It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FBI Targeting Traditional Catholics

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2023 @ 01:32 PM
link   
I was replying to terpene, not sure how it ended up as a reply to you.
Your links were fine.

a reply to: FlyersFan2

posted on Aug, 10 2023 @ 01:42 PM
link   
I thought we had the McCarthy witch hunts behind us. He had Hoover looking under every rock for a communist. As I have said, there is no justice at the Biden DOJ.

posted on Aug, 10 2023 @ 01:45 PM
link   

That's a big leap in logic to suggest they're just targeting conservatives simply because they're conservatives. They're likely targeting white supremacists who happen to be Catholic and conservative--a group within the group. There's no danger in merely being a traditional Catholic with conservative views.

posted on Aug, 10 2023 @ 01:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gandalf77

. They're likely targeting white supremacists who happen to be Catholic and conservative--a group within the group.

That's not what the memo said. They had no targets in mind. They were looking for targets. It was a fishing expedition.

There's no danger in merely being a traditional Catholic with conservative views.

No danger, unless you are a power player with a liberal mindset.

posted on Aug, 10 2023 @ 01:56 PM
link   

That's a big leap in logic to suggest they're just targeting conservatives simply because they're conservatives. They're likely targeting white supremacists who happen to be Catholic and conservative--a group within the group. There's no danger in merely being a traditional Catholic with conservative views.

And how are the investigations into the "group within a group" going with BLM and Antifa?
Oh wait, they're liberals - nevermind.

posted on Aug, 10 2023 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Do you have a link to the memo itself?
I'm seeing a lot of spin on Fox, but haven't come across the actual memo yet.

ETA: Here's a link to a site I found that contains a copy of the memo: Link
edit on 10-8-2023 by Gandalf77 because: adding link

posted on Aug, 10 2023 @ 02:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: underpass61

And how are the investigations into the "group within a group" going with BLM and Antifa?
Oh wait, they're liberals - nevermind.

I don't know. I don't work for the FBI, and the good folks I know who do can't comment.
I'm more interested in the topic at hand.
edit on 10-8-2023 by Gandalf77 because: typo

posted on Aug, 10 2023 @ 02:10 PM
link   

I've read the memo.

The title is Interest of Racially or Ethnically Motivated Violent Extremists in
Radical-Traditionalist Catholic Ideology Almost Certainly Presents New
Mitigation Opportunities

Which means: racially or ethnically motivated violent extremists (RMVEs) are interested in RTC, and that's where some RMVEs may be found.

It isn't different from radical Muslim extremists may be found in Mosques or virulent anti-semites may be found in Neo-pagan cults which seem to have formed for the specific reason to be completely separate from any Semitic influence.

As far as I know Catholic (universal) includes people of every nation, tribe, tongue, and people. The idea that RMVEs feel comfortably at home in RTC should be alarming to Catholics in general.

Catholic RMVE = oxymoron.

The Church has made strides to purge pedophile clergy ( I think, don't know), perhaps the Church may consider disassociating RMVEs from their midst's. At the least emphasize in messaging what Catholic means.

edit on 10-8-2023 by pthena because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2023 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Gandalf77

I put a link on the first page.
here it is again.
memo

posted on Aug, 10 2023 @ 02:25 PM
link   

While I agree that white supremacists might pose a danger, the only group of white people I've seen in the past few years burning, looting, killing, raping have been Antifa.

Targeting Catholics is odd because there are black and Asian and Hispanic Catholics.

posted on Aug, 10 2023 @ 02:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

While I agree that white supremacists might pose a danger, the only group of white people I've seen in the past few years burning, looting, killing, raping have been Antifa.

Targeting Catholics is odd because there are black and Asian and Hispanic Catholics.

That's just it, though: They're not targeting Catholics in general at all. The author of the memo makes it clear that he/she is focusing on radical-traditionalist Catholic (RTC) ideology (antisemitism, anti-immigrant, anti-LGBTQ, white supremacist, etc.), as opposed to traditionalist Catholics who merely prefer the Latin mass and pre-Vatican II teachings.

(And you're right: targeting Catholics in general would be odd, given the demographic diversity.)

The author seems to be focused on a group within a group within a group.

posted on Aug, 10 2023 @ 02:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: pthena

I put a link on the first page.
here it is again.
memo

Thank you! Not sure why I missed that the first time through.

posted on Aug, 10 2023 @ 02:46 PM
link   

That's just it, though: They're not targeting Catholics in general at all. The author of the memo makes it clear that he/she is focusing on radical-traditionalist Catholic (RTC) ideology (antisemitism, anti-immigrant, anti-LGBTQ, white supremacist, etc.), as opposed to traditionalist Catholics who merely prefer the Latin mass and pre-Vatican II teachings.

(And you're right: targeting Catholics in general would be odd, given the demographic diversity.)

In my humble opinion, this looks like the FBI is doing pre-crime investigations on religious people.

But we all have our own opinions.

posted on Aug, 10 2023 @ 03:00 PM
link   

In my humble opinion, this looks like the FBI is doing pre-crime investigations on religious people.

But we all have our own opinions.

I get what you're saying.
For perspective, this originated with one author out of the Richmond office, and the FBI has yanked it from their systems. Doesn't sound like there's much in the way of consensus or policy. The gist of it suggests the author believes it could be worthwhile to keep an eye on a small subset of Catholics that they're assessing could go too far.

Playing devil's advocate for just a minute: Suppose there was an operation to set up a "tripwire" that flagged an RTC(s) about to cross the line from constitutionally protected free speech to violence that ended with an arrest and prosecution (conceivably saving lives). It wouldn't be unlike undercover operations designed to root out radicalized Islamists.

Where's the ethical line? One could argue there's some gray area there.
edit on 10-8-2023 by Gandalf77 because: typo

posted on Aug, 10 2023 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Then there's that whole "Innocent until proven guilty" thing in the US Constitution.

posted on Aug, 10 2023 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Then there's that whole "Innocent until proven guilty" thing in the US Constitution.

Sure, that would all have to play out accordingly.
But I’d rather they catch someone bent on violence before they can act.

posted on Aug, 10 2023 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Sure, but you can't investigate someone just because they might commit a crime in the future or if they might have committed a crime they didn't know about.

posted on Aug, 10 2023 @ 03:26 PM
link   

The author of the memo makes it clear that he/she is focusing on radical-traditionalist Catholic (RTC) ideology (antisemitism, anti-immigrant, anti-LGBTQ, white supremacist, etc.), as opposed to traditionalist Catholics who merely prefer the Latin mass and pre-Vatican II teachings.

It was a fishing expedition.
There was no evidence of any such people.
The FBI was looking to infiltrate the Traditionalists for no reason other than they are conservative.

posted on Aug, 10 2023 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Sure, but you can't investigate someone just because they might commit a crime in the future or if they might have committed a crime they didn't know about.

You don't have to investigate someone to be paying attention. Law enforcement does it all the time.

posted on Aug, 10 2023 @ 03:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan2
So according to the FBI ... "Traditional" Catholics are possibly radical white supremacists who are domestic terrorists.
Yeah, beyond absurd but that's what they conjured up in their latest attack upon conservative Americans.
Kinda makes you wonder who the real terrorists are in this country.

So... the FBI is investigating a group who traditionally covers up Child Molesters?

And you're surprised by this?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join