It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Maui is on Fire!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2023 @ 08:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

I may have remembered the wrong island, but I know Phage lives in Hawaii, and I could've sworn he said on Maui.

I hope that crusty curmudgeon's ok, the world still needs his dry, factual deadpanning.

posted on Aug, 10 2023 @ 11:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

I may have remembered the wrong island, but I know Phage lives in Hawaii, and I could've sworn he said on Maui.

I hope that crusty curmudgeon's ok, the world still needs his dry, factual deadpanning.

I believe phage lives on Oahu. Hoping he chimes in soon and is OK.

posted on Aug, 10 2023 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Media making these fires seem connected to Climate Change. I didn't know about wind from a nearby hurricane being responsible for the fires, until reading this thread. Media not reporting that as the source.

posted on Aug, 11 2023 @ 03:57 AM
link   
Anyone seen the reports on twitter that claim this was a direct enery weapon attack

Maui was a direct energy weapon

pretty crazy stuff

not sure if that image is fake but , if its real who fired it and started this
weapon test, to show the US what they are dealing with ?

a threat from a foreign power ?

or just fake

original twitter
Rush2112

original insta
for our rights kauai
edit on 11-8-2023 by sapien82 because: (no reason given)

ahh I just noticed on their insta that image 3 is not actually from Maui , but what they said it would look like

baited me ffs

anyways people still claiming this is what caused it

I wouldn't be surprised if this is all designed just to remove local residents to make way for big companies to steal the land

posted on Aug, 11 2023 @ 05:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
Media making these fires seem connected to Climate Change. I didn't know about wind from a nearby hurricane being responsible for the fires, until reading this thread. Media not reporting that as the source.

All the media reports I've seen have made it clear that winds from Hurricane Dora fuelled the fires - though they have also intimated that climate change may also have made matters worse. It has been drier than normal in Hawaii this year. However I am unaware of any direct connection with climate change, other than that the more hot and dry weather places experience, the greater the risk of wildfires occurring and getting out of control.

posted on Aug, 11 2023 @ 09:40 AM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

direct energy weapon

I mean, maybe. But why? In 60-80 MPH winds the intentional use of a Bic lighter would have been overkill.

We know there were downed power lines, and we know that a spark from a cigarette or a chain on vehicle hitting the asphalt would have been all it would have taken to start a fire here and a fire there.

Apparently, the fire started above the town, up in the residential area of Lahainaluna Rd. The Fire Department reported the fire had been successfully put out, several hours earlier, but the embers sparked back up. The offshore winds pushed the fire down to Front Street.

The County's fire department was ill equipped, with no "off road" fire fighting vehicles, which they needed to fight the fire as it came down the hill. Additionally, because of the power outage, the fire department was unable to access the electric pumps that operate the hydrants. And, because of the wind, they couldn't use helicopters to dump ocean water on the fire.

AND!!!! ...Maui's touted Emergency warning sirens weren't triggered by the fire! So the sirens never went off.

Just so many perfect idiotic reasons why space lasers weren't necessary.

edit on 11-8-2023 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2023 @ 11:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrulyColorBlind

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
The problem is the high winds have knocked out cell towers and 911 service, and are so dangerous that helicopters can't get in there to help. Hospitals are overwhelmed and need to medivac people out to Oahu, but the high winds are effing everything up!

"Hawaii's Lt. Gov. Sylvia Luke told CNN, "911 is down. Cell service is down. Phone service is down. That's been part of the problem ... Maui County has not been able to communicate with residents on the west side, the Lahaina side."
thepointsguy.com...

If only they had something like phone lines buried in the ground. Then they couldn't be blown down whenever a storm hits. They need to work on inventing something like that. It would be a lot better and safer during emergencies.

This was my first thought as well. Having utility lines buried underground is fairly standard in some countries. Our infrastructure all being above ground is pretty antiquated. If we're gonna do any major infrastructure project, that would be one that would have massive benefits down the road. As large as our country is, it would have enormous up front cost, but over the long run might actually save money.

posted on Aug, 11 2023 @ 11:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: sapien82
Anyone seen the reports on twitter that claim this was a direct enery weapon attack

Maui was a direct energy weapon

pretty crazy stuff

not sure if that image is fake but , if its real who fired it and started this
weapon test, to show the US what they are dealing with ?

a threat from a foreign power ?

or just fake

original twitter
Rush2112

original insta
for our rights kauai

ahh I just noticed on their insta that image 3 is not actually from Maui , but what they said it would look like

baited me ffs

anyways people still claiming this is what caused it

I wouldn't be surprised if this is all designed just to remove local residents to make way for big companies to steal the land

Every time a major wildfire destroys a town, some idiot claims it was a DEW attack. I remember the Greece wildfires, a friend of mine shared these photos claiming that they proved it was a DEW because wildfires couldn't get hot enough to cause the damage seen in the photo. Ironically his photos proved the exact opposite. There were cars with aluminum parts melted, which is well within the temperature range of a wildfire, whereas the iron components were still intact because wildfires can't get hot enough to melt iron or steel.

Keep an eye out for that in the misleading photos people spread as "proof" that it's a DEW.

posted on Aug, 11 2023 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Is been comments now that people in the Island are blaming arson on the fires, but the news are no covering the residents' concerns, the fires were black when they started that means fuel, most of the prime coast line has burn in many areas where the houses were nothing but old homes that has been for generations on the same families, no pretty enough or fancy enough but they were these peoples home.

This remind me when Florida coast were nothing, but older homes owned by retirees, then hurricane came around at took destroy most of those homes and the big commercial corporations came around and bought the poor people out and build what we know now as all the big hotels we see now in areas like Panama City.

The Hawaiian Islands are like the Caribbean Islands, my Island in Puerto Rico does not burn because the humidity is very high, even in dry season.

Soo that should be a red flag for what is going on in Maui. I bet nobody will be arrested, no investigations and everything will be sweep under the rug but watch and see when the commercial corporations come around to make the beach front a haven for tourism with hotels and big multimillion dollar condos.

In my Island in Puerto Rico the commercial real states has been pushing homeowners in beach front areas to sell their land, but they refuse, soo I bet the next Island to burn may be mine home Island and not we have never burn before we are after all a rainforest.

posted on Aug, 11 2023 @ 05:08 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

Sorry but that's like saying flash floods in the desert are suspicious because it's the desert everyone knows it doesn't rain there!

The idea that a humid place can't have devastating wildfires is old superstition based on flawed reasoning.

posted on Aug, 11 2023 @ 05:30 PM
link   
a reply to: face23785

No is base in history, plain and simple, facts not fantasies, we should listen to the people that live in the island, not the out side speculators on agendas.

Yes I lived in Hawaii for 3 years, they had random fires easily put out, yes is been random fires in My Island but easily put out in not time.

This is no a random fire because Maui does not have history of wildfires burning the entire Island in their history, plain and simple.

The only recorded wild spread fire in Maui is the one going on right now, that is suspicious.

posted on Aug, 11 2023 @ 06:23 PM
link   

This is from a 2019 report:

The study, which reviewed State of Hawaiʻi wildfire records to examine historical trends from 1904–2011, and then evaluated contemporary wildfire occurrence from 2005–2011, found that the mean annual area burned by wild/brush/forest fires between 2005 and 2011 accounted for the destruction of 0.48% of Hawaii’s total land area.5 By comparison, the proportion of land area burned across the U.S. mainland totaled only 0.30%.6 Significantly, it was found that the 12 most fire-prone western states sustained a 0.46% loss over the same time period.7

The data show Hawai'i is more wildfire-prone than the worst wildfire states in the lower 48.

The idea that if a specific town has never been hit by a wildfire before, that means it can't happen--except by nefarious means--is also another old wives' tail. It's the kind of overly-simplistic thinking only children are capable of. The natural world is more complicated than the limited imagination of any one person.

Also, I doubt the historical records exist to prove that region has NEVER been hit by a wildfire EVER IN HISTORY. If you can point me to such records, I'm all ears. "What I heard" isn't exactly the most robust evidence.
edit on 11 8 23 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2023 @ 07:41 PM
link   
last year 6 wildfires were set in Maui, 3 people were arrested for arson, they were put out fast, make your own conclusions on this.

I will stand behind arson on the fires this year.

No argument.

posted on Aug, 12 2023 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Or, it could have been kids playing with fireworks. The fire started up in the residential area, above Lahaina but below the intermediate school. The FD claimed the fire was under control at, like 9:30am Tuesday morning.

At any rate, even arsonists couldn't have figured on the total incompetency of the Maui government to handle the situation.

posted on Aug, 12 2023 @ 08:04 AM
link   

It very well could have been arson. It also could have been natural.

By the way, if the humidity could stop wildfires, it would stop them whether they were set by artificial or natural means. It's not like someone could've went around and doused the entire town with gasoline.

Think, please. For like 3 seconds is all I'm asking.

posted on Aug, 12 2023 @ 08:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

At any rate, even arsonists couldn't have figured on the total incompetency of the Maui government to handle the situation.

We're rarely in agreement on anything but star and

posted on Aug, 12 2023 @ 08:18 AM
link   

I agree, the weather plays a big role, no doubt about it, sadly is also nefarious reason to take advantage of such a disaster.

I see the future of Maui that kept the big corporation from setting their big tentacles all over the Island and destroying the beauty of the Island like in the main island taking advantage of the disaster.

Most of the people will be relocated to the other islands where they may have families, then government will give away pennies on the dollar for the properties, bit commercial real estate will come in and offer more money, big hotels will transform the island for money making tourism and Maui will never be the same again.

posted on Aug, 12 2023 @ 04:14 PM
link   
I lived and worked in Lahaina in 1977. All three businesses I worked at are gone. The homes I stayed at are gone.

There used to be a massive sugar cane plantation on the hill behind Lahaina. I was told they shut it down years ago, and the property owner wanted to break it up into parcels, but it ended up sitting idle, growing weeds like crazy. Thats how the wind blew flames into town. I don't know what started it.
edit on 12-8-2023 by visitedbythem because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2023 @ 06:22 PM
link   
And Maui should have been better prepared.....
gregreese.substack.com...

The blame for the destruction of West Maui is falling upon Hawaiian Electric who knew as early as four years ago that there was a risk of fire due to their own negligence of maintaining power lines. But did nothing. Hawaiian Electric, who is owned by Vanguard and BlackRock, has been shifting their focus to clean energy. But in order to Build Back Better, they must first destroy the old system. And so the power was left on to feed the fires.

The outdoor siren warning system on Maui is one of the most advanced and maintained warning systems on Earth. Residents are accustomed to monthly tests and on the day of the fire, no sirens went off. The director in charge of this warning system was at a FEMA disaster seminar in Oahu as the fires were devastating the people of Maui.

posted on Aug, 26 2023 @ 03:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody
Guess they shouldn’t have stopped throwing virgins into volcanos?

Hard to blame anyone though. Very few virgins left in Hawaii.

<< 1    3 >>

join