It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Perlman makes threats to studio execs in reference to Hollywood on strike

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2023 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Unions are bad . Don't do unions .
1) Being a union member only means "I don't have to work as hard as the contractors and make more money" .
2) Unions do deliberate with corporations for wage increases . However , they raise union dues which means more money for political contributions and themselves .

The unions now are not anywhere like what unions used to be .

posted on Jul, 16 2023 @ 07:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

The unions now are not anywhere like what unions used to be .

Mine is. I'm on strike now. I feel like my union dues is money well spent to have health insurance, retirement and legal representation, safe working conditions and a fair wage.

iatse.net...

edit on 16-7-2023 by olaru12 because: you mad bro?

posted on Jul, 16 2023 @ 07:49 PM
link   
a reply to: CoyoteAngels

I was listening to someone talking about how much of a raise they are getting. Which isn't very much. It was something like a .2 to .008 pay increase. Which doesn't sound unreasonable. Disney would probably be paying an extra 75 million, WB maybe 30 something million and Sony 20 something million. These studios are always scamming money for themselves. They can afford to pay the people that actually make them those millions a little more.

posted on Jul, 17 2023 @ 12:20 AM
link   
a reply to: openminded2011

So it's ok to make terrorist threats in order to support your friends?

Wow.

posted on Jul, 17 2023 @ 12:21 AM
link   
a reply to: grey580

You make a very good point.

Is it ok for Perlman to make terrorist threads because he stands for a good cause?

posted on Jul, 17 2023 @ 12:28 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Yes, Disney used to be more than just another overpriced theme park. I dont think I've seen a Disney movie on purpose in years. If the grandkids have it on when I'm at their house, then Ive caught some, but from what I've seen I'm not impressed. And I used to really love Disney productions.

So sad.

Yeah, I'd take their money to the bank too, tho'. Gotta eat.

posted on Jul, 17 2023 @ 12:35 AM
link   
a reply to: NorthOfStuffx2

Very good point, my friend. Actors, celebrities, social influencers, and top ball players. Paid more than their worth to society.

posted on Jul, 17 2023 @ 12:49 AM
link   

A frog having a pistol is less rare than a Republican in Hollywood!

posted on Jul, 17 2023 @ 01:06 AM
link   
Here is a good video giving a rundown of what is going on with the writer's and actors strike. It also has the remarks by Perlman in it and sort of alludes that it might be referring to Bob Iger, CEO of Disney.

⚠ Explicit Language ⚠

On a side note, first time I recall seeing Perlman was in The Name of the Rose. Poor Salvatore:

edit on 17-7-2023 by randomuser because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2023 @ 07:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: CoyoteAngels
a reply to: grey580

You make a very good point.

Is it ok for Perlman to make terrorist threads because he stands for a good cause?

When you’re threatening one entity, it’s just a threat of violence. Terrorism is for large groups.

Again, I think Perlman crossed a line… But using hyperbole just for people you don’t like is what makes the word so broadly used today.

posted on Jul, 17 2023 @ 08:16 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

I didn't see him address one person. He said 'studio executives''. That is a group.

It is meant to intimidate and instill fear in a group. The other side of the negotiations.

Unions have a long history of terrorism against 'management'. This is nothing new.

Sorry if I call a spade a spade.

Why do people on the left of the political spectrum get a pass on blowing dog whistles for violence?

posted on Jul, 17 2023 @ 02:42 PM
link   

I feel like my union dues is money well spent to have health insurance, retirement

The company one works for usually provides that . The union can only go into talks with the company for better .
Legal representation : Good thing they still do that .

10 years shop steward at a major company .

posted on Jul, 17 2023 @ 04:21 PM
link   

That's Pearlman for ya. He shouldn't be making threats to anyone. But go ahead and try to stop him.

posted on Jul, 17 2023 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Sorry if I call a spade a spade.

Why do people on the left of the political spectrum get a pass on blowing dog whistles for violence?

Well... At least Ron Perlman hasn't posted the address of anyone's home online, resulting in armed citizens showing up.

Sorry if I call the kettle black.

posted on Jul, 17 2023 @ 11:00 PM
link   
a reply to: CloneFarm1000

Which doxing are you speaking of? Im sure there have been more than one!

posted on Jul, 18 2023 @ 11:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
e

I feel like my union dues is money well spent to have health insurance, retirement

The company one works for usually provides that . The union can only go into talks with the company for better .
Legal representation : Good thing they still do that .

10 years shop steward at a major company .

Essentially I'm a gig worker, changing companies [Netflix, Disney, ESPN, Marvel, DC] every month or so, depending on the project. The only benefits I receive are from IATSE and SAG. I'm on strike now supporting the writers....

Union Proud, Union Strong....
edit on 18-7-2023 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2023 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Dude is just a smarmy white knight

posted on Jul, 19 2023 @ 04:38 AM
link   

www.pbs.org...

I'd say the above article is just as much if not more of a dog whistle/call to violence than Ron Perlman's deleted tweet, since an individual actually showed up armed at someones home.

BOTH cases whether it's someone leaning left or right are condemnable, dissavowable and irresponsible.

If it's disdain you feel towards Perlman, for the sake of your own philosophical consistency, you should reserve the same disdain for Trump, because as you said earlier:

That being said. These are terroristic threats!! And you excuse it because in your mind, he is a talented PASSIONATE actor and he holds silmilar political views.

Just replace the word actor with politician and your argument rings true in both cases.

In the interest of fairness, I say, if Trumps words are to be swept under the rug than so should Perlman's.
edit on 19-7-2023 by CloneFarm1000 because: Likely nothing burger

posted on Jul, 19 2023 @ 10:15 AM
link   
a reply to: CloneFarm1000

Who said I'm a Trump fan?

I really don't like him. I don't support him for the nomination.

posted on Jul, 19 2023 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Never claimed that you were a Trump supporter.

I'm just debating this quote from you earlier in the thread in regards to how the left always get a pass and provided an example on how the right also gets passes.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join