It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Maui is on Fire!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2023 @ 03:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: DontTreadOnMe
And Maui should have been better prepared.....
gregreese.substack.com...

The blame for the destruction of West Maui is falling upon Hawaiian Electric who knew as early as four years ago that there was a risk of fire due to their own negligence of maintaining power lines. But did nothing. Hawaiian Electric, who is owned by Vanguard and BlackRock, has been shifting their focus to clean energy. But in order to Build Back Better, they must first destroy the old system. And so the power was left on to feed the fires.

The outdoor siren warning system on Maui is one of the most advanced and maintained warning systems on Earth. Residents are accustomed to monthly tests and on the day of the fire, no sirens went off. The director in charge of this warning system was at a FEMA disaster seminar in Oahu as the fires were devastating the people of Maui.

I agree with your overall thesis that Maui/Hawaii should be better prepared.

But those of us who live here and actually KNOW and understand that the sirens are primarily for tsunamis generated by distant earthquakes have a different perspective. We need to move uphill but not urgently. Moving uphill in this case was the wrong move. There is no evidence that the decision makers made decisions based on good data so I have no issue with criticizing them. But if you do not live in Hawaii I think you are an idiot if you make statements assuming you know things you do not.
edit on 26-8-2023 by moscowbell because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2023 @ 01:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043
a reply to: face23785

No is base in history, plain and simple, facts not fantasies, we should listen to the people that live in the island, not the out side speculators on agendas.

Yes I lived in Hawaii for 3 years, they had random fires easily put out, yes is been random fires in My Island but easily put out in not time.

This is no a random fire because Maui does not have history of wildfires burning the entire Island in their history, plain and simple.

The only recorded wild spread fire in Maui is the one going on right now, that is suspicious.

Wow, so completely wrong!

posted on Nov, 4 2023 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Here's a very cool, very comprehensive composition of the Maui fire, from the New York Times that I saw on Reddit.
The Deadly Maui Inferno, Hour by Hour

www.nytimes.com...

If you find that link behind a pay wall, try going through the Reddit "gift article" link here: www.reddit.com...

new topics

<< 1  2   >>

join