It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Researchers Claim They Developed a Room-Temperature Superconductor

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2023 @ 07:44 AM
link   
So... even without the alleged century of suppressed tech, room temp cheap-to-make superconductive material is a huge game changer.

Wow.

A team of South Korean researchers report on a room-temperature superconductor in the pre-print server ArXiv. The superconductor is based on a modified lead-apatite structure. Previous claims of room-temperature superconductors have not held up to scientific scrutiny, so this work has a long research journey ahead. While it has yet to be peer-reviewed and likely faces a great deal of scrutiny, a team of scientists are reporting on the preprint server ArXiv that they have achieved room-temperature superconductor using a modified lead-apatite — LK-99 — structure According to the paper, operating at ambient pressure, LK-99 exhibits superconductivity with a critical temperature greater than or equal to 400 K, or 127°C.

thequantuminsider.com... 7/26/researchers-claim-they-developed-a-room-temperature-superconductor/

posted on Jul, 26 2023 @ 08:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Baddogma

I was reading about this earlier.

This is a game changer, and should be very cheap and easy to reproduce.

I can't find where I was reading it now, but they were saying it should be able to be peer reviewed within 2 - 3 months or so.

posted on Jul, 26 2023 @ 08:49 AM
link   
just cause it's cheap doesn't mean it will drop the price for the consumer.
they'll do just like big U,S, car manufacturers and produce them over seas saying they can make it cheaper there paying pennies to dollars that they would pay at home and reduce cost in the states. when in fact they raised the cost.

greedy Mother F---ers.
edit on 26-7-2023 by BernnieJGato because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2023 @ 09:42 AM
link   
UAP tech?

posted on Jul, 26 2023 @ 10:01 AM
link   
YAWN!!! Where have I heard this before? Oh! Right! Popular Science in the early 80's.

posted on Jul, 26 2023 @ 10:36 AM
link   

The unique structure of LK-99 that allows the minute distorted structure to be maintained in the interfaces is the most important factor that LK-99 maintains and exhibits superconductivity at room temperatures and ambient pressure.

The First Room-Temperature Ambient-Pressure Superconductor

Ambient pressure, WTF?
This is big news if true, innit?
edit on 26-7-2023 by Insurrectile because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2023 @ 12:36 PM
link   
and there is a car that runs on water.

Sorry, not gonna happen.

posted on Jul, 26 2023 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Room temperature superconductor research is not being suppressed in my opinion. The problem is there have been several claims by scientists of having developed a room temperature superconductor, but their experiments were unable to be repeated by peers who did make best efforts to replicate their experiments. So when a story comes out like this it is not viewed as likely to turn out to be true.

Certainly there is scientific research that is suppressed but most of it is medical research.

posted on Jul, 26 2023 @ 03:30 PM
link   

I hate these kinds of sensational headlines!

Duh! ANY room temperature superconductor is going to be world changing.

Let’s back the bus up a bit. The property of superconductivity was purposed then demonstrated at temps close to absolute aligns virtual particles called phonons (yes, as in sound which implies frequency), which causes the random, frenetic electrons to pair up then [flow with] zero [resistance]. Many metals exhibit this property at these temperatures because the phenomena is quantum in nature. Every day Brownian motions ceases at the phase transition temperature and a few more things also happen. It is theorized that the magnetic moment causes the random, frenetic, electrons to pair up (Cooper pairs) and then flow without resistance or energy loss from vacant holes in the lattice structure of the material.

High Temperature Superconductors (HTC/HTSC)do the same thing but higher (warmer) temperatures. And the materials are not even metallic but may even be an insulator at normal temps.

This is all due to the crystal structure either enabling or forcing the .electrons to interact in the quantum realm.

I am pretty confident that MIT and others have already thrown together compounds in a atomic simulation on their supercomputers and know what will (and won’t) work.

Like metallic hydrogen, hydrogen gas compressed so much that it solidifies into a crystalline structure, and other possible HTSC elements, have been studied.

Lead is the problem in the OP. Lead leeches out into the surroundings be it the beautiful blue Mexican plate, the ball from the powder fired rifle in the War Between the States where just to be sure they amputated your limb, to water pipes where you run cold water for your pho instead of hot because lead leeches out better in hot water than cold, to the tasty white, slightly salty, paint that I can’t stop snacking on in my grandmas basement, we can’t wrap the planet in leechy lead power lines!!!

If it is true, great!! But just let it read that we have taken the step towards realizing a room temperature sc!!

And as always,
[TEOT’s weird idea]: since SC shrink when you cool them down to the transition temperature, why not wrap it in carbon nanotubes and keep it “under pressure” and pre-chilled.Then figure out the frequency to facilitate Cooper pairs. A pulse or two, maybe a continuous frequency, and no electricity loss or heat!! Light without heat!!

(lead free stein! Didn’t Edgar Winter play on that song?)

PS - The other RTSC paper appears to have fraudulent data and that paper too will be yanked! So much for “red matter”!
edit on 26-7-2023 by TEOTWAWKIAIFF because: Fix sentences

posted on Jul, 26 2023 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Unless they're straight-up lying in the research paper, then this is phenomenal news

They were able to make a lead and phosphate structure achieve superconductivity at a temperature of 127 degrees Celsius, with ambient pressure (meaning the same pressure as when you walk outside). This is HUGE because ordinarily superconductivity would require vast energy to attain extreme temperatures or extreme pressures and also involve very expensive material. Lead and phosphate are exponentially cheaper than some of the other materials that have been used to attain superconductivity.
edit on 26-7-2023 by cooperton because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2023 @ 05:49 PM
link   
So I guess what does this mean for humanity should this be authentic?

posted on Jul, 26 2023 @ 06:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

Sorry, not gonna happen.

I like a hot super conductor to go with my cold fusion, thank you.

posted on Jul, 26 2023 @ 06:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fairtrade141
So I guess what does this mean for humanity should this be authentic?

Floating self-driving cars. and i would speculate that its also a big part of UFO tech

youtu.be...

posted on Jul, 26 2023 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Long time lurker, first time poster. This one hits close to home. My grandfather patented superconductivity 14 years ago! Check out Patent number: 7482298.

Anywho, as my grandfather laid dying from cancer, the culmination of his work that he was very secrative about was proved correct by the patent office in 2009 as he was issued Patent number: 7482298 for ROOM TEMPERATURE SUPERCONDUCTIVITY! This stuff is beyond me, but I would love to know what any 50lb brains in here think of it. Feel free to share with anyone that you think may be interested.

Side note: While this formula proves Room Temperature Superconductivity, he kept the materials mixture required a secret that he ultimately died with... his only hint to us was you have to apply the sound practice of a Natural Chemist, not a regular one with his equation. Whatever that means. Anywho, enjoy and feel free to share. Let's go ATS, let's solve room temperature superconductivity 😀 Lots more to this story if interested.

edit on 26-7-2023 by Jnepela because: Grammer

posted on Jul, 26 2023 @ 07:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Jnepela

my 1lb brain cant help you but i believe this link is to what you describe, waaaaay above my knowledge but it is titled high temperatures though

US Patent for Superconductor compositions operable at high temperatures Patent (Patent # 7,482,298)

posted on Jul, 26 2023 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Correct, that is the title, the title description is a little misleading, the narrative of the patent describes room temperature superconductivity. a reply to: UpThenDown

posted on Jul, 26 2023 @ 11:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Jnepela

This is important. Did your grandfather ever produce a piece of this superconductor material. Other wise he was just another armchair scientist .

posted on Jul, 26 2023 @ 11:59 PM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

Yup, but it was headlined and nobody bothered to post at this neglected, formerly esteemed site ... so I posted.

I'm of the opinion that we have it and every other pie-in-the-sky technological and material science wet dream locked in the dank dungeons of what were formerly our SAPs and are now fiefdoms of their own.

If this latest effort at protecting whistleblowers gels, I foresee either a supercharged Jetsons/Star Trek world of ecstatic people ...

OR many, many secret science geeks getting murdered to keep the big guys safe... which might be another reason for all the secret people to run to D.C. and get right with the constitutional gods to save their arses ...if reuniting the human race and sharing our legacy isn't enough of a reason.

eta: oh, annd we both missed a joke about room temperature IQs, too.
edit on 7/27/2023 by Baddogma because: add

posted on Jul, 27 2023 @ 12:01 AM
link   
a reply to: cooperton

Yeah, it's really interesting as one could whip it up in a garage.

I hope it's fer true!

posted on Jul, 27 2023 @ 12:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

Sorry, not gonna happen.

Yep and tesla was killed and it was made to look like suicide.(no joke) I bet those scientist have sudden falling from window or in front of subway train accidents after the tech is stolen of course.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join