It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Twitter's rival Threads goes full on censorship

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2023 @ 10:08 PM
link   
www.dailymail.co.uk...-12280359

Outrage has spread on rival platform Twitter since the platform's inception earlier this week after claims it deleted content questioning gender ideologies and users were being actively discouraged from following Donald Trump Jr.

And this is how it starts!

Are you sure you want to follow Donald Trump Jr? (In case you made the mistake of pressing the follow button) Then followed by the statement this account has spread false information and this was verified by their independent fact-checkers. So we are now sure and confident we won't get harmed by misinformation and lies.

Posts and threads removed for going against community guidelines on hate speech. On this app hate speech is any of the following and many more.

Hate speech

-There are only two genders
-Men/women can't become women/men
-Men can't get pregnant
-Men can't breastfeed

It looks like an attempt to create a mega woke platform (most of the platforms are woke anyway) to monitor and surveillance accounts where personal information is collected and probably sold for a quick buck or even shared with all the alphabet agencies.

posted on Jul, 11 2023 @ 10:20 PM
link   
a reply to: AlienBorg

Threads included a notice asking users if they definitely wanted to follow Donald Trump Jr. after they pressed the follow button.

'Are you sure you want to follow donaldtrumpjr?' read the warning. 'This account has repeatedly posted false information that was reviewed by independent fact-checkers or went against our Community Guidelines.'

Ah ha hahaha!

posted on Jul, 11 2023 @ 10:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

Threads included a notice asking users if they definitely wanted to follow Donald Trump Jr. after they pressed the follow button.

'Are you sure you want to follow donaldtrumpjr?' read the warning. 'This account has repeatedly posted false information that was reviewed by independent fact-checkers or went against our Community Guidelines.'

Ah ha hahaha!

Fact-checkers and community guidelines.
What did you expect? Miracles?
edit on 11-7-2023 by AlienBorg because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2023 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Gotta hand it to them (META) they came out fighting. Zuckerberg must be ready for that cage fight with Elon!

+10 more 
posted on Jul, 11 2023 @ 10:26 PM
link   

The left will love having an echo chamber back.

posted on Jul, 11 2023 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Gotta hand it to them (META) they came out fighting. Zuckerberg must be ready for that cage fight with Elon!

They probably getting 'advise and support' because elections are coming in a little over a year.

posted on Jul, 11 2023 @ 10:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: tamusan

More than that.

+7 more 
posted on Jul, 11 2023 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Ah ha hahaha!

It’s no surprise that you find censorship funny.
Great job.

posted on Jul, 11 2023 @ 10:42 PM
link   
a reply to: RazorV66

From what I'm reading, they're not censoring Don Jr, they're just doubling checking that people really wanna follow someone who posts lies all the time...which I DO find funny!

edit on 11-7-2023 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2023 @ 10:48 PM
link   

From what I'm reading, they're not censoring Don Jr, they're just doubling checking that people really wanna follow someone who posts lies all the time...which I DO find funny!

Don't they have anything better to do rather than double check what people really want to do while on the platform. The checkers seem overly sensitive...

posted on Jul, 11 2023 @ 10:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

You should get the app btw.
It's a super woke platform and you will agree with their policies on hate speech. If you state there are only two genders or that men can't get pregnant you are warned and censored.

posted on Jul, 11 2023 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Don't they have anything better to do rather than double check what people really want to do while on the platform.

One would think so.

posted on Jul, 11 2023 @ 10:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: tamusan

Twitter is already back to being that aside from the “controlled opposition”…

+8 more 
posted on Jul, 11 2023 @ 11:10 PM
link   

What exactly are the lies that is he telling?

Are they censoring the lies that Biden tells? Or doubling down on them?

posted on Jul, 11 2023 @ 11:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: RazorV66

What exactly are the lies that is he telling?

Are they censoring the lies that Biden tells? Or doubling down on them?

I wonder if you will get a straight answer.

posted on Jul, 11 2023 @ 11:22 PM
link   

LMAO...

From the OP's source:

A spokesperson for Meta, Andy Stone, then replied: 'This was an error and shouldn't have happened. It's been fixed.'

If you think I'm a fan of Facebook or Zuckerberg, you're barking up the wrong tree, like a dog....

edit on 11-7-2023 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2023 @ 11:24 PM
link   

I wonder if you will get a straight answer.

Oh please. I'm not taking that bait or running down that rabbit hole!

You guys crack me up!

posted on Jul, 11 2023 @ 11:52 PM
link   

LMAO...

From the OP's source:

A spokesperson for Meta, Andy Stone, then replied: 'This was an error and shouldn't have happened. It's been fixed.'

If you think I'm a fan of Facebook or Zuckerberg, you're barking up the wrong tree, like a dog....

You said Trump Jr. was telling lies.
I just wanted to know what lies were being told.

Alienborg was right, it wasn’t a straight answer.
edit on 11-7-2023 by RazorV66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2023 @ 12:09 AM
link   

No. I said:

THREADS said Don Jr was a known liar, that's a given, and was double checking to make people really wanted to follow him.
That's some funny stuff!

edit on 12-7-2023 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2023 @ 12:19 AM
link   

The only people I know talking about this new threads platform are those engaging in marketing on the platform and people here.
So I have to ask why do you care what other people do or partake in when it comes to social media? Honest question, does it have any affect on your life besides upsetting you?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join