It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Researchers Claim They Developed a Room-Temperature Superconductor

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2023 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Baddogma

No Trouble at All Mate ......Cheers!

posted on Aug, 9 2023 @ 08:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: FamCore
a reply to: Baddogma

Have any other researchers been able to repeat the results? Last I heard the answer was no.

At this point, from what I'm aware, we're waiting on a larger sample to be able to properly test resistance. Other's have replicated the levitation effect but apparently there could be other explanations for that besides superconductivity. This roller coaster of validity is a fun ride.

posted on Aug, 9 2023 @ 03:55 PM
link   
a reply to: cooperton

Yeah, I've seen a few definitive "NO, just magnetic... on to the next thing!" and tentative "Yes, maybe... magnetism doesn't explain what we're seeing and more data is needed... ."

Historically, I'd trust the "maybe" over anything definitely negative with only one or two trials, no matter how 'rep-tastic' the lab or expert.

Fingers and toes crossed.

posted on Aug, 9 2023 @ 03:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Baddogma
a reply to: cooperton

Yeah, I've seen a few definitive "NO, just magnetic... on to the next thing!" and tentative "Yes, maybe... magnetism doesn't explain what we're seeing and more data is needed... ."

Historically, I'd trust the "maybe" over anything definitely negative with only one or two trials, no matter how 'rep-tastic' the lab or expert.

Fingers and toes crossed.

Yeah I think the original inventors are withholding some info so others dont rush in before its validated. That would be a hopeful scenario. I also read that it only becomes a superconductor when a voltage is applied to the material. So its a toss up at this point.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join