It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Batteries Made From Crab Shells Could Power Your Future Car!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2023 @ 01:52 PM
link   
The last time I ever discussed crabs was when I was back in college. So here we go. I get it that many on ATS loves the doom and gloom and yes many of those one percenters want us off the earth. But for whoever is left the earth will be saved from us humans and it will be a better place.

I play the stock market as my father trained me. I am not perfect and got cleaned out in 2015 as I lost $24,000. I tried day trading and went into those 3X ETF's who love to do reverse stock splits. They cleaned me out. I also read a story that AI was already invented for the financial markets and in play by the big boys to clobber the individual day trader investor. They certainly did. I got back in the market back in 2020. I have since recovered all of my losses along with a 206% gain.

So lets talk about EV [Electric Vehicle] manufacturing. Many here are saying its going to fail for lack of elements and thissin and thattan. Whatever. Your uninformed. Hydrogen is ready to power the power plants. Has been since 1990. Recharging grid is being set up as money begets money. So lets talk CRABS.

"Chitosan is a derivative product of chitin," Hu said. "Chitin has a lot of sources, including the cell walls of fungi, the exoskeletons of crustaceans, and squid pens." But the most abundant source of chitosan, according to Hu, is located in those crustacean exoskeletons. Things like pinkish shrimp tails, crimson lobster carapaces and, of course, crab shells.

Crabs

Oh, in the article the guy dooms and glooms Lithium Ion batteries as they cant be recycled. That's bull sheep.

Li-C ycle

So, consider investing in your children's future and possibly make some coin to save the earth. Greta and AOC will love you along with big Al.

edit on 04 13 2023 by Waterglass because: typos

edit on 04 13 2023 by Waterglass because: add

posted on Jul, 29 2023 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Waterglass

It's interesting how they will incorporate it, they want to use the chitin as the electrolyte in a zinc environment, replacing the polymers. A good step into the right direction recycling wise. The polymers used currently do not break down on their own.

There were so much exciting leaps in battery tech the last few years. Sodium-ion getting more dense. We now have SALD technology (spatial atom layer deposition) that helps the ion flow between anode and cathode.

BMW has a deal with a US startup named "ONE, Our Next Energy", they are getting towards 1000km+ range. The new BMW iX uses it already, there is has around 500km efficient range. The iX does not use the newest iteration, it's not ready for mass production yet.

Many of these new technologies are safe against overheating / igniting by design. A lot do not need lithium anymore at all. Proofs the naysayers are like the horse people when ICE came around. Give it time that it needs and good things will come, as we see now. It took only 12 years active EV development to get here.

posted on Jul, 29 2023 @ 02:10 PM
link   

I think battery is a stop gap for Hydrogen powered vehicles , better range , no battery to charge and it's emissions are water.

posted on Jul, 29 2023 @ 02:15 PM
link   
OMG I haven't clicked the link, but as soon as I read your OP I just conjured up images of horrendous dystopian future, industrial crab farms in warehouse's all over China.
šŸ˜±šŸ˜±šŸ˜±šŸ˜„šŸ˜„šŸ˜„

*Edit
a reply to: gortex
Totally agree, wind/wave/solar electricity producing hydrogen, for the win!šŸ‘

edit on 29-7-2023 by AdultMaleHuman73 because: See*Edit lol

posted on Jul, 29 2023 @ 02:17 PM
link   

How did you manage a 200% return on investments? My vanguard account has been pitiful , it was just down and has been since 2020

posted on Jul, 29 2023 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

I worked in Cryogenics for Air Products & Chemicals as an Engineer and Supervisor. The Director of Engineering was driving a hydrogen powered car in the 1990's.

The only issue that need to work out was the transmission and that thing had so much torque it would blow up the rear end gears now and then.

Now we have 8 speed Automatic Transmissions. When I last worked for GM Powertrain the engines were now so powerful that HP is unlimited and they began necking them down in 2004.

Now looking back all seem to know where this thing is going and I think your right on the EV moving over for Hydrogen. Its like AC versus DC current back in Edison's day!

posted on Jul, 29 2023 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: ancientlight

Bought 10,000 share on MRO ~ June 2020 @ between $6 to $8.75. Sold some at $34. Still have 6200 shares ~ $26 today. Look at Yahoo Finance.

posted on Jul, 29 2023 @ 02:26 PM
link   
a reply to: AdultMaleHuman73

Crabs and Lobster's and crustaceans oh my

posted on Jul, 29 2023 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: TDDAgain

I bought a Dewalt Lithium Ion reciprocating saw for cutting trees on our new one acre lot. Dam thing goes all day on one charge. Incredible

posted on Jul, 29 2023 @ 02:28 PM
link   

You can power most ICE cars with hydrogen by injecting the hydrogen into the intake channel in the correct amounts. There's not a lot you have to change other than injectors and software

BMW had a V12 that could run on hydrogen and fuel from factory ā™„

The thing is, that burning hydrogen is not efficient when it has to be produced first by other means. Renewables could be an answer but it's just not enough. I would prefer hydrogen as fuel to burn (not in a fuel cell). The other thing is storage. Not necessary because of the danger but keeping it there. AFAIK the most viable solution for civil purposes so far is a porous calcium hydride that can be electrified to store the hydrogen and release it in a controlled manner.

posted on Jul, 29 2023 @ 02:32 PM
link   
a reply to: TDDAgain

APD is building a 100% green Hydrogen Plant in Saudi Arabia. 100% powered by solar. You bet that's a prototype plant as they then produce the Hydrogen for the world????
edit on 04 13 2023 by Waterglass because: typos

posted on Jul, 29 2023 @ 02:38 PM
link   

I worked in the solar industry before. The efficiency of these solar cells will be so bad, in combination with cell degradation, temperature coefficient and other annoying things like the desert being a giant sand blasting gun for these panels...

will not work as they claim. What you don't see in these countries are the min wage / slave workers cleaning these panels at least once a week.

It's a real bad idea to use photovoltaic in a hot desert. I guess that's what will generate the electricity for electrolysis.

posted on Jul, 29 2023 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Look into TMC. The metals company.

edit on CSat, 29 Jul 2023 16:00:46 -0500pm2023-07-29T16:00:46-05:00kpmSaturdaypm2023-07-29T16:00:46-05:00k by Crackalackin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2023 @ 04:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Crackalackin

The company who's stocks went from 9.40$ down to 1.42ā‚¬? It had a peak again in July up to 2.40$. IDK, if you read into the companies history... Questionable...

posted on Jul, 29 2023 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Iā€™m all for this technology.

Batteries are the hardest part off living off-grid. We need better and cheaper solutions.

posted on Jul, 29 2023 @ 06:33 PM
link   
a reply to: pianopraze
Totally agree, I haven't bought any electricity off the mains supply for 2 years now, all self built solar, my own grid.
Batteries are the biggest issue, especially in winter with a few days of full cloud in a row.

Yes, I could buy enough batteries to charge in summer solely for winter supply...but I don't imagine enough lithium actually exists on earth, for billions of people to have their own adequate battery bank!
edit on 29-7-2023 by AdultMaleHuman73 because: Minor typo lol

posted on Jul, 29 2023 @ 06:55 PM
link   
"Hey Professor. What are you doing with those crab shells?"

"Why Gilligan, these crab shells might just get us off the island!"

"That's what you said about the coconut shells."

posted on Jul, 29 2023 @ 09:21 PM
link   
I wonder if Mr Musk has been thinking well ahead for the conversion of factories to produce Hydrogen powered cars?

He's working on the elements isn't he?

Paypal = thin air
Flamethrower = fire + air
Boring tunnels = earth
Tesla cars and solar = fire
SpaceX = fire + air
Starlink = air
HydroX = fire + water + air + save the Earth. Full house = The Fifth Element....lol

posted on Jul, 29 2023 @ 09:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: pianopraze

Iā€™m all for this technology.

Batteries are the hardest part off living off-grid. We need better and cheaper solutions.

How about a massive gyro built into the ground?

Spin the cr*p out of it with the power that can be made in daytime and use the momentum and potential at night.

REALLY big heavy ones could spin for AGES with only a slight draw for normal domestic use. I'm thinking about the size of a bus and many tons.

posted on Jul, 29 2023 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Not enough crabs to fulfill the need.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join