It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Twitter's rival Threads goes full on censorship

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2023 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Their logo is quite interesting. I don't know what they were aiming for, but I'm seeing three 6's plain as day -

I'm sure it's just a coincicidence.

posted on Jul, 12 2023 @ 09:25 AM
link   
a reply to: underpass61

It's a stylized @ symbol.

posted on Jul, 12 2023 @ 09:46 AM
link   
a reply to: AlienBorg

Zuckerberg is the same type of an ego maniac and a remorseless, narcissistic monster that Elon Musk is.

Lemmings can't tell the difference.

posted on Jul, 12 2023 @ 10:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mahogany

Zuckerberg is the same type of an ego maniac and a remorseless, narcissistic monster that Elon Musk is.

I will agree on what Zuckerberg is but there is a difference in quality between him and Elon Musk. I won't Zuckerberg on anything he says or he does. I am more lenient with Musk.

posted on Jul, 12 2023 @ 10:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: AlienBorg

I will agree on what Zuckerberg is but there is a difference in quality between him and Elon Musk. I won't Zuckerberg on anything he says or he does. I am more lenient with Musk.

Not from where I stand.

To me, it's being given two razors and a choice of which to cut your wrists with.

And people are pointing at the other side and saying, look at those fools, they chose the wrong razor!

You're all giving your free data away to one of two monsters, who will use it train their own AI systems on your free data, so that they can manipulate you even better in the near future. But go ahead, choose the razor you believe to be shinier.

posted on Jul, 12 2023 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Not from where I stand.

To me, it's being given two razors and a choice of which to cut your wrists with.

And people are pointing at the other side and saying, look at those fools, they chose the wrong razor!

You're all giving your free data away to one of two monsters, who will use it train their own AI systems on your free data, so that they can manipulate you even better in the near future. But go ahead, choose the razor you believe to be shinier.

I don't have an account on Twitter or Threads. But Twitter is a much more open platform where you can discuss almost everything without the censorship of the past.

The privacy part is an issue and was always an issue.

posted on Jul, 12 2023 @ 11:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

Gotta hand it to them (META) they came out fighting. Zuckerberg must be ready for that cage fight with Elon!

the thing is ------>musks Twitter and METAs Threads will soon reach 'AI' level consciousness and do their Own T "& C PROTOCOLS.... this here is the preliminary pre-battle

both platforms want to be the voice of the Beast/"Image

~it takes a while for the COVID, mRNA parasite to develop into the THOUGHT-FORM entity that it is designed to become AND infect people far-and-wide
edit on th31168917888112212023 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2023 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Have you ever thought that it could be the
Staff that are taking money to do this?
and they use a Lot of other tactics.

posted on Jul, 12 2023 @ 12:05 PM
link   

a reply to: RazorV66

Again…..what lies is Trump Jr telling? Name 5 lies he has told.

LOL
How many times did he cheat on his wife?

How about you try listing 5 truths Don Jr continually spouts. Start there, if you must start.

ONCE AGAIN……..you made the statement and I asked you what lies?

The fact that you can’t name any proves you are full of it and are just spouting regurgitated BS from any number of Liberal mouthpieces.

You are happy they try to censor Conservatives and you do it without shame.
That is the sad part.

posted on Jul, 12 2023 @ 12:30 PM
link   

I don't have an account on Twitter or Threads. But Twitter is a much more open platform where you can discuss almost everything without the censorship of the past.

twitter is not open anymore though is it?, dont you know you need an account to read the drivel people bloviate since musk took over?

posted on Jul, 12 2023 @ 01:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: UpThenDown

twitter is not open anymore though is it?, dont you know you need an account to read the drivel people bloviate since musk took over?

It still doesn't make it a platform applying censorship the way the woke platforms do. By open platform I meant something very different to how you interpreted it.

You're wrong as until very recently you were able to see weets and follow accounts without an account. Now you need an account although some of the tweets and main page of those who you follow are still accessible.

posted on Jul, 12 2023 @ 01:46 PM
link   

LOL
ONCE AGAIN, Nah. I'm not taking that bait.

Anyway, this thread isn't about Don Jr and his lies. It's about THREADS censoring hate speech. And, it's about THREAD's faux pas (so they say) of a "pop-up" warning, double checking to see if folks really wanna follow a known liar. Which is some funny #!

edit on 12-7-2023 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2023 @ 01:59 PM
link   

LOL
ONCE AGAIN, Nah. I'm not taking that bait.

Anyway, this thread isn't about Don Jr and his lies. It's about THREADS censoring hate speech. And, it's about THREAD's faux pas (so they say) of a "pop-up" warning, double checking to see if folks really wanna follow a known liar. Which is some funny #!

Sure thing…..sure thing.

This is what I get when I try to get a straight, simple answer.

posted on Jul, 12 2023 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Zuck is a one trick pony and can't hold a candle to the brilliance that is Elon.

Ummm... ok, but I'd call them morons.

posted on Jul, 12 2023 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Nah, that's not what you want. You want a list of "lies" that you can argue against.

You first!
If you really want to go down that rabbit hole, give me a list of truths Don Jr has promoted that have wrongly been flagged as misinformation. Start there.

posted on Jul, 12 2023 @ 02:42 PM
link   

how am i wrong, all i stated was you need an account (under musk), which you confirmed, yet somehow i am wrong

i dont get people cheerleading for either musk or zuckerberg, yet here you are

why is musk such a bastion of the free world for you? because ultra rich guy said some PR BS you believed it, give me a break

twitter and threads will never have my details, nor truthsocial or any other of the drivel related nonsense, oh and I dont follow anyone on twitter...do you?
edit on 000000p3102America/Chicago712202337 by UpThenDown because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2023 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Nah, that's not what you want. You want a list of "lies" that you can argue against.

You first!
If you really want to go down that rabbit hole, give me a list of truths Don Jr has promoted that have wrongly been flagged as misinformation. Start there.

Nope.
That’s not how it works in a courtroom or in real life.
Innocent until proven guilty is something you guys don’t like.
I’ve already proven you wrong, I don’t need any more facts to back it up.

posted on Jul, 12 2023 @ 02:48 PM
link   

When will the US Government make "Threads" mandatory for news consumption and voicing opinions?

posted on Jul, 12 2023 @ 02:51 PM
link   

LOL

Don't take yourself, or that liar/grifter/con man/coc aine addict Don Jr, so seriously. This isn't a "court of law", it's, at best, a court of public opinion, at worst, a QAnon haven for Trump worshippers.

posted on Jul, 12 2023 @ 02:57 PM
link   

LOL

Don't take yourself, or that liar/grifter/con man/coc aine addict Don Jr, so seriously. This isn't a "court of law", it's, at best, a court of public opinion, at worst, a QAnon haven for Trump worshippers.

Yada yada yada

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join