he gave his support, condolences, etc a few days ago. And declared it a major disaster situation.

posted on Aug, 14 2023 @ 02:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp

Aside from him going there physically to visit the communities what else do you want him to do?

From the searching I've done he hasn't just sat around doing nothing, large amounts of aid was released, he gave his support, condolences, etc a few days ago. And declared it a major disaster situation.

That's what I said about bush during hurricane Katrina.
The only thing presidents do by making appearances at disasters is get in the way.

posted on Aug, 14 2023 @ 02:20 PM
link   

FEMA and Red Cross are already on site doing what they can. He really can't do much physically, but he missed a really good opportunity to speak to the nation, share his concern, and assure the people of Maui they will be taken care of. Basically just leadership stuff. Folks are justified being angry, but angry at him can only be for his lack of interest (be it real or imagined).

posted on Aug, 14 2023 @ 02:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Observationalist
a reply to: RazorV66

You can’t “build back better” if there are buildings still standing.

Here they are in action…..

posted on Aug, 14 2023 @ 02:40 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

But he has made public statements, wrote a letter on the white house website... seems like no one cares enough to listen?

posted on Aug, 14 2023 @ 02:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Blast from the past... and then Kanye said he doesn't like black people.

posted on Aug, 14 2023 @ 03:02 PM
link   
On day one the inauguration ceremony had barb wire around the event with army gun people, and the public was not invited. First hour in the White House he signed twelve orders to undo Trumps legacy. Gas prices started rising the second hour. Inflation. Book banning. Gender pronouns. Women’s rights taken away. Picking on Trump and his family was unbelievable. The president is too old and incompetent with his cognitive abilities to be in office. Crime has risen nationally. Roads and bridges were never fixed. All our money and groceries went to Ukraine……

Then ask anyone who has burnt trash successfully for 32 years what they think about all this…. Holy sword. It’s un believable. The dew point of moisture should be higher at night. Where are the fire fighter interviews on the news? Why are individual’s videos and commentary not all over social media? It’s not a transparent event. It’s all just too weird.

posted on Aug, 14 2023 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Didn't stop him from "Being in the way" for the tornado down south this year.

Meh. Surprised he didn't get lost while down there.

posted on Aug, 14 2023 @ 03:26 PM
link   

I think Biden's critics are bringing up valid points. I personally think he should have gone there. We're talking a major disaster here. As I said in the OP, if the subject is outside his sphere of interest, then it's crickets. He finally responds when he's shamed into it. But if it's a hot topic politically, he's all over it. Same with Cackling Kamala, the Border Czar who never went to the border. But she attends gay pride parades, pro-abortion protests, and "voting rights" protests.

These are self-obsessed lunatics who will sell their souls (if they haven't already) for power.

posted on Aug, 14 2023 @ 03:38 PM
link   

But he has made public statements, wrote a letter on the white house website... seems like no one cares enough to listen?

He was asked today and said "no comment". I'm agreeing with you, but you do you. LOL

posted on Aug, 14 2023 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Biden will fall over himself to help his country. I have seen him do so many times.

posted on Aug, 14 2023 @ 04:11 PM
link   

You mean while he was riding his bike past a crowed of people yelling at him from 30 ft away?

A missed opportunity to comment i guess, pulling over to talk to some randoms, I'm sure the secret service would have loved that.

Joe biden, damned if he does, damned if he doesn't.

posted on Aug, 14 2023 @ 04:24 PM
link   

You mean while he was riding his bike past a crowed of people yelling at him from 30 ft away?

A missed opportunity to comment i guess, pulling over to talk to some randoms, I'm sure the secret service would have loved that.

Joe biden, damned if he does, damned if he doesn't.

I'll let you figure out things on your own from now on.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join