It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Researchers Claim They Developed a Room-Temperature Superconductor

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2023 @ 01:14 AM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

Sounds like a potentially good way to recycle all of those lead acid batteries... Sure they can be recycled into bullets, fishing weights etc. and even this sort of thing could too; If it were to be mass produced for consumer usage and something better eventually come along... Hence where the repression or suppression would typically kick in as a variable.

posted on Jul, 27 2023 @ 01:42 AM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

Really re Tesla? Were you being funny or am I completely off base that Tesla was around 90 when he died in his bed?
I totally believe that he could be snuffed by the terrible people who routinely float to the top of society's toilet, and his papers were actually ripped off by feds and uncle Trump... but ... but?

posted on Jul, 27 2023 @ 10:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Baddogma

Is this breakthrough from Unearthly Materials?

posted on Jul, 27 2023 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Like many before this,
This will just be forgotten!

posted on Jul, 27 2023 @ 01:20 PM
link   

OOps. my bad. must a been a alternate timeline im remembering. I could had swore tesla died in a car due to CO2 poisioning. Must be another inventor if not that.

posted on Jul, 27 2023 @ 03:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

originally posted by: network dude
and there is a car that runs on water.

Sorry, not gonna happen.

Yep and tesla was killed and it was made to look like suicide.(no joke) I bet those scientist have sudden falling from window or in front of subway train accidents after the tech is stolen of course.

I feel bad for all those who believe this will see the light of day. Hopium can be dangerous.

posted on Jul, 27 2023 @ 03:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

OOps. my bad. must a been a alternate timeline im remembering. I could had swore tesla died in a car due to CO2 poisioning. Must be another inventor if not that.

Tesla died of heart failure, a forgotten man, on January 7, 1943, the Orthodox Christmas Day of that year. Agents from the Federal Bureau of Investigation immediately removed the papers from Tesla's safe, citing wartime security concerns. His funeral was conducted in New York, and his body was cremated.

link

posted on Jul, 27 2023 @ 07:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: cooperton
Unless they're straight-up lying in the research paper, then this is phenomenal news

They were able to make a lead and phosphate structure achieve superconductivity at a temperature of 127 degrees Celsius,

Ummm... room temp? Is this room on Venus?

posted on Jul, 27 2023 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Hey BD,

Congrats! You scooped phys.org!!!

July 27, 2023 - Korean team claims to have created the first room-temperature, ambient-pressure superconductor.

If Gawd exists, the next chemical analogue will be the RTSC: LK-100

(Sings: My electricity leaving on the one after 99…”)

posted on Jul, 28 2023 @ 12:02 AM
link   
here is anton to talk about it

better than I can

posted on Jul, 28 2023 @ 08:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

I feel bad for all those who believe this will see the light of day. Hopium can be dangerous.

None of this violates thermodynamics though. The let-downs in the past have been perpetual motion machines, and other violations of thermodynamics. This could legitimately be the precipice of a new realm of science. Before this discovery, superconductors were potentially permanently impractical, but this shows there is much possibility for development. This discovery alone shows that structural chemistry could resolve this phenomenon inexpensively

posted on Jul, 29 2023 @ 08:48 AM
link   
a reply to: cooperton

What's so dangerous about doing God's work on ATS anyway? Hopium my ass.

Before this discovery, superconductors were potentially permanently impractical, but this shows there is much possibility for development.

Ambient pressure, yo!

posted on Jul, 29 2023 @ 08:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Baddogma That's what I call my gf, a room-temperature super-conductor of hot air.

posted on Jul, 29 2023 @ 10:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Insurrectile

Ambient pressure, yo!

Ambient pressure is so clutch.

The feature that makes it become a superconductor is "Superconducting quantum wells". This happens due to a lead atom being replaced by a copper atom, causing an overall volume shrinkage of the tube-like structure. For whatever reason, this causes it to behave like a superconductor. What's really exciting is this means that this effect can likely work universally, and there are likely even better elements out there to do the job that also isn't toxic lead. This is just the beginning of using this effect!

posted on Jul, 29 2023 @ 12:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: cooperton

This happens due to a lead atom being replaced by a copper atom,

Funny. Lead is used in batteries. Is it acting like a superconductor, or just acting like a battery. Hmm

posted on Jul, 29 2023 @ 03:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: WhatItIs
Funny. Lead is used in batteries. Is it acting like a superconductor, or just acting like a battery. Hmm

Technically it could be considered a crappy superconductor lol.

Superconductors would revolutionize a lot of tech... Most applications of semiconductors would be amplified with a superconductor, such as power lines. The difficulty in doing so has been the extreme temperature/pressure/materials required to do so.

posted on Jul, 29 2023 @ 10:34 PM
link   
a reply to: cooperton

It would revolutionize too much to list, starting with something as simple as saving 1/3rd (+ or -) of our generated electricity from dissipating over long transmission lines... and then we go into the cool stuff like levitating transport and buildings and ever smaller, more efficient computing, tech and power generation, etc.

I know it's been announced before, but not with such common, easy to make materials... let's hope it isn't memory holed like Lockheed's portable fusion generator, etc. etc.

As far as the q from someone else asking if it's released repressed antique or alien tech, I haven't the slightest ... and will default on the side of the guys who (maybe) discovered it being brilliant (and/or lucky). But there are some interesting things [slowly] going on.

edit on 7/29/2023 by Baddogma because: fractional mistake

edit on 7/29/2023 by Baddogma because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2023 @ 04:06 PM
link   

This story keeps on getting a bit more strange...

At Tom's Hardware, a no nonsense publication, they have the following news article posted:

www.tomshardware.com, Aug 1, 2023 - Superconductor Breakthrough Replicated, Twice, in Preliminary Testing.

None other than Lawrence Berkeley National Lab has run computer simulations that show the material exhibit the traits of superconductivity as claimed. They even speculate that the crystal lattice is not even optimized in "shake and bake" (same source) method of production (i.e., they can do better!).

And a Chinese lab has video of their sample doing the whole levitation thing as claimed in OP!

If it was just some Chinese u-tube video I would be "yawn, it's fake..." but to have Tom's Hardware post and LBNL running computer simulations?!!

Now we are getting somewhere!

posted on Aug, 1 2023 @ 08:13 PM
link   

As far as superconductors being a repressed antique alien technology, I would look back at 1952.
They replaced cryogenic liquid deuterium with room-temperature solid lithium deuteride for lab work.
Before 1952 there may have been repressed alien technology that was hidden to prevent weapons proliferation.

posted on Aug, 2 2023 @ 08:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Bordon81

Interesting... thanks.

The repression of tech as a safety measure is both understandable and the greatest soul killing tragedy. I suspect it could have been handled in a smarter, more generally beneficial way... but that's just an ignorant, ignorant guess.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join